Easy to see why the PAC 10 went out. Spring game attendance.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Testaverde had a motorcycle wreck before the game Miami out gained Penn State 445 to 162. Miami had 7 turnovers. Jimmy Johnson said he should have just run the ball. Penn State had just 8 first downs.

Along with Alabama 2016 2 best teams not to win a title.

Sucks to be them. 7 turnovers or not they couldn’t stop Tennessee’s rushing attack. Backup QB beat them as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Plus I'm talking spring games you clueless swamp hick.

People out here couldn’t care less about a Spring game. It’s always been that way. Even when Pete Carroll had the Trojans rolling, nobody came to the Spring game. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I have lived In Cali all my life and I absolutely love sports…. But there is no way I am going to a spring FB game unless my kid is playing in it…. 🤣

Maybe it’s just a west coast thing?… 🤣🤣

It’s spring in So Cal. Where else In the country can you go surfing in morning and snow skiing in the afternoon and it’s 80-85 degrees outside. Thats what my nephew did last week. Unless you’ve live here you will never understand. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, pied said:

I think the Pacific NW may have some of the best, most passionate sports fans in the country. The atmospheres are hard to beat. Kind of goes against the stereotype imo.  

Its April, Masters weekend, baseball just started and NBA final weekend of the regular season.

Honestly I don’t think most sports fans even realize or really care about a college spring football game. Way to many other sports going on to notice IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Well, it is no secret that college football is not very important in Seattle.

You obviously don't live here.....but a more accurate statement would have been "Well, its no secret that the spring game is not very important in Seattle".  When the sun finally comes out, people would rather do other things than watch a glorified scrimmage.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The nicest beaches in the country are 4 hours from me in Destin Florida. 

hooveroutlaw wasn't at the nicest beaches in the country that are 4 hours away OR the Alabama spring game.

He was here typing >

"Alabama is great. Alabama,  Washington has done nothing, Husky Stadium sucks, Pac-12 folded because of poor spring game attendance, Alabama is great, Alabama, loudest game ever was when Alabama played Alabama in 1999, I was there, Alabama, Alabama"

Screenshot_20240415-041746-494.png

9 hours ago, pied said:

I think the Pacific NW may have some of the best, most passionate sports fans in the country. The atmospheres are hard to beat. Kind of goes against the stereotype imo.  

Seahawks 12’s fans (The 12’s/12th man) label is pretty cool.   They sure seem to dig football “seasonally” in the area.  :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Why did supersonics leave then?

Because they didn’t want to use public funds to build a new arena and nor should they…. 

Seattle has been just fine without an NBA team and they don’t have to be held hostage by a greedy owner who threatens to move the team if the public doesn’t fund a new Arena for them whenever they tire of the current one….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Arena didn't have luxury boxes and the city didn't want to fund a replacement.  Team was sold to an OKC businessman who said he'd keep the team in Seattle,  but we know how that turned out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pied said:

Arena didn't have luxury boxes and the city didn't want to fund a replacement.  Team was sold to an OKC businessman who said he'd keep the team in Seattle,  but we know how that turned out.

Seattle would now be an ideal city for NBA franchise . They have the wealth and demographics to  flourish there.  Seattle has long been a basketball area .  

3 hours ago, pied said:

I was just thinking if Seattle was such a great sports town they would have had the support for the supersonics. 

36 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I was just thinking if Seattle was such a great sports town they would have had the support for the supersonics. 

I was just thinking you're a complete moron..

Seattle has NFL MLB and NHL teams.

Seattle supported the NBA SuperSonics for 41 years....1967-2008.

To my understanding they just could not get together on public funding for a new $500 million NBA basketball complex..... so the team was moved to Oklahoma City. 

When the NBA expands and they will soon Seattle and Las Vegas are the two main names popping up. I would assume basketball will be back in Seattle.

Do you actually ever learn anything here from getting schooled so much?... That's the important question.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

2023 Washington 200-500. Washington was returning one of the best teams in school history. 

2024 Alabama after losing best coach in history. 72,000.

Easy to see why the SEC is the #1 conference. 

Are we talking about practice?  Practice? 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

It’s spring in So Cal. Where else In the country can you go surfing in morning and snow skiing in the afternoon and it’s 80-85 degrees outside. Thats what my nephew did last week. Unless you’ve live here you will never understand. 

Ha I didn't even realize spring football games were played until I read this thread. LOL. 

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Schultz sold and the new guy wanted out so he tanked the team, which led to attendance dropping.  Then he wanted a new arena just a few years after the old one had just been renovated and the city did not want to pay for another new one since Safeco and Seahawks stadiums had just been funded.  Plus the local politicians were the same morons who are in power today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

To my understanding they just could not get together on public funding for a new $500 million NBA basketball complex..... so the team was moved to Oklahoma City. 

When the NBA expands and they will soon Seattle and Las Vegas are the two main names popping up. I would assume basketball will be back in Seattle.

Do you actually ever learn anything here from getting schooled so much?... That's the important question.

I guess they spent that money on homeless people and letting criminals out of jail.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Coming from a racist who thought he was going to talk to the New Orleans mayor about a center and foundation for Catholic football league.

• Haha 1