Who is the greatest sports athlete of all time.?

Horsefly

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I saw this question on another site.  who is the greatest of all time?   the discussion was on Brady being better than Jordan.  thoughts?

others I thought of were Jim Thorpe, Carl lewis, Wayne Gretzsky…... 

Jim brown. Lacrosse and football. 

Bo jackson football and baseball

Jordan is better than brady. Jordan never lost a championship when he was in it

35 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Did you see Jim Brown live and up close when he played for the Browns ?? I did at Yankee Stadium when he played against the Giants...I also saw play Lacrosse at Syracuse against Johns Hopkins and Dartmouth...

I'm old. But, not that old. 

Brown never won Olympic gold in both the pentathlon & decathlon. Nor did Brown play minor league baseball and basketball. Both are pro football hall of famers.  

• Like 1

Muhammad Ali.    Once lost a 15 round split decision fighting with a broken jaw for fourteen rounds.    If you don't think boxing is tough, pound a body bag for three minutes.    Your arms will fell like they are ready to fall off and then think about someone punching your during that three minute workout.    My pick for second on this list is Secretariat.

• Like 4

Just now, whiteshoes said:

Muhammad Ali.    Once lost a 15 round split decision fighting with a broken jaw for fourteen rounds.    If you don't think boxing is tough, pound a body bag for three minutes.    Your arms will fell like they are ready to fall off and then think about someone punching your during that three minute workout.    My pick for second on this list is Secretariat.

I like that you considered a horse. Most people dont consider a horse an athlete(not me as I love horse racing) but his win at belmont at 27 1/2 lengths is incredible 

• Like 1

Jim Thorpe  

Jim Brown 

Bo Jackson  - semi-pro basketball so he's in 

Deion Sanders -  Track, so he's in 

Dave Winfield was the only guy to be drafted by 4 pro teams and he did excel at baseball and is in the HOF. 

Mike McCarty and Dave Logan like Winfield, drafted by 3 different pro sports teams  

Herschel Walker only gets in because of his bobsled participation :)  

Bud Grant -  NBA and NFL and CFL, played basketball at the Univ. of Minn. 

Charlie Ward - Heisman,  NBA point guard, MLB draft  

Chuck Connors - NBA and MLB, drafted by the Bears 

Wilt was pretty good in track (scholie offered I believe) and was also a talented volleyball player  (semi-pro)

Jackie Robinson - 4 sports in college 

With that said, the winner is...

• Haha 2