USA acedmy Update 🍿

imaGoodBoyNow

6 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Completely untrue.. Most state association won't sanction a game with SFA,,, Not NFHS or MPSSAA members,, actually that goes for all the MIAA teams as well as MIAA is not state or NFHS affiliated.    Most state association require their teams to play state associated teams as well as be NFHS members.. Many associations won't let their teams play in Texas either because they don't play NFHS rules

Most states have rules that read something like this... (mostly states GSB doesnt care bout lol)

J. Competitors.

(1) MPSSAA member schools shall only practice with or play against high school teams that:

(a) Ensure fair competition, athlete safety, and appropriate supervision by a responsible entity; (

b) Maintain athletics as an integral part of the total educational program;

(c) Promote academic progress;

(d) Develop leadership; and

(e) Deter exploitation of students.

(2) High school teams that meet these purposes include high school teams that:

(a) Are members of a state interscholastic association recognized by the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS);

(b) Have been approved to play members of a state interscholastic athletic association recognized by the NFHS;

(c) Are members of an athletic conference that:

(i) Formally adopts the standards of competition as established by the Maryland State Superintendent of Schools as part of its constitution and bylaws; and

(ii) Has enforcement authority; or

(d) Represent a school that verifies compliance with standards of competition as established by the Maryland State Superintendent of Schools.

(3) To verify compliance under §J(2)(d) of this regulation, the administrative head of this school who is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the school shall: (a) Sign the verification provided by the Maryland State Department of Education; and (b) Submit the verification for approval to the State Superintendent of Schools annually before the first practice or athletic competition against an MPSSAA member high school team.

Been there done it all. Played in Texas with no return game. Played St John's and IMG. We have actually played IMG in football, basketball and baseball.  Hoover as a public school has played the toughest non region games in the country for years. Baseball team has been to California. Orange did give us a return game if I remember correctly. Basketball team has been to Alaska. Girls basketball has played all over country and has played dozens of ranked teams. Played St Mary's Cali ranked #1 in all final polls Hoover lost 55-51 and finished 33-1 that year. 

You list it when it comes to playing OOS games we have done it. All sports.

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Kudos to Hoover and Coach Niblett for taking on all comers! Wish more publics had their courage. 

Do you understand why public schools don't want to play these kind of teams ? I don't blame no public school for not doing it. I have to play with kids from my back yard versus playing against a team that can hand pick kids with multiple FBS offers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Do you understand why public schools don't want to play these kind of teams ? I don't blame no public school for not doing it. I have to play with kids from my back yard versus playing against a team that can hand pick kids with multiple FBS offers. 

Why should regular Texas teams have to Play Duncanville and Allen when they hand pick their transfers from free agency in the offseason 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Our problem is nobody in state wants to play Hoover in football or girls basketball.  We were lucky Central Phenix City agreed to play.  We play 7 mandated region games. Which leaves us 3 open dates. Take Grayson those 2 happened because Bob Jones backed out of a 2 game series at the last minute.  Ask GSB for Hoover playing in state games for open dates are tough to schedule. Prattville will not play anybody since there program fell off. Daphne is average now.  People used to talk up Daphne but now they have one state title in the last 17 seasons and it was a 7-6 win over Hoover in 2010 when Hoover missed 3 chip shot fgs and and extra point. Plus had a td with 20 seconds to go not given when the ball clearly was across the goal line. Girls BB played 10 out of state teams.  So we are forced to play the best.  Last year our girls beat Arlington TN by 40 or so then they said we would never play us again. 

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Our problem is nobody in state wants to play Hoover in football or girls basketball.  We were lucky Central Phenix City agreed to play.  We play 7 mandated region games. Which leaves us 3 open dates. Take Grayson those 2 happened because Bob Jones backed out of a 2 game series at the last minute.  Ask GSB for Hoover playing in state games for open dates are tough to schedule. Prattville will not play anybody since there program fell off. Daphne is average now.  People used to talk up Daphne but now they have one state title in the last 17 seasons and it was a 7-6 win over Hoover in 2010 when Hoover missed 3 chip shot fgs and and extra point. Plus had a td with 20 seconds to go not given when the ball clearly was across the goal line. Girls BB played 10 out of state teams.  So we are forced to play the best.  Last year our girls beat Arlington TN by 40 or so then they said we would never play us again. 

Damn that's a tough spot to be in. 

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Also in Alabama only games in your region count for play-offs so these OOS games have zero effect on play-off seeding.. Again many states use a point system and all games count. Higher classified teams are penalized in points for playing lower classified teams it also has nothing to do with how good a team is just enrollment.. 

A Maryland 4A public would be idiots to schedule IMG not only would they lose but IMG would count as a 1A school by enrollment and they would get hammered by the point system for playing them.. This is the case in many states... 

If you have a 3 way tie in the playoffs they will figure in your non region games. Hoover was in this once their non region games gave them the tie breaker and home field because Vestavia had played several lower class teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Commendable for Hoover but those teams mentioned ( St Johns and IMG) are members of their states association and NFHS members..  St Johns (WCAC are members of the DC public association and NFHS members through that association, IMG are members of FHSAA and NFHS through them) Hoover would not be permitted to play SFA though because SFA is neither a member of the state association nor NFHS

AHSAA rules

http://www.ahsaa.com/Portals/0/Publications/2018-19/Handbook for Website.pdf?ver=2018-11-02-151624-750

RULE III - Contests SECTION 1.

CONTEST RESTRICTIONS.

An AHSAA member school may not play a contest (includes scrimmages) against a non-member school or against a school under suspension. Violations of these rules shall be sufficient grounds for suspension. Note: Any out-of-state opponent must be a member of its state high school athletic association and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).

Good point. 

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

If they were of not a HS age it’d be different. 

still don’t want my 14 yr old lining up against a 19 year old and can’t find anyone else who thinks it’s ok either. 

hell, even GSB in all of his infinite wisdom couldn't stammer a response. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

If they were of not a HS age it’d be different. 

still don’t want my 14 yr old lining up against a 19 year old and can’t find anyone else who thinks it’s ok either. 

hell, even GSB in all of his infinite wisdom couldn't stammer a response. 

But my only argument to that. Those academies and private schools recruit players to a level a public just can't. Now I don't know all the transfer or recruiting rules for public schools outside of my state and Hoover is a big boy that can protect them self but most public schools can't. But maybe to your point those schools probably are not calling out those kind of public schools that can't.

16 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Last year our girls beat Arlington TN by 40 or so then they said we would never play us again. 

That was an impressive beat down of a top ranked TN team (71-31). Arlington isn’t too shabby. Riverdale has been TN’s flagship team the last 5 to 10 years. That’s who Hoover should’ve played. Riverdale wasn’t as strong as Hoover last year (they only beat Arlington by 20, then again in the state quarter-finals by 17 before falling to Houston in the semi-finals). They also got stomped by Bishop McNamara by 41 points in the Myrtle Beach championship. It was a horrible game on their part that just got out of hand. I have a feeling the same thing happened to Arlington with Hoover. Not saying Arlington should’ve beaten Hoover, but they should’ve played them a little tougher than that. 🙄

23 hours ago, Gametyme said:

So you're saying there are zero transfers in tejas?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That was a PGL game. Middletown’s HC reached out to us and inquired about testing his team vs IMG. As always, we fulfilled his request within days. Despite the outcome, that trip to FL is something those boys will never forget. In the long, run memories trump wins. 

🤔...the memory of a possible state title vs. the memory of a humiliating ass kicking that robbed you of the possibility of that state title...🤔 

But at least they got to travel to exotic Florida, a once-in-a-lifetime destination!

I am sure if the kids were polled a few years down the line I know which one they’d choose.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Don’t forget Milton, LCA, CAI, CG, DFB, Marietta, CBR, etc. Scheduling is a mindset. Worth trumps wins. 

Half true.  There’s a balance to be had.  Bergen gained nothing for example going to Mater Dei just get humiliated on national tv.  Those kids can go on a vacation to California or Florida or wherever any time.  The “memory” of that humiliation is not worth anything.

• Haha 1