PrepGridiron Year End Awards

PrepGridiron

We will attempt to do a PrepGridiron first and have End Of the Year Awards. Built on our community first model, we will be sourcing the nominees over the next few weeks, with the final awards being announced mid January. These are the categories. I am open to adding 3 more categories, so please feel free to suggest.

Team of the Year - this is not the MNC or #1 team in the country (although it very well can be), but goes to the team that excelled during the season and earned the respect of the esteemed members of this board.

Poster of the Year - goes to the poster that provided the most insight about national HSFB 

Thread of the Year - goes to the most interesting, entertaining and/or informational thread

Post the Year - goes to the most interesting, entertaining and/or informational post

Troll of the Year - this is not what you think as we do not want to endorse trolling, but this goes to the poster that was subtly able to drop a turd in the room and let the others argue on whether it stinks or not

Fan of the Year - this goes to that poster that best embodied fandom (whether blind or not)

Spit Out My Coffee Post - goes to the post that had your co-workers turning around wondering WTF

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

We will attempt to do a PrepGridiron first and have End Of the Year Awards. Built on our community first model, we will be sourcing the nominees over the next few weeks, with the final awards being announced mid January. These are the categories. I am open to adding 3 more categories, so please feel free to suggest.

Team of the Year - this is not the MNC or #1 team in the country (although it very well can be), but goes to the team that excelled during the season and earned the respect of the esteemed members of this board.

Poster of the Year - goes to the poster that provided the most insight about national HSFB 

Thread of the Year - goes to the most interesting, entertaining and/or informational thread

Post the Year - goes to the most interesting, entertaining and/or informational post

Troll of the Year - this is not what you think as we do not want to endorse trolling, but this goes to the poster that was subtly able to drop a turd in the room and let the others argue on whether it stinks or not

Fan of the Year - this goes to that poster that best embodied fandom (whether blind or not)

Spit Out My Coffee Post - goes to the post that had your co-workers turning around wondering WTF

How about the owner/proprietor of the year?😀

more the guy proposing it- just kidding

Prep is nominated and Prep - we have a winner 

thanks Prep😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hardhit1 said:

How about the owner/proprietor of the year?😀

more the guy proposing it- just kidding

Prep is nominated and Prep - we have a winner 

thanks Prep😆

I was already rigging this so that I win, thread, post and poster of the year. I was going to throw @HawgGoneIt a bone and rig the voting for Fan of the Year in his favor and was going to try and sway Troll of the Year and Spit Out My Coffee also in my favor

• Haha 3

Moderator of the Year: maybe too easy

Game of the Year: MD vs. IMG; MD vs. SJB II

Content Creator of the Year? @Gardensateballer for the interviews;  @dntn31 for the comp poll.

Most Disappointing Season: STA (again); Grayson (again); Folsom for their underwhelming performances in the DLS game and in their state championship game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Troll of the Year: @Sammyswordsman for the Tears

Fan of the Year: @ECHS05 for the way he defends GA against all other states like a mother defends her son against all outside criticism. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Bishop Gorman. Could have mailed it in after the first 3 loses but hung tough and won state for the 10th year

Me. My post to reaction ratio if HoF worthy

Black eye for GA

My uncle Rico post from yesterday was killer

@Sammyswordsman

@Pops

My uncle Rico post from yesterday was awesome

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Game of the Year: MD vs. IMG

Still get goosebumps thinking about that game...the way the magician march the team down the field was amazing...that and the fact they MD ran “Fo High”, (MD’s double  reverse flea flicker), a play they have ran in big games since 1991, was heart warming.

\|/

24 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Bishop Gorman. Could have mailed it in after the first 3 loses but hung tough and won state for the 10th year

Me. My post to reaction ratio if HoF worthy

Black eye for GA

My uncle Rico post from yesterday was killer

@Sammyswordsman

@Pops

My uncle Rico post from yesterday was awesome

Biggest troll of year has to be Los but he is a pathetic excuse who don't even deserve to win a award for biggest troll LMAO

• Haha 4

good stuff man! 

I'd only guess a few but

Team of Year  - I know it doesn't say "how many" esteemed members of this board have respect for this team pretty much every season and for that and what they do each season, I'd go with Aliquippa PA.  Single A in size and won ANOTHER Three A title.  Less than 100 in graduating class but just repping out D1 studs.  Went 15-0 with a new head coach.  Aliquippa PA

Poster of Year - tie b/n Gator954 and HSFBfan.  DLS guys always good but this season these two just kept it real.  Gator made it real hard to hate on STA and that's impressive with Canes ever present (plop flush).

Thread of Year - I say it now, it will be this one for sure!!!

Troll of Year - I say Canes baby b/c he is the turd in the room and he does stink!!! 

Fan of Year - Eddyr2 b/c MD was rolling and so was he!

Post of the Year - Most Disappointing Football Team goes to... - nice way to end the season I guess???

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Team of Year  - I know it doesn't say "how many" esteemed members of this board have respect for this team pretty much every season and for that and what they do each season, I'd go with Aliquippa PA.  Single A in size and won ANOTHER Three A title.  Less than 100 in graduating class but just repping out D1 studs.  Went 15-0 with a new head coach.  Aliquippa PA

This is great. I remember reading about their former coach. Glad to see that community stick together and get on top. Really awesome. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

This is great. I remember reading about their former coach. Glad to see that community stick together and get on top. Really awesome. 

not to dilute this thread with other stuff but real quick, their new HC is a former Quips quarterback, he is young and they love him there.  they bring back quite a few good ones.  will still be up at 3A class.  watch out for their soph class as well.  their community (as are many small town Pitt area communities) solid when it comes to sticking together football wise when shit hits the fan or adversity strikes.  check out a story on Clairton PA too.  good football read as well. 

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/highschool/2012/11/20/clairton-bears-football/1717159/     since this article Clairton has played in five WPIAL (districts) champiionships and played in two state title games.  Lamont Wade just one of many studs from that small school.  graduates about 60 or 70 in senior class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

All I know is I better win something 

I'd like to see you win so you could post that LaVar Ball gif in receiving your award.

When used at the right time, as you have more than once, I don't recall a better one.

Maybe a category of "Gif of the Year". Cracks me up, him sauntering out there, about as proud as a person could be of them self.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I'd like to see you win so you could post that LaVar Ball gif in receiving your award.

When used at the right time, as you have more than once, I don't recall a better one.

Maybe a category of "Gif of the Year". Cracks me up, him sauntering out there, about as proud as a person could be of them self.

I still prefer his RAW entrance but hey I’m a wrestling Mark

473BBF2B-297B-45C3-AB29-D6763FF64607.gif.69c1e9b3814520f22a97c6cf2a454cad.gif