High School Football's Most Hostile Environments

Reb72

The list is incorrect I believe they went off of history because Valdosta shouldn't be on the list currently and Georgia should have multiple teams on the list Lowndes being #1. Colquitt and Parkview should also be listed or at least near these teams.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

The list is incorrect I believe they went off of history because Valdosta shouldn't be on the list currently and Georgia should have multiple teams on the list Lowndes being #1. Colquitt and Parkview should also be listed or at least near these teams.

They need to experience the HAWG POUND(😵) at Colquitt's HOG PEN once, for a big game atmosphere! And they won't need to axe anymore questions about HOSTILE! About 1500 of my closet friends and ME, are perched behind the OPPONENT'S bench!🤗

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reb72 said:

hsstadiums.jpg

Hostile would be stands right up to the field (w/ no 8-lane track) and a crazy energized student section.  Some of these are really comfortable stadiums to be in, lol.

Woody High and Easton High both in PA would be good examples of "hostile".  Both have CRAZY-ASS student student section and home bleachers right on top of the field.  But a few WPIAL stadiums could be considered "hostile" and fun to watch games.  The WPIAL area (old school Pitt) has some killer stadiums.

Aliquippa (one of my all time favs)

The Pit, Aliquippa | Soccer field, Hometown, Dolores park

Belle Vernon PA

20180907scBVAvsTJ-31-6-1538661807.jpg

North Hills

martorelli-youtube-1533659340-1734.jpg

Woody

image.jpeg.28c883bf685a7f47ca12502bbe28b0df.jpeg

WHHS Football

Easton

BMLRL4RVKJDYPD3J2LJ7BG2FBY.JPG

I’ve been in seven of these.  Probably woii up Ltd have either Elder’s  Pit or Massillon among the active stadiums listed.

But there is one that is not listed and must be included:  D. C’s Gonzaga.  It is at least the equal of Elder.  Berwick’s stadium and the old wooden stadium in Wilkes Barre, PA could be included, too.

But Gonzaga is special.

• Like 1

In Georgia I'd say:

Mack Tharpe (Colquitt)

Martin (Lowndes)

Tom Robinson Memorial (North Gwinnett)

Big Orange Jungle (Parkview)

Granite Bowl (Elbert County)

Sonny Hawkins (Milton)

The Brickyard (Thomson)

Memorial Stadium (Ware County)

Northcutt (Marietta)

Bazemore-Hyder (Valdosta)

Pierce County's stadium

Callaway's stadium

That's what I've got for now.

Come on guys.....

Mack Tharpe is a Love Fest.  Nothing intimidating nor hostile about it.  

Except when we play Lowndes, Tift, Camden, Valdosta, Grayson, Brookwood, Warner Robins, Archer, Hoover and them Dastardly Thomasville Bulldogs.

Then it has been known to get a tad...dicey.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Basically if you were a (mostly) has-been public school you got listed.

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

In Georgia I'd say:

Mack Tharpe (Colquitt)

Martin (Lowndes)

Tom Robinson Memorial (North Gwinnett)

Big Orange Jungle (Parkview)

Granite Bowl (Elbert County)

Sonny Hawkins (Milton)

The Brickyard (Thomson)

Memorial Stadium (Ware County)

Northcutt (Marietta)

Bazemore-Hyder (Valdosta)

Pierce County's stadium

Callaway's stadium

That's what I've got for now.

Ware County is very hostile.... 

The Brickyard not so much... 

Not anymore... Thomson needs God to come coach them... 

Theyre about to go down a dark long road... 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't think people know what "hostile" means.....evidently it means big and beautiful.

Some of those stadiums might be "intimidating" at capacity, if you are not used to playing in a large stadium environment, but there's certainly nothing hostile about them.

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Some of those stadiums might be "intimidating" at capacity, if you are not used to playing in a large stadium environment, but there's certainly nothing hostile about them.

I guess the definition of hostile is relative. 

Like, would it require fans to wear bullet proof vests in order to feel safe? That'd be pretty hostile for an environment. 

I think in this instance the meaning would be intimidating to opponents and their fans. Maybe a particular mystique about the place even that gets into the head of the visiting teams. Idk though. Like I said it's probably relative. 

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Welcome to the Jungle of Edna Karr.....

Your team bus may be on blocks when you go home. 😀

There are some really tough neighborhoods that house stadiums in various places. Some requiring metal detectors at the gates and all. I'd say those are pretty intimidating and I'm generally not going to be visiting those. xD

• Haha 1

Just now, Cossacks said:

These list are so stupid. Unless someone has sat in every HS stadium this is just a dart board toss with zero knowledge involved 😂.

I think you could kind of poll high school coaches in each state and ask them where they most hate to visit due to atmosphere or intimidation factors for their players and then compile some list from that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There are some really tough neighborhoods that house stadiums in various places. Some requiring metal detectors at the gates and all. I'd say those are pretty intimidating and I'm generally not going to be visiting those. xD

Hallford Stadium.

Been there twice.

There's only a couple of miles of vertical stairs on the visitor's side.

And metal detectors.  And policemen with German Shepherds.

Great place...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Haha 3