MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

49 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

De La Salle has no chance and everyone knows it. Mater Dei: 2018 Bowl champion.😴

Mater Dei roster: http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2018/preview_view.pl?school=Mater_Dei_(Santa_Ana,_CA)

De La Salle roster: http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2018/preview_view.pl?school=De_La_Salle_(Concord,_CA)

Now you tell us after 8 pages of discussion!?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Here’s a take from someone who went against both. First off, BG game 1 vs game 4 saw a bunch of changes, so not really comparing apples to apples here. 

Vs MD - you could argue either way, but game was much closer in 1st half. Could have been 14-7 or even 7-7. We had a ton of 1st timers, not transferred in 1st timers to our team, but 1st time under the microscope dudes. 

Vs DLS - Could have easily been 7-0 heading into half. Offense finally finding their identity. 

Both games - big plays killed us & both teams have dudes that can make them

MD DL is good, but don’t discredit DLS OL. 

Keys to game:

MD- who’s will be suspended? (Stache went to bed with the devil & has to deal with all that comes with that)

DLS - be patient and do what you do best 

Both - DLS out of character, had a few silly penalties against us & MD has picked up their share of personal’s - which team keeps its poise and which loses it and creates opportunities for the other

Both - need to limit the “big plays”, but I’d have to give MD the edge in ability to make them (assuming half the O isn’t suspended)

Never thought I’d see the day, but I’m pulling for DLS.  Winning last year, allowed me to lower my guard & respect what the program does.  MD is a whole different story - not going to open that can.  

I think people discredit DLS style way to much & I used to be in that group.  Not sexy, just blue collar hard working style.  DLS linemen (both sides) not going to turn any heads at a camp/combine but they play hard and with a lot of heart. It allows them to play beyond their physical limits. DLS needs to limit the big hitters, control the game, go after their dudes - wear them down & frustrate them & limit mistakes.  Just keep feeding To’oto’o & Garrett then let Hale make a few plays.  I don’t expect another high scoring State game, much more like MD/SJB II.  ALso expect at least a handful of IE Ducks...oops I mean MD players, out for  this game.  

Going with 24-21 DLS on a late game winning FG.

I’m going with MD 55-10

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

We all know what he did. Stupid tweets after the Bosco game. Criddell is out also as he is sitting in stands with Ricks. 

Great.  Now if DLS pulls the upset, the narrative will be "only because of suspensions..."  And when DLS loses, its "And they couldn't even beat the back ups".

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 1:13 PM, Blueliner said:

DLS will pull out the stops and will go down swinging.

^^^^^

This!

Tall task against a great team, but they aren't sacrificial lambs this year.  Not that the previous couple of DLS teams didn't go down swinging, but they knew it was nigh impossible -- these guys are excited about attempting the merely improbable

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 12:51 PM, Eddyr2 said:

MD's front 7 is built to stop running schemes like the veer and spread option.

• 3 300+lbs down linemen
  • 4 210 LBs that are closer to SS then LB. they are fast and read the run very well
  • 6 DB that can cover 4* WR all day.

MD's defense will have trouble with teams that can line up and move the DL back a foot...dont think DLS has that kind of Oline

You can only have 11 on the field

Would be more fair if it was only 10

On 12/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, Gridiron Godfather said:

Here’s a take from someone who went against both. First off, BG game 1 vs game 4 saw a bunch of changes, so not really comparing apples to apples here. 

Vs MD - you could argue either way, but game was much closer in 1st half. Could have been 14-7 or even 7-7. We had a ton of 1st timers, not transferred in 1st timers to our team, but 1st time under the microscope dudes. 

Vs DLS - Could have easily been 7-0 heading into half. Offense finally finding their identity. 

Both games - big plays killed us & both teams have dudes that can make them

MD DL is good, but don’t discredit DLS OL. 

Keys to game:

MD- who’s will be suspended? (Stache went to bed with the devil & has to deal with all that comes with that)

DLS - be patient and do what you do best 

Both - DLS out of character, had a few silly penalties against us & MD has picked up their share of personal’s - which team keeps its poise and which loses it and creates opportunities for the other

Both - need to limit the “big plays”, but I’d have to give MD the edge in ability to make them (assuming half the O isn’t suspended)

Never thought I’d see the day, but I’m pulling for DLS.  Winning last year, allowed me to lower my guard & respect what the program does.  MD is a whole different story - not going to open that can.  

I think people discredit DLS style way to much & I used to be in that group.  Not sexy, just blue collar hard working style.  DLS linemen (both sides) not going to turn any heads at a camp/combine but they play hard and with a lot of heart. It allows them to play beyond their physical limits. DLS needs to limit the big hitters, control the game, go after their dudes - wear them down & frustrate them & limit mistakes.  Just keep feeding To’oto’o & Garrett then let Hale make a few plays.  I don’t expect another high scoring State game, much more like MD/SJB II.  ALso expect at least a handful of IE Ducks...oops I mean MD players, out for  this game.  

Going with 24-21 DLS on a late game winning FG.

From your lips to God's ears.....

Well done and classy

I haven't generated your optimism, and yours is one opinion, but the fact that your team lost by 6 to DLS and 42-0 to MD is something I haven't been able to get around in searching for the half full glass.  Nice to hear from a Gael that it didn't appear as conclusive to you

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

^^^^^

This!

Tall task against a great team, but they aren't sacrificial lambs this year.  Not that the previous couple of DLS teams didn't go down swinging, but they knew it was nigh impossible -- these guys are excited about attempting the merely improbable

“You play to win play the game!”

This senior group hasn’t hoisted the hardware. They’ll be hungry. And you nailed it, they arent sacrificial lambs like the past couple. This is a strong squad that believes that they can win this game. I’m feeling froggy!....17-14 DLS in the upset. I’m meeting PrepG down in Concord for the game so we can witness a historical win by our tiny, little, band of undersized Spartans. 🤣😎

• Like 1

btw, didn't find the game at NFHS

signed up for my free week of sling, and it's got me in a 15 minute "just a moment"

also I tried to put in my Bay Area zip code, but it required me to allow access to my current location (about 10 miles from Victoria BC) so not certain I'll have access to NBC Bay Area 

any help appreciated 

sucks that it's not even on NFHS -- seems like all the other CA games are