Some California news

Ararar

11 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I agree with some of your points but don't think they got worse last season. They beat a pretty damn good CC team on an off night, put up over 80 on Central and looked every bit as good as DLS. This season I agree they looked worse as the season went on. They didn't look focused at times. I'm sure it wasn't easy for some of their seniors including Ngata to have a whole new coaching staff this season. That move caught the whole team and administration off guard. Those kids loved Richardson and crew. At the end of the day we have to remember that these are still kids and many are still immature. I know I was at that age. 

Coaching wasn't as good this season and Richardson/Taylor are showing how truly great of coaches they are already having the best season in Sac State history in year 1. My point in my post was simply I don't see the talent levels dropping much in the near future over there. All you have to do is look at their youth programs and all the kids they are still attracting. Sprinkle in some transfers and I can only hope Coach Doherty gets better with time. I don't want to be critical of the new staff in year 1. 

Lastly, I'm fully on board with them scheduling better and have always been. 

Last season they slowly deteriorated from what they were early in season. The turnovers, lack of defense, being in contests with teams that earlier in season  they would have been up by 50 at half.  They were coasting, turning it on late to eventually pull away from inferior teams. Maybe you are so close to the program and couldn't see it as well as someone who isn't. I was a proponent of Folsom early because I could see their defense was much improved from the usual Folsom.. They just weren't the same as they were earlier. This season they went backwards. You would have thought they would have built upon that embarrassing loss to Dela. Instead they got worse.The opposite was true 3 seasons ago when they struggled against Sac. etc, but peaked for playoffs, eventually beating the SD team. Last season's team was much better and expectations were way higher. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Their practices must be more of photo ops than real preparation for games.

What practices did you attend? 

15 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The players and fans seem to buy into all the hoopla and scouts from colleges coming to practices.

There is a reason Alabama and Clemson are coming to practice. If you didn't read into all the trolling on here, you would know Folsom practices are "famous" in the region. They practice harder than most teams play. 

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

There is a reason Alabama and Clemson are coming to practice. If you didn't read into all the trolling on here, you would know Folsom practices are "famous" in the region. They practice harder than most teams play. 

You sound kinda like Trump. Recorded call and proof in the face, double-down and point somewhere else. 

Folsom loses, now might be a good time to zip-it, double down talking about legendary practices...that btw, is what got you where exactly?

B608E892-EE5F-4303-83B1-428D6C897D8C.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frankyjames said:

That reason was called Nagata and now those dudes are gone... So the college coaches are gone with them...

Apparently Folsom doesn’t practice harder then Monterey Trail because they Smoked Folsom...

Folsoms New Coach Couldnt even get “The Most Talented Team In Nor Cal” to a Section Final....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

Damn, I can see all 71 transfers in one photo! :) 

Mater Dei transfers requirements..

1)  Must be a 3-Star or higher prospect.😄

I still would like to know how many of those Football transfers (Ie. Football Prospects) are paying the full Mater Dei school tuition.   My guess is many of them (IF NOT ALL OF THEM) are on some type of Athletic Scholarship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Mater Dei transfers requirements..

1)  Must be a 3-Star or higher prospect.😄

I still would like to know how many of those Football transfers (Ie. Football Prospects) are paying the full Mater Dei school tuition.   My guess is many of them (IF NOT ALL OF THEM) are on some type of Athletic Scholarship.

Requirements for SoCal posters, defending transfers:

1. Deny

2. Deny

3. Deny

4. Deny

5. Point the finger at your school

6. Deny

7. Refute

8. Deny

9. Deny

10. Point the finger at your school

:) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Just keeping sammy "honest". Its impossible for his team to win cif tonight.

We would rather win the game tonight than any SBG.   SBG was not on any list of goals coming into the season.

Unlike NorCal, we have competitive playoffs down South.  Don't need to wait until the SBG to finally play a decent opponent.

• Like 2