USA acedmy Update 🍿

imaGoodBoyNow

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I'm ok with kids repeating a grade prior to high school.  But playing 5 years of high school sports is a huge advantage and a dangerous one.  Alll I know if I had a second senior season, I would have gotten way more offers in baseball. Lol

Seriously,  I graduated when I was 17 and a few months. Another year plus in age would’ve been crazy. I had D1 offers football and baseball as young 17 year old. I was  serving my first tour in Middle East before 19! 

• Like 3

Just now, NorCalRuss said:

Seriously,  I graduated when I was 17 and a few months. Another year plus in age would’ve been crazy. I had D1 offers football and baseball as young 17 year old. I was  serving my first tour in Middle East before 19! 

I wish I had offers for football.  But baseball was my thing.  Did you end up accepting an offer before going the military route?

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

I wish I had offers for football.  But baseball was my thing.  Did you end up accepting an offer before going the military route?

Negative, Fresno state wanted me to redshirt in football and baseball. This was early 90s when they were good at both. Ended up joining service because my gf was pregnant and I had no way of supporting her or a child. If only we could go back and make different choices.... She ended up losing baby after I joined but I wouldn’t change anything, did it for right reason... lot of Al Bundy moments now

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Negative, Fresno state wanted me to redshirt in football and baseball. This was early 90s when they were good at both. Ended up joining service because my gf was pregnant and I had no way of supporting her or a child. If only we could go back and make different choices.... She ended up losing baby after I joined but I wouldn’t change anything, did it for right reason... lot of Al Bundy moments now

Al Bundy?  haha.  Sounds like we are about the same age.  I remember Fresno st being badass in both sports.  Especially baseball.  Even Fresno City College was hella legit and still are.  When I was married we lost a pregnancy as well. Not a fun thing to go through so I feel ya there.  One of my best friends was in a similar situation minus the scholly offers and pregnancy. lol.  He joined the navy out of high school so that he could be able to bring his gf along who was a year younger in high school.  Long story short, after he left she started messing around with a bunch of guys and never had any intention of going with him.  She talked him into it so that she could get away from him. lol Like you said If only we could go back.  She was super hot though and one serious sexual freak. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So another reclass.  When do we get to see a non-reclass?

I was actually coming here to see if I was reading that right on Twitter. So this kid who just played his Sr season. Is literally going to play another SR season at this new academy school ? Lol wtf. This is kinda sad. Kid has no offers so decides he will play another year of HS football. Smh.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Our guy GSB did a Podcast with USA Football!!

8E821D32-C144-4458-AD00-590C5F4FB384.jpeg

This idiot host just said "We're tired of being talked about, that we don't want it or have what it takes to do it." When referring to CA.

"I want to play in the national championship but don't want to play Alabama." 

When referring to MD/SJB.  

Academies that visited California and took L's back home. = IMG, SFA 

Can't make a bigger game than MD vs SJB these past few years. We see Alabama twice a year boss.

I'm all in for playing Aquinas, the elites from Texas and from around the country. I think those games are better. Teams with actual fans and traditions. The IMG game was fun and a big one but we don't really care that we "can't" play them again. Last year there were 6 teams better than IMG. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2