Some California news

Ararar

9 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Like hell it didn't.  (And where have you seen any "criteria listed" by either of those publications?  Please post them.)  If Poly - which was also undefeated, ranked #2 going into the game, and with a better SOS than DLS due to the SS playoffs - had beaten MD by 2-3 TDs, you sure as hell better believe Poly would've finished #1.  Fifteen dudes from DLS traveled to SoCal for the game.  To cheer on LBP, undoubtedly. Sure.

Exactly. There is no criteria listed so that’s a humongous guess that an 8 or 30 point win by LBP jumps them over a team that was already number one and had been wire to wire all year.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD87 said:

@HurricaneNick @Bodysurf @Eddyr2 In town from Charlotte for the next week and a half.  Any of you gents going to Edison next Saturday?

Yes sir. For the morning session at least, tough to stay all day. If you and your boy are up for it I’m sure I can get you in the weight room and locker room before the 7 on or on the day before. 

29 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Exactly. There is no criteria listed so that’s a humongous guess that an 8 or 30 point win by LBP jumps them over a team that was already number one and had been wire to wire all year.  

Apologies for the tone of my last post.  Why would a pollster not place a lot of weight on the results against a common opponent from the same season, particularly when the two teams being weighed were so closely ranked?  That is a pollster's dream, and rarely happens.  And, as mentioned, LBP had a stronger SOS due to the SS playoffs.  I would have been shocked if, taking those criteria into consideration, LBP hadn't taken over #1 with a 2-3 TD win over MD.  As it all shook out, of course, it's all moot, but it's a fun "what if."  Peace...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yes sir. For the morning session at least, tough to stay all day. If you and your boy are up for it I’m sure I can get you in the weight room and locker room before the 7 on or on the day before. 

That's a very generous offer.  Thank you.  I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Apologies for the tone of my last post.  Why would a pollster not place a lot of weight on the results against a common opponent from the same season, particularly when the two teams being weighed were so closely ranked?  That is a pollster's dream, and rarely happens.  And, as mentioned, LBP had a stronger SOS due to the SS playoffs.  I would have been shocked if, taking those criteria into consideration, LBP hadn't taken over #1 with a 2-3 TD win over MD.  As it all shook out, of course, it's all moot, but it's a fun "what if."  Peace...

No need to apologize at all man it’s all good No one’s trying to change facts, omit facts or take creative liberties (aka Ga96’ing)😂.

Good spirited debates. Yes taking into account a common opponent should play into things to some degree, but I am not a fan of using comparative scores at all

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MD87 said:

@HurricaneNick @Bodysurf @Eddyr2 In town from Charlotte for the next week and a half.  Any of you gents going to Edison next Saturday?

Not going to make it. @HurricaneNick Do we know whether Jurrion Dickey has enrolled and is expected to play? I’m interested in seeing him as well as incoming frosh WR Jonah Smith. If I’m coach I get some plays drawn up for Spencer Shannon in the Red Zone. I hope to see Cole Leinert getting reps too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BB bos said:

Caleb is the up and coming QB...He was the QB that won the Long Beach 7 on 7.

Clarkson only played the 3-4 1st game series then sat out the rest of the day.

But Caleb is class of 2023 so he won’t be around after Clarkson graduates. That was my point…. It’s nice to be able to get the heir apparent reps this coming season. How can Caleb be the ‘up and coming’ if he is class of 2023 playing behind Clarkson?

8 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Not going to make it. @HurricaneNick Do we know whether Jurrion Dickey has enrolled and is expected to play? I’m interested in seeing him as well as incoming frosh WR Jonah Smith. If I’m coach I get some plays drawn up for Spencer Shannon in the Red Zone. I hope to see Cole Leinert getting reps too.

He has applied, has not enrolled. I was told he’s moved/moving to Orange County last week. Summer camp is almost over so it’s looking like he’ll have to start at fall camp.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

But Caleb is class of 2023 so he won’t be around after Clarkson graduates. That was my point…. It’s nice to be able to get the heir apparent reps this coming season. How can Caleb be the ‘up and coming’ if he is class of 2023 playing behind Clarkson?

The info is incorrect Caleb was only a soph this past season will be a Jr

Caleb only got about 4 series today scored on two stopped  at the goal line on the other two.   they played 4  Qb's throughout the day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Champs. MD still undefeated at Panish. 

Jonah smith had a day. Another incoming freshman Kayden Dixon-Wyatt 6’3 180 looks like he’ll be pretty good too. Frame like Elias Ricks. Has offers from Georgia tech and FAU. 

What I tell you I have MD winning the trinity don't believe that transfer hype we have alot but only 4-5 will start everyone else returns so it's alot of transfers coming to gorman to sit the bench Bosco they coming to play asap that effects the team and no one will be on the same page and we had a BIG INJURY thank God we had a backup and is Carlsbad usually good in the season or 7v7 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Antt said:

What I tell you I have MD winning the trinity don't believe that transfer hype we have alot but only 4-5 will start everyone else returns so it's alot of transfers coming to gorman to sit the bench Bosco they coming to play asap that effects the team and no one will be on the same page and we had a BIG INJURY thank God we had a backup and is Carlsbad usually good in the season or 7v7 

Bosco did bring in a ton of senior talent this year it’ll be interesting to see how they mesh. The talent is definitely there. Carlsbad went 11-1 last year and has the #1 ranked QB in California for the class of 2024. Elijah beat him twice today. They’re probably a top 30-40 team in California during the season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Antt said:

Carlsbad usually good in the season or 7v7 

They are extremely long at the WR's and Te's all 4 above 6ft

Don't know what the size of their lines are, but strength and conditioning  was on fleek those boy's were all jacked.

16 minutes ago, BB bos said:

Don't know what the size of their lines are, but strength and conditioning  was on fleek those boy's were all jacked.

How Clarkson looked 

9 hours ago, BB bos said:

Carlsbad also has a 5* 2024 QB with offers from Bama and others….I can’t remember his name….🤣