Some California news

Ararar

18 hours ago, dntn31 said:

From 2006-2014 the D1/Open Division game was held at the Home Depot Center/StubHub Center/Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, CA (SoCal).

From 2015-2017 it was held at Sacramento State (NorCal).

For 2018-2019 (and possibly 2020) it's held at Cerritos College (SoCal).

It appears that the plan is to alternate between SoCal and NorCal in 3 year chunks moving forward.

Thanks for this info.

This seems kind of blatantly favoring SoCal.  I’m looking at that 6 hr 35 min trip for DLS vs 9 minutes for SJB.  That’s got to suck.

Plus 8 years in SoCal, 3 years in NorCal, and now another 3 years in SoCal.

Who thinks this stuff up?

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, Wosinc said:

Thanks for this info.

This seems kind of blatantly favoring SoCal.  I’m looking at that 6 hr 35 min trip for DLS vs 9 minutes for SJB.  That’s got to suck.

Plus 8 years in SoCal, 3 years in NorCal, and now another 3 years in SoCal.

Who thinks this stuff up?

SoCal people who think 50 degrees is freezing. 

That said... the games I attended at Sac State were freakin' cold, even by NorCal standards.

For a while, all of the state games were in SoCal.  Now, if the big games are in SoCal, the rest are in NorCal and vice/versa.

• Like 1

From Nor Cal.... In D1AA tonight Central Beat Oak Ridge 38-32.... 

Congrats to those dudes from Central who after losing back to back years made it their their First D1AA SBG!!!....

Oak Ridge Played well their QB is Legit!!!... He is a Junior and could be the top QB in Nor Cal next year....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

A damn good team that should be in the SBG and would roll Folsom

Aquinas will be playing Clayton Valley Charter in the D 2AA SBG!!!... They Beat San Juan Hills 24-10!!!....

We will see if Aquinas can handle a “Something, Something Valley” Team... 

Not quite a “Something Something Trail” Team but Dangerous Nonetheless!!!...🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Aquinas will be playing Clayton Valley Charter in the D 2AA SBG!!!... They Beat San Juan Hills 24-10!!!....

We will see if Aquinas can handle a “Something, Something Valley” Team... 

Not quite a “Something Something Trail” Team but Dangerous Nonetheless!!!...🤣🤣🤣

Book it

You can take AquInas to the Bank all day long

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Congrats to those dudes who were Runners up in D1A last year to move up a level and make it in the SBG stage again!!!

So it is Sierra Canyon vs Central Fresno this should be a good Matchup!!!...

Next year Sierra Canyon will be promoted to D1.  I’m surprised how easily Sierra Canyon handled Helix. Equally surprised how close the Oak Ridge Boys played Central.  Should be good.  I’m going with the Uber expensive Canyon team ($34,000 a year tuition and every kid (well their parents) pays every cent I’m sure😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am Taking Something, Something Valley in this one!!!....🤣

My Brother went to CVC so gotta support the “Ugly Eagles” Baby!!!...🤣🤣

Lets Go CVC!!!!

If Aquinas doesn’t fuck up their triple coverage schemes they will be fine 😂. I saw the highlights on KTVU and Jesus way to lose a game.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am Taking Something, Something Valley in this one!!!....🤣

My Brother went to CVC so gotta support the “Ugly Eagles” Baby!!!...🤣🤣

Lets Go CVC!!!!

No, Aquinas is from San Bernardino.   Something has to go right for that city.  Pick Aquinas if you want to be in the winning team!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

No, Aquinas is from San Bernardino.   Something has to go right for that city.  Pick Aquinas if you want to be in the winning team!

Been to San Bernardino. SB might be a slight jump above the Fresno’s, Bakersfield’s and Merced’s of the world, but it’s a short list and not a high jump. Maybe rooting for Aquinas in this one.

CIF STATE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS

DIVISION 1-AA

South: Sierra Canyon 38, La Mesa Helix 20

North: Fresno Central 38, El Dorado Hills Oak Ridge 32

State Championship Bowl: Sierra Canyon (14-1) vs. Fresno Central (14-0), Dec. 13, 8 p.m. at Cerritos College

DIVISION 2-AA

South: Aquinas 24, San Juan Hills 10

North: Concord Clayton Valley 28, Elk Grove 26

ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Bowl: Aquinas (13-2) vs. Concord Clayton Valley (9-5), Dec. 13, 4 p.m. at Cerritos College

DIVISION 3-AA

Friday

South: Oceanside El Camino 34, Temecula Valley 18

North: Santa Rosa Cardinal Newman 42, Los Gatos 7

State Championship Bowl: Oceanside El Camino (9-6) vs. Santa Rosa Cardinal Newman (13-1), Dec. 14, 6 p.m. at host site to be confirmed

DIVISION 4-AA

South: Highland 42, Selma 29

North: Ripon 31, Sutter 14

State Championship Bowl: Highland (12-3) vs. Ripon (13-1), Dec. 14, 6 p.m. at host site to be confirmed

DIVISION 5-AA

South: El Monte 30, San Diego Serra 18

North: Crescent City Del Norte 21, Sunnyvale King’s Academy 14

State Championship Bowl: El Monte (14-0) vs. Crescent City Del Norte (13-1), Dec. 14, 6 p.m. at host site to be confirmed

DIVISION 6-AA

ADVERTISEMENT

South: South Torrance 47, Canoga Park 28

North: Eureka St. Bernard’s 45, Nicolaus East Nicolaus 29

State Championship Bowl: South Torrance (11-4) vs. Eureka St. Bernard’s (11-3), Dec. 14, 6 p.m. at host site to be confirmed

DIVISION 7-AA

South: Gardena 27, San Diego Parker 13

North: San Francisco Lincoln 21, Mariposa County 14

State Championship Bowl: Gardena (11-4) vs. San Francisco Lincoln (11-1), Dec. 14, 6 p.m. at host site to be confirmed

Note: State championship bowl games in Divisions 3-7 will generally be hosted by Northern California schools if those schools applied to host.

9 hours ago, Cossacks said:

If Aquinas doesn’t fuck up their triple coverage schemes they will be fine 😂. I saw the highlights on KTVU and Jesus way to lose a game.

No Kidding Man!!... That was crazy!!!....🤣

CVC living a Charmed life this year being dropped to D2 in the NCS instead of D1 where they should have been...

Glad they made the most of it though, My Brother went there in the 90’s so I am pulling for them!!!....

As a matter of Fact, My Brothers Senior Year they played Tom Brady’s Serra Team and my Brother got a Sack!!!... Of course no one knew who the hell TB was back then but it is a great story now!!!....🤣🤣

Hopefully they get it done and bring one home for Nor Cal and the NCS!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

South Torrance made it?

My older cousin used to play his Jr All-American games at South High in Torrance. Watching his games got me to want to play football as a kid when I was old enough. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. 

Show your support, join them in their quest of their first state title. Make that drive to Eureka.🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, old_e said:

Show your support, join them in their quest of their first state title. Make that drive to Eureka.🤣

That’s a long ass drive. Beautiful redwoods and coast, but they get about 150 days of sun for the year.

But man @imaGoodBoyNow and @ATLien12x would be in heaven with all the green death up there😂 in the ET.

• Haha 2