Some California news

Ararar

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Well this thread went to shit.

This is why I've barely checked this forum for weeks or post much anymore. Sadly, this forum just isn't the same. It's filled with trolls and the same morons arguing back and forth. The mods don't give a shit about quality posts anymore. When was the last time prep even posted on this site? There used to be checks and balances but now it's just gone to shit. 

I'll check back in the new year. 

Hoping 2020 brings this site back to it's glory days. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

This is why I've barely checked this forum for weeks or post much anymore. Sadly, this forum just isn't the same. It's filled with trolls and the same morons arguing back and forth. The mods don't give a shit about quality posts anymore. When was the last time prep even posted on this site? There used to be checks and balances but now it's just gone to shit. 

I'll check back in the new year. 

Hoping 2020 brings this site back to it's glory days. 

Hopefully you actually attend a Folsom game for once and stop claiming to be a "fan."

:) 

On 12/9/2019 at 6:13 AM, Bodysurf said:

At one time MD starting quarterback Jason Forcier lived in San Diego county before transferring to St. Augustine for his senior year.

MD seems, keyword seems, to be the main private school in Southern California that lures students, athletes, from long drives, commutes, I don't ever recall Servite, Santa Margarita, Orange Lutheran, Bosco, ever getting students that make long drives or commutes like that.

I sometimes wonder how Forcier would have done if he stayed at MD for his senior year, I remember the senior class at MD was loaded for the 2004 season.

On 12/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, Ararar said:

This is what the CCS has done for years, but this year I think it finally found the correct format.  It sounds like the SS is going to do something very similar.  All of the playoff divisions ended up being very balanced.

The CCS and SS are the only sections with a large number of powerful private school.  Their issues are different than with what the CS or SJS has to deal.

• Like 2

I think this is an interesting playoff idea. If it was in place this year I think we definitely would've saw CDM in D1. Going forward I don't think they have addressed there main issue of MD and Bosco being so dominate to everyone else in D1. When the average MOV for both semifinal games is over 30 its just not a good look. I think I heard the on the telecast the other night Bosco has 30+ D1 kids that's insane! How the hell is a public HS gonna beat them ever lol. I don't care what anyone says Cen10 and Mission Viejo have never had that many D1 kids ever!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

I think this is an interesting playoff idea. If it was in place this year I think we definitely would've saw CDM in D1. Going forward I don't think they have addressed there main issue of MD and Bosco being so dominate to everyone else in D1. When the average MOV for both semifinal games is over 30 its just not a good look. I think I heard the on the telecast the other night Bosco has 30+ D1 kids that's insane! How the hell is a public HS gonna beat them ever lol. I don't care what anyone says Cen10 and Mission Viejo have never had that many D1 kids ever!

The NCS D-I schools have been crying for the section to "fix D-I".  I have no idea how that would even be possible, much like I have no idea how the SS could fix the MD/SJB problem.  The brackets have to filled out somehow.

4 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Easy- make the rules THE SAME everywhere and enforce them. Take away transfers. Make everyone play according to where they live.

Solved. 

7 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Sierra Canyon is gunning to the be the next super team. They have the very deep pockets to pull this off and they're far enough from MD and SJB to allow it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Sierra Canyon is gunning to the be the next super team. They have the very deep pockets to pull this off and they're far enough from MD and SJB to allow it. 

Possibly but I don’t see them being at the MD/Bosco level IMO. They are lucky they barely missed D1 because they would’ve had to play MD/Bosco in the first round and probably would’ve got smoked like others lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Possibly but I don’t see them being at the MD/Bosco level IMO. They are lucky they barely missed D1 because they would’ve had to play MD/Bosco in the first round and probably would’ve got smoked like others lol

The do have a great location in the northwest area of the San Fernando Valley right on the Ventura County border.They will easily be able to draw from both counties 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

True. But weren't they like D9 just about 6-7 years ago?

They're trending way up and again there is no super team for LA/Ventura County Area kids. There's 2 for OC/LB and IE kids but none for LA kids.

They have the most resources outside Jokes. Jokes keeps proving it can't do it. 

Also, look at what the hoops team did once former NBA players living in LA sent their kids there.

You don't think they can do this with sons of former NFL guys in the area? I do. 

• Like 2