Some California news

Ararar

On 1/25/2020 at 7:58 AM, SoCalFball said:

So it sounds like Cen10 has reached out to Folsom and they don’t want any of Cen10 and would rather play teams like something something trails 😂9EC62325-0726-4CDC-8C71-7D599DE4192F.thumb.jpeg.803b8b1aa956e2ccea79abb70819e8c8.jpeg

Ok, I know this will draw a lot of ridicule for Folsom, but one question about this that needs to be asked is:

Was this an offer for a home-and-home or just for Folsom to visit Corona?

That matters.

If it was a home-and-home and Folsom declined, flame away.  If not, then I think it could be understood.  (Yes, I know what Pitt did and I know what Folsom did in games against Cathedral Catholic and Chaminade... doesn't change my mind.)

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Weirdo. I hope all of the Folsom kids stay healthy, and make the most out of their 4 years 👍 No need to hate on kids. 

Funny- The SoCal posters will hate on public school kids for moving into a district to attend school. All while, they themselves, actively recruit 40 plus players from out of the area. 

Yet, they will turn around and say "no need to hate" when called out.

Saying JT Daniels is overrated is a completely true statement. And he is an adult. 

Weird dude. 

10 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Ok, I know this will draw a lot of ridicule for Folsom, but one question about this that needs to be asked is:

Was this an offer for a home-and-home or just for Folsom to visit Corona?

That matters.

If it was a home-and-home and Folsom declined, flame away.  If not, then I think it could be understood.  (Yes, I know what Pitt did and I know what Folsom did in games against Cathedral Catholic and Chaminade... doesn't change my mind.)

Cen10 offered ONE game. They said NO TRAVEL outside of SoCal (despite offering travel, via Twitter post).

Folsom took the offer for week 2, AT FOLSOM. Cen10 declined, and then turned it around with a "Norcal" excuse.

Bottom line is that Cen10 does not want to play outside of SoCal. Doesn't matter who it is. 

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

1. Cen10 offered ONE game. They said NO TRAVEL outside of SoCal (despite offering travel, via Twitter post).

2. Folsom took the offer for week 2, AT FOLSOM. Cen10 declined, and then turned it around with a "Norcal" excuse.

Bottom line is that Cen10 does not want to play outside of SoCal. Doesn't matter who it is. 

1. Lies no game was ever discussed and I know that for a fact 

2. Can’t take an offer that was never offered 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

ok dumb f*** actually discuss a game means who will be home or away travel consideration etc it never even got that far for your information either way I'm putting your ass on mute 

Are you a complete idiot? The tweet they sent out, states they talked about that.

Cen10 didn't want to travel. End of story.

Weird dude. 

Rather then waste time Discussing how Irrelevant Folsom is Spending another Year Ducking So Cal's Top teams who other top Nor Cal teams have traveled to and played, lets talk about a Real Team like DLS....

According to a Very Solid Poster on the Nor Cal Board, DLS will be Playing in TX week 1 and SFA On the Road In Maryland week 9.... Both Games will be on ESPN...

This Same poster correctly posted that Coach E from DLS would be Stepping down as D Coordinator a Week or so ago before it was just recently announced at the DLS Banquet... 

The Games have not been announced yet because the contracts are not Finalized, and a poster on the Spartanhood Board said it may be a couple of Months before the "ESPN" games are announced.... A Poster on the Spartanhood Board who was at the Banquet said that DLS would announce 2 ESPN Away Games as soon as the contracts were finalized.... The Posters on the Spartanhood Board did not Identify either of the Opponents....

The only Bummer is I wish one of those was a Home Game so I could Go!!... :) 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 1:15 PM, THEOC89 said:

Rather then waste time Discussing how Irrelevant Folsom is Spending another Year Ducking So Cal's Top teams who other top Nor Cal teams have traveled to and played, lets talk about a Real Team like DLS....

According to a Very Solid Poster on the Nor Cal Board, DLS will be Playing in TX week 1 and SFA On the Road In Maryland week 9.... Both Games will be on ESPN...

This Same poster correctly posted that Coach E from DLS would be Stepping down as D Coordinator a Week or so ago before it was just recently announced at the DLS Banquet... 

The Games have not been announced yet because the contracts are not Finalized, and a poster on the Spartanhood Board said it may be a couple of Months before the "ESPN" games are announced.... A Poster on the Spartanhood Board who was at the Banquet said that DLS would announce 2 ESPN Away Games as soon as the contracts were finalized.... The Posters on the Spartanhood Board did not Identify either of the Opponents....

Wow, DLS never shies away from playing the top teams in the country.  Hopefully these games come through and I too wish at least 1 was at home.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJB is close to inking a deal to host a Top Illinois program on 9/11/20. #PGL 

So SJB opting for another “Lower Level” OOS Opponent after Declining to play SFA on SJB’s Home Field....

Wake me up when SJB stops Ducking the Nations Top teams and riding MD’s coattails to the MNC conversation....

“We have a hard time Finding teams to play us”.... Total BS.... 

Next time Negro comes on here for a Q&A I hope the first question that is asked is “Why did you decline to play SFA when they offered to play you on your home field?”....

”You guys will play anyone, anywhere right?”....

• Like 5

On 1/29/2020 at 4:15 PM, THEOC89 said:

Is anyone else surprised that DLS would schedule SFA?  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 1:15 PM, THEOC89 said:

You got to be kidding me with the SFA game . Last year ,  only a team of the magnitude of MD could handle a monster like that. Is Dela getting some beef on the lines that we haven't heard about ?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You got to be kidding me with the SFA game . Last year ,  only a team of the magnitude of MD could handle a monster like that. Is Dela getting some beef on the lines that we haven't heard about ?

This is exactly what I thought!.... I know their lines will be good but they are Losing 2 their Best and most physical Linemen Varnish and Roe, so I don't know... They will bring a Ton of Speed to the table though...

My guess on this is they feel they need this competition to get ready for The open, but the more I think of it, SFA isn't known to be a passing team, so Maybe DLS Feels like they can be competitive like they were against STA because they can keep the game close with the style of play and pull out the win.... :) 

You never know, That STA game was right there for the Taking for DLS, they just couldn't hit the Big plays that were right there and got a terrible call from the Ref's to Ice the game for STA....

47 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is exactly what I thought!.... I know their lines will be good but they are Losing 2 their Best and most physical Linemen Varnish and Roe, so I don't know... They will bring a Ton of Speed to the table though...

My guess on this is they feel they need this competition to get ready for The open, but the more I think of it, SFA isn't known to be a passing team, so Maybe DLS Feels like they can be competitive like they were against STA because they can keep the game close with the style of play and pull out the win.... :) 

You never know, That STA game was right there for the Taking for DLS, they just couldn't hit the Big plays that were right there and got a terrible call from the Ref's to Ice the game for STA....

I agree with you on STA , but from my angle, SFA was a definite tier above STA.  Dela outplayed STA from what I observed, except for the most important, which is the score board . But SFA looked like Dela could get hurt physically playing against that team . Maybe SFA won't be as good and Dela coaches know that

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

How else are they going to prepare for MD or SHB? Not surprised at all. They also have I think North Shore this year too.

I should have explained better... it's not the talent or makeup of the team that I was surprised about, but the choice of accepting a game with a school of barely 200 students or less and a focal point of athletics is a top priority.   I would also be surprised if DLS scheduled a game with IMG Academy.    

When SJB spent days in SoFL prepping for the STA game a few years back, the STA kids were attending school that week.  Somehow I don't see that same scenario with a SFA type school focus.   If I'm wrong, I gladly accept it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I should have explained better... it's not the talent or makeup of the team that I was surprised about, but the choice of accepting a game with a school of barely 200 students or less and a focal point of athletics is a top priority.   I would also be surprised if DLS scheduled a game with IMG Academy.    

When SJB spent days in SoFL prepping for the STA game a few years back, the STA kids were attending school that week.  Somehow I don't see that same scenario with a SFA type school focus.   If I'm wrong, I gladly accept it.  

SFA is the same as IMG. Kids move in from out of state to live in free apartments provided by the coach, that’s not normal HS. It’s all football. Biff will keep cutting checks until he gets a MNC. 

• Like 2

If you want to see a quarterback run around, create plays when the pocket breaks down and show he can make throws down the field under duress, Brown is a guy to check out. His sophomore tape is fun to watch and he’s going to draw comparisons to a number of sub 6-0 quarterbacks that have shown they can be very productive. 

His escapability and ability to make off platform throws reminds a little of former Texas A&M standout Johnny Manziel. Although just 5-10, 165 pounds, Brown has a live arm and can make a lot of throws you wouldn’t expect a young quarterback to make. - Greg Biggins 

“He actually reminds me a little of Bryce (Young) at the same stage,” noted QB coach Danny Hernandez said. “I love his twitch and ability to throw from different arm slots and angles. His ability to be so sudden is what reminds me of Bryce. The kid loves to work and his best football is ahead of him.”

https://247sports.com/Article/22-QB-Emmett-Brown-is-an-exciting-young-signal-caller--135824624/ 

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6349536/5d7840a77bde070e08d65ca7

Same playing style as Bryce. Will be interesting to see if he can win the job. 

• Like 2