Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

True. But weren't they like D9 just about 6-7 years ago?

They're trending way up and again there is no super team for LA/Ventura County Area kids. There's 2 for OC/LB and IE kids but none for LA kids.

They have the most resources outside Jokes. Jokes keeps proving it can't do it. 

Also, look at what the hoops team did once former NBA players living in LA sent their kids there.

You don't think they can do this with sons of former NFL guys in the area? I do. 

To Your Point, Didn't the Reporter Saturday Night Quote the SC Coach saying something like "Being in the D1 Game is fine, but The Open is our Goal" or something like that?.....

If anyone thinks that SC is not looking to unseat MD and SJB they are Crazy.... They have the Resources and Talent Area to compete with those teams...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

If anyone thinks that SC is not looking to unseat MD and SJB they are Crazy.... They have the Resources and Talent Area to compete with those teams...

The myriad factors that combine to provide access to sufficient numbers of D1 level impact caliber players to build teams like MD and SJB are different for north of LA vs south of LA.  Those two schools are ideally positioned to do this both in terms of resources and location, and especially with respect to other private schools that could possibly compete for the same athletes.   While Sierra Canyon may ultimately emerge as the best contender, I don’t see them being able to reach the same level.  If they do, look for MD/SJB to find a way to ratchet it up even further.

Look at what has happened to the Trinity League, now comprised of three distinct tiers just within that six team league and you could argue JSerra is more likely to drop closer to OLU and RSM, than to even keep up with Servite.

North of LA there is a higher concentration of privates competing for an even smaller overall pool of talent. 

Now with the enhanced national exposure and the chance to play for an MNC year in and out, there’s even more good reason for  the highest caliber talent to want to join the winningest teams.  

Cen10 and MV will no doubt continue to try and keep up, but consider that even if Cen10 could muster up a 2015 level squad, they would still be 21point dogs to current MD or SJB.  Same for MV.  

Only boredom, or if one or the other messed up enough to incur significant CIF violations, is likely to change things up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The myriad factors that combine to provide access to sufficient numbers of D1 level impact caliber players to build teams like MD and SJB are different for north of LA vs south of LA.  Those two schools are ideally positioned to do this both in terms of resources and location, and especially with respect to other private schools that could possibly compete for the same athletes.   While Sierra Canyon may ultimately emerge as the best contender, I don’t see them being able to reach the same level.  If they do, look for MD/SJB to find a way to ratchet it up even further.

Look at what has happened to the Trinity League, now comprised of three distinct tiers just within that six team league and you could argue JSerra is more likely to drop closer to OLU and RSM, than to even keep up with Servite.

North of LA there is a higher concentration of privates competing for an even smaller overall pool of talent. 

Now with the enhanced national exposure and the chance to play for an MNC year in and out, there’s even more good reason for  the highest caliber talent to want to join the winningest teams.  

Cen10 and MV will no doubt continue to try and keep up, but consider that even if Cen10 could muster up a 2015 level squad, they would still be 21point dogs to current MD or SJB.  Same for MV.  

Only boredom, or if one or the other messed up enough to incur significant CIF violations, is likely to change things up.

I hear what you are saying, But things will evolve and there is plenty of talent in the North.LA, Ventura county to support another Super-team....

You are 100% correct that MV and Cen10 will not go away, and neither will Servite with TT as their coach... They are right there with Cen10 and MV....

Teams from the OC go up and down and there are only So many Athletes to be had, MV and Servite will eventually take a chunk out of MD and SJB and Cen10 will be Cen10 as long as Logan is there....

But the Biggest Threat to Bosco is Sierra Canyon and as they continue to ratchet up their game they can be Jokes and St Bonnies on Steroids...

People forget how dominate ST Bonnies was until for some wierd reason they fired their great coach....

Will  be interesting to see how it goes, but Sierra Canyon will join the D1 party and they will be a player in The southern Section sooner rather then later....

In my opinion of course...🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Only one Valley team (87' Crespi) has ever won the Pac5 / D-1 title. Not sure why now all of a sudden that will it will happen?    

It was 86 Crespi....🤣🤣

And they Can... ST Bonnies wasn’t in The PAC 5 when they were good... Neither was MV... Both of those schools had teams that could have won the pac 5 but were not in that division...

They were either D2 or D3....

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It was 86 Crespi....🤣🤣

And they Can... ST Bonnies wasn’t in The PAC 5 when they were good... Neither was MV... Both of those schools had teams that could have won the pac 5 but were not in that division...

Yes, but the dynamic has changed considerably.  7 v7 teams, sophisticated in game sideline analysis, independent training centers, highly successful feeder programs....  Not everyone can access all of that, but don’t think for a second that MD/SJB aren’t aware of or at the forefront of that.  Guys like Logan Loya, who was instrumental in SJB’s accomplishments,  are going to have choices to make.  I think more will follow his path.  I don’t blame anyone who wants to go that direction.  Society rewards winners after all.  

At the same time I respect programs like DLS for adhering to principle, but....

27 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It was 86 Crespi....🤣🤣

You’re right 86’! And yes I actually was thinking of the Mack and  Therrien and St. Bonnie’s. But outside CC who has moved up and won it all? Seemed like Notre Dame was always in the hunt for a title in lower divisions. Since they have moved up they might win one playoff game and done. Oaks as mentioned has not exactly gone on a tear since moving up either.

Maybe it can be done. But Sierra Canyon can’t beat the Centrals of the world, not gonna compete for a D-1 SS title.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

You’re right 86’! And yes I actually was thinking of the Mack and  Therrien and St. Bonnie’s. But outside CC who has moved up and won it all? Seemed like Notre Dame was always in the hunt for a title in lower divisions. Since they have moved up they might win one playoff game and done. Oaks as mentioned has not exactly gone on a tear since moving up either.

Maybe it can be done. But Sierra Canyon can’t beat the Centrals of the world, not gonna compete for a D-1 SS title.

I Agree 100%... Those SC Dudes are not their yet but give it 2 or 3 years... The “LeBron Effect” is just getting Started over there!!!....🤣

That HS will be the place to be over the next 4 years!!...🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You naysayers are completely forgetting how good Those 2004-2007 City section Birmingham teams were under Ed Croson.They were every bit as good as Centennial even beating LBP one year

They were very good teams. Taft under Starr has some great teams too. But do you think they would have a chance to beat SJB this year or MD last year. Different level to me.

4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

They were very good teams. Taft under Starr has some great teams too. But do you think they would have a chance to beat SJB this year or MD last year. Different level to me.

Probably right 

I just think they have a chance to build a team capable of beating those two

• Like 1

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

Yes, but the dynamic has changed considerably.  7 v7 teams, sophisticated in game sideline analysis, independent training centers, highly successful feeder programs....  Not everyone can access all of that, but don’t think for a second that MD/SJB aren’t aware of or at the forefront of that.  Guys like Logan Loya, who was instrumental in SJB’s accomplishments,  are going to have choices to make.  I think more will follow his path.  I don’t blame anyone who wants to go that direction.  Society rewards winners after all.  

At the same time I respect programs like DLS for adhering to principle, but....

How come CEN10 doesn't get the OG Ducks kids or at least the majority or best players?  Aren't they in or near Corona?  Seems to me they go to MD. 

Upland’s Justin Flowe, the nation’s top linebacker, picks Oregon over USC
Justin Flowe
Upland linebacker Justin Flowe.
(Shotgun Spratling / Los Angeles Times)

Justin Flowe, the nation’s top linebacker, is sticking to the West Coast, spurning overtures from top college programs across the country. But the Upland High five-star prospect won’t be staying home to play in Los Angeles.

Flowe committed to Oregon on Wednesday during a nationally televised ceremony in the Upland gymnasium, choosing the Ducks over USC, Miami, Clemson and Georgia.

Flowe’s highlights, powerful hits and monster plays, including suplexing a La Habra player earlier this season, have attracted thousands upon thousands of views on YouTube and social media. But Flowe is also the most instinctual linebacker to terrorize Southland offenses since at least Vontaze Burfict was at Corona Centennial.

Greg Biggins, a national recruiting analyst for 247Sports, said Flowe is “a more athletic Burfict, and you can make the argument Flowe is the best linebacker to come out of California since DJ Williams played at De La Salle in the class of 2000.”

“We all know the intangibles,” Upland coach Darryl Thomas said. “He’s physical and he’s strong and he’s fast and violent. He’s really starting to understand the defense and I mean his instincts and his reads are pretty, pretty remarkable.”

Thomas expects Flowe to eventually be an NFL first-round draft pick, but before he gets to chasing NFL quarterbacks, Flowe will team up with fellow five-star recruit Noah Sewell at Oregon as one of the most dynamic linebacker pairings in the nation. The 6-foot-2, 266-pound Sewell, who ran a 4.75-second 40-yard dash, is the No. 2 inside linebacker behind Flowe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

How come CEN10 doesn't get the OG Ducks kids or at least the majority or best players?  Aren't they in or near Corona?  Seems to me they go to MD. 

Because MD has a coach on staff who is very well connected with them and leads them there lol. But yes it would make sense if they ended up going to Cen10 since majority of them are from the IE 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Because MD has a coach on staff who is very well connected with them and leads them there lol. But yes it would make sense if they ended up going to Cen10 since majority of them are from the IE 

How are these kids paying for MD? Not one person has given me a legit explanation of how this is happening. I am sure the school can give out some scholarships and aid, but to ALL these kids? No f'in way!

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

How are these kids paying for MD? Not one person has given me a legit explanation of how this is happening. I am sure the school can give out some scholarships and aid, but to ALL these kids? No f'in way!

A lot of scholarships. They also have where boosters or alumni will “sponsor” a kid. I’ve heard of kids in the Trinity going to school for a few hundred dollars a month. It is what it is and that’s the reason why I think public and privates should be separated. 

6 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

ya, I think JT Daniels had been going to Mater Dei camps since he was in elementary school, also, even before MD and SJB became the monster powerhouses they are now, Centennial was competing and contending for CIF section, state titles, yet it appears their years of success haven't drawn any IE Ducks program kids to their school.

14 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It is what it is and that’s the reason why I think public and privates should be separated. 

This we can agree on.

My only question to you would be- how can MD afford to essentially "sponsor" 70 plus transfers (give or take, depending on year). I don't care who you are...NO HS has boosters and money like that to just throw away. It isn't like college or pro where you get a "return on investment." Those wins and titles don't really generate any legit money. 

7 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

This we can agree on.

My only question to you would be- how can MD afford to essentially "sponsor" 70 plus transfers (give or take, depending on year). I don't care who you are...NO HS has boosters and money like that to just throw away. It isn't like college or pro where you get a "return on investment." Those wins and titles don't really generate any legit money. 

Decades of very successful alumni giving back to there alma mater 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Decades of very successful alumni giving back to there alma mater 

Highly doubtful. And there is ZERO evidence of this. If there is, please feel free to post. 

After all, we all know how "successful" keto @Eddyr2 is :) 

My guess is the typical SoCal response when asked for evidence- troll, names, point finger, divert. 

:)