Some California news

Ararar

12 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei basketball beats Harvard-Westlake 65-46 to advance to the final to play Sierra Canyon. Devin Askew vs Bronny James 

Bronny and Wade are role players on the stacked Sierra Canyon team.

MD needs to be much more worried about Zaire Williams, Boston, Bailey, Frank and the huge Chinese center.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Bronny and Wade are role players on the stacked Sierra Canyon team.

MD needs to be much more worried about Zaire Williams, Boston, Bailey, Frank and the huge Chinese center.

It’s going to be a tough one that SC team is stacked. Interested to see how they defend the center, about a 5-6 inch advantage over Breidenbach & Hornery. Defense has to be lights out to win this one

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, Ararar said:

Manuel Douglas is going from the City Section to the Southern Section. He has been named football coach at Playa del Rey St. Bernard.

Douglas guided Narbonne to eight City Section championships until his resignation earlier this week after a nine-month dispute with the Los Angeles Unified School District that resulted in him being assigned to his home all last season while being prevented from coaching the Gauchos.

It had been rumored for weeks that he’d take over at St. Bernard, and the clear signs were that several top players had transferred to the South Bay campus in anticipation of the announcement that was finally made on Friday.

St. Bernard went 4-6 this past season while competing in Division 13. If Southern Section schools approve a new playoff format next month _ as expected _ the Vikings would be placed in a division based on their 2020 performance. And considering the quality of the transfers arriving, they definitely won’t be Division 13.

This isn’t that surprising. I feel everyone knew about this weeks ago and with the correlation of transfers going there. Can Manny really coach without all the influx of talent? Lol 

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

This isn’t that surprising. I feel everyone knew about this weeks ago and with the correlation of transfers going there. Can Manny really coach without all the influx of talent? Lol 

Anyone can coach without talent 

can you win without it is the question 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thanks for sharing. PGL tried very hard at the last minute to get SFA to replace Amador on 10/30, but the funds just weren’t there. Maybe in 2020. 

What's more likely is that you thought St. Francis was St. Frances.

And then just decided to lie about it in order to save face.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thanks for sharing. PGL tried very hard at the last minute to get SFA to replace Amador on 10/30, but the funds just weren’t there. Maybe in 2020. 

I heard the same thing from several DLS friends the other night that the SFA game fell through due to funds, but I did hear that they are still trying to make it work and AV is OK with not playing if DLS and SFA can make the game work...

I just don't see how it is possible at this point, the people I spoke to said it would be like the Folsom situation a couple years ago when the game was announced late and DLS found AV another opponent... That game was logistically easier especially cost wise, for SFA you have to fly cross country so I just don't see it without a major sponsor like ESPN... 

Plus, DLS is required to play 4 League games so I don't know how the NCS would be OK with them Dropping one... Although they could just replace Folsom with AV... Similar Competition anyway... :) :) :) 

• Haha 2

MD has Cen10 locked in to open the season. Supposed to have something in the works with St. Louis HI & Sierra Canyon. One more OOS game & another in-state out of county game. 

So while we eventually miss out on the hoops state title game thanks to Sierra Canyon, we can stomp them into oblivion on the gridiron.  I like it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MD87 said:

So while we eventually miss out on the hoops state title game thanks to Sierra Canyon, we can stomp them into oblivion on the gridiron.  I like it.

We will show them what it’s like to play with the big boys in the fall. MD basketball is red hot right now, 3 W’s on the road against three teams that have all been in the national top 25 at some point since December. Coach McKnight & Quinn will have the boys ready for SC tonight.

Narbonne High School and its three other schools on campus have been undergoing an exodus of students in recent weeks, and not just from a football program that’s been banned from the City Section playoffs for 2019 and 2020 for rule violations.

The Los Angeles Unified School District, after spending nearly a month processing a public records request by The Times, said 60 students have checked out from Jan. 13 to Feb. 13 from Narbonne, two magnets and the campus-based Humanities and Arts Academy.

Tim Kaub, a former Narbonne football assistant, estimated the number of football players who have left at more than 25.

Narbonne’s administration was changed when the fall semester began. Two staff members were removed after allegations of academic misconduct involving a football player. The school continues to face challenges on and off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

The girls’ basketball team was recently banned from the state playoffs after a parent punched a referee at a City Section playoff game against Crenshaw that saw a fight break out.

The school is searching for a new football coach after the resignation of Manuel Douglas, who guided the team to eight City championships. He’s the new coach at St. Bernard.I’m 

• Sad 1

Revenge all 2020 

Monarchs at Rivals Camp LA 

Three position MVP's - Receiver, Linebacker & Running Back
Five players invited to the Rivals 5 star challenge  - both starting cornerbacks and the three position MVP's will compete at the 5 star challenge later this year. 

• Like 1

Three position MVP's - Receiver, Linebacker & Running Back

Five players invited to the Rivals 5 star challenge  - both starting cornerbacks and the three position MVP's will compete at the 5 star challenge later this year. 

The team is loaded everywhere except the most important position which concerns me.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

With its 2020 schedule being the softest of late, look for MD to roll next season. However, without having any substantial OOS wins vs elites like IMG and SFA like in the past, their MNC hopes could be stifled. 

What is the schedule looking like 👀👀

On 2/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Las Vegas_JC said:

The SoCal version of the honor bowl has three potentially good games. 

The NorCal version of the honor bowl looks like doo doo. 

🤣

There were a couple of really good games in NorCal a couple of years ago, but last year was terrible and this one is not much better.