BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal

The Stache

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Jesus says "you don't have to suffer!"

...blockhead813 hanging on my every word and following me around is certainly amusing though. I'm in the Strawberry Pontoon thread now, blockhead813!

The Plant City strawberry festival started 40 years before the Pontoon one!! There is only one true Strawberry festival. The granddaddy of them all! Plant City!!

• Thanks 1

Here we go! For a guy that claims the media is nothing but a bunch of liars on the other side of the board, he sure loves the media when it fits his narrative! Blatant lies in those tweets. I was on the sidelines for the entire game. President instructed all MD employees not to speak to the media due to pending litigation. Not really hard to understand. Laurie would never “hand check” fr. (she is still a department chair at MD🤣) A silly lie. Like redzone touring office spaces with the mayor of Nola. Life is good at MD, Rollo is expecting the best freshman class ever this next year. Rock n roll haters. Keep swimming.

8F2AEC10-20C2-491F-8E7E-FC2856DEE48F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

At this point it is MD against the world. Why should we speak to anybody? Perhaps we would if the TV coverage at halftime is nothing more than blasting MD based on allegations from one side. 

Last night was a great night to be a Monarch. 3rd Heisman, State Champions, wrapping up a MNC, both basketball teams won tournament championship games.
\|/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ararar said:
one-sid·ed
/ˈwən ˈˌsīdid/

adjective
  1. unfairly giving or dealing with only one side of a contentious issue or question; biased or partial.
    "the press was accused of being one-sided, of not giving a balanced picture"

That tends to happen when only one side is talking. The press don't like to be shut out so they get butt hurt and go after you. It's what they do

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

That tends to happen when only one side is talking. The press don't like to be shut out so they get butt hurt and go after you. It's what they do

They already asked Rollo about it weeks ago. he said he wasn't going to make any comment as there is pending litigation.  That is standard operating procedure for anyone in any lawsuit.  you don't talk about it.  has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.  

OC Register press know this.  But, they still say "Wow, they won't comment there must be something they are hiding"

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MCJoeSpeed said:

They already asked Rollo about it weeks ago. he said he wasn't going to make any comment as there is pending litigation.  That is standard operating procedure for anyone in any lawsuit.  you don't talk about it.  has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.  

OC Register press know this.  But, they still say "Wow, they won't comment there must be something they are hiding"

Believe me I know how the press weasels operate. Can't stand them myself bunch of jock hating twats... nor do they care who they have to hurt to get the scoop and their 15 minutes of fame.. scumbags all of em

Reporting on a story and charges filed is one thing, presenting evidence is another and they cross that line all the time with the old "unnamed sources" bullshit. The only persons presenting evidence should be the lawyers in court..eh anyway fuck the press

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I get that reporters want to get their 15 minutes. What makes me sad is that what these kids accomplished on the field last night is an afterthought. I feel bad for these kids and coaches that worked for the championship but the game itself is just a sideshow. They deserve much better. 
I for one will not let the circus act diminish what this team just did. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I get that reporters want to get their 15 minutes. What makes me sad is that what these kids accomplished on the field last night is an afterthought. I feel bad for these kids and coaches that worked for the championship but the game itself is just a sideshow. They deserve much better. 

agreed.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Wow this is gonna be a interesting off-season for them. Will see what’s bigger to the president and principle the school reputation or the football team. Fasten your seatbelt folks! 

Won’t be interesting at all.  The incident has already been written off as a one on one battle between two players, outside any control of the football program or the administration.  Hopefully player 1, makes a full recovery and eventually views it as a learning opportunity.  Maybe other potential “player 1’s” will eschew foolish pride and focus on football, rather than step out into an island and put themselves in harms way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Wow this is gonna be a interesting off-season for them. Will see what’s bigger to the president and principle the school reputation or the football team. Fasten your seatbelt folks! 

Contrary to the media and the court of public opinion, these are not mutually exclusive at Mater Dei.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, Bodysurf said:

He played Spring football in 2021 at a different school, even with his 'traumatic brain injury'.

Im guessing it was a concussion which is a brain injury and can cause lifelong problems which is exactly what they said Idky you and a few others on here are playing dumb about what an concussion is.

6 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

They didn't accomplish anything but caping of another season if cheating/recruiting to win. I believe they call those mickey mouse championships now.

• Haha 2

If MD settles this out of court, prior to any testimony, this will still be damaging to MD’s reputation, because we won’t know the true story and the media will hang onto this, and assume MD had much to hide.  To me, this situation has been more about the allegations of what did or did not occur immediately after the fight, not the fight itself. If MD Administration, coaches, and trainers, did not immediately treat Player One’s injuries or call for medical help, notify his parents, refused to speak with police, etc… that is shameful and MD would deserve any and all criticism. If MD did handle that situation professionally, they should make it public and prove it, and move on. 

• Like 1