Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

This is all so very disgraceful. And none of it prevented California from having worse case numbers PER CAPITA compared to Florida.

I agree... we should have let the kids play already like all the other states did.... All we did did out here is steal these kids Last year of playing HSFB and stunt their social growth, it’s embarrassing.... 

Texas pulled off a whole season including fans... Are we not Better then TX in Cali???...🤣🤣🍻

• Like 4

Rollinson said Mater Dei would not play a football game while the current state health guidelines are in place. Mater Dei, he said, also would not join any outside-of-CIF league before a CIF season would start. 

The COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions have delayed the start of the 2020-21 high school sports year. 

Rollinson said he has heard talk that Mater Dei and other Trinity League football teams would, as he worded it, “go rogue.” 

“Mater Dei, which is bound by the county health department and Diocese of Orange, is not doing anything without diocesan and administration approval,” Rollinson said. “And I don’t see that (approval) coming with the present status. In my mind, whether it’s Mater Dei or St. John Bosco or whoever, we’re bound by the guidelines of the health departments of our counties.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

I still doubt any HS plays with threat of sanctions against them. Now if they get permission from there local county then obviously there’s a higher chance they actually get onto the field...

Which brings up another question 

if they don’t play at all does every kid now become a free agent since they wouldn’t have played in over a year?

there wouldn’t be any sit out period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Rollinson said Mater Dei would not play a football game while the current state health guidelines are in place. Mater Dei, he said, also would not join any outside-of-CIF league before a CIF season would start. 

The COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions have delayed the start of the 2020-21 high school sports year. 

Rollinson said he has heard talk that Mater Dei and other Trinity League football teams would, as he worded it, “go rogue.” 

“Mater Dei, which is bound by the county health department and Diocese of Orange, is not doing anything without diocesan and administration approval,” Rollinson said. “And I don’t see that (approval) coming with the present status. In my mind, whether it’s Mater Dei or St. John Bosco or whoever, we’re bound by the guidelines of the health departments of our counties.”

It should be mentioned again that Bosco is in a different county- L.A. county. And L.A. county is SIGNIFICANTLY more austere in Covid restrictions and enforcement. Orange County, where most of the league is, wants to get youth sports going again, but is at the mercy of Lords Newsom and Ghaly. Still, it is conceivable-perhaps likely- that every team in the Trinity League EXCEPT Bosco will be cleared to play.

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

Which brings up another question 

if they don’t play at all does every kid now become a free agent since they wouldn’t have played in over a year?

there wouldn’t be any sit out period.

That is correct and Wigod said that yesterday. There would basically be no sit out period which would really make it a transfer frenzy lol

Just got a text that Elias ricks will enter the transfer portal and is likely end up at USC/Ohio St. USC will also get a commitment from MD CB Domani Jackson on January 23rd. The #1 cornerback in the class of 2022. *However*, the best cb coach/recruiter on the west coast (& the reason USC will land these guys if he stays) Donte Williams is in the running to be the DC at the University of Washington after their DC left to be on Sark’s staff at Texas. These next couple of weeks will either be tremendous or tragic for the Trojans secondary going forward. SC has to keep Donte on the staff to land both 5* corners. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

On 1/19/2021 at 1:26 PM, Bodysurf said:

Nothing will happen to those schools. If CIF did something it would unleash a firestorm of litigation they likely want no part of.

Yep, we both called it.

P.S. The four schools were: Calvary Chapel, Capistrano Valley Christian, Valley Christian of Cerritos and Desert Christian Academy of Bermuda Dunes.

• Thanks 2

On 1/20/2021 at 3:41 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Just got a text that Elias ricks will enter the transfer portal and is likely end up at USC/Ohio St. USC will also get a commitment from MD CB Domani Jackson on January 23rd. The #1 cornerback in the class of 2022. *However*, the best cb coach/recruiter on the west coast (& the reason USC will land these guys if he stays) Donte Williams is in the running to be the DC at the University of Washington after their DC left to be on Sark’s staff at Texas. These next couple of weeks will either be tremendous or tragic for the Trojans secondary going forward. SC has to keep Donte on the staff to land both 5* corners. 

EC8D10B3-CDF0-4EC3-854D-352ADF534D92.jpeg

Nobody has been better to the Trojans than the Monarchs ✌️

• Like 4

On 1/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Back in the day...Block had an account, that i blocked, where he pretended to be elias' dad...C9074698-18C5-438E-8295-E045A8E5613E.thumb.jpeg.2f629ce8e81044b87ff5cf6fae326c67.jpeg what a goof...

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Back in the day...Block had an account, that i blocked, where he pretended to be elias' dad...

Lol. You can’t make this shit up. What a total tool. I give Block credit for bringing entertainment to this board. I miss hearing about Folsom and his outrage that MD players had a 45 minute drive to school. Oh yeah and how much the SoCal fans suck.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Lol. You can’t make this shit up. What a total tool. I give Block credit for bringing entertainment to this board. I miss hearing about Folsom and his outrage that MD players had a 45 minute drive to school. Oh yeah and how much the SoCal fans suck.

Especially when Folsom had as many or more transfers than MD...including out-state-transfers. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1