Some California news

Ararar

10 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Is it not a fact that all SoCal section commissioners voted for the change? They must all be Folsom homers :)

Is it not a fact that the executive director who brought forth the vote is a SoCal guy?

Please refute. :)

Those are true, but neither tell the whole story.

The coaches advisory board, led by the guy from Folsom's section, introduced and approved the proposed changes in April 2014.

The executive director does not "bring forth" the proposal, the vote and approval by the Coaches Advisory Board brought it forth.  The director, by procedure, oversees the vote and announces the outcome.  He is a figurehead.

The CIF section commissioners voted unanimously to approve the proposal in the summer of 2014.  For those of you on the short bus, this means AFTER the introduction from the guy from the North.  The vote included the commissioners from the North and the Central, as well as the South.

So saying that it "orginated and was lobbied for in SoCal" is disingenuous at best; utter bullshit at face value.

Let's look at Folsom last 5 losses 

2019 DLS 42-27

2018 DLS  14-0 

2016 Sacramento 32-27 St. Mary's 56- 25

2015 Bellarmine 42-35 

Two losses to DLS that includes a shutout 

Who the hell is Sacramento HS? A team that had a measly CalPreps rating of 28.8 

A 31 point drumming to St. Mary's who ending us losing to Cathedral Catholic  

A loss to Bellarmine who CalPreps considered a "bad loss" 

So lets not act like Folsom is some perfect team. They usually play second or third fiddle to DLS 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

Let's look at Folsom last 5 losses 

2019 DLS 42-27

2018 DLS  14-0 

2016 Sacramento 32-27 St. Mary's 56- 25

2015 Bellarmine 42-35 

Two losses to DLS that includes a shutout 

Who the hell is Sacramento HS? A team that had a measly CalPreps rating of 28.8 

A 31 point drumming to St. Mary's who ending us losing to Cathedral Catholic  

A loss to Bellarmine who CalPreps considered a "bad loss" 

So lets not act like Folsom is some perfect team. They usually play second or third fiddle to DLS 

Cen10 lost to a San Diego team who got BLOWN OUT by another San Diego team.

Folsom is undefeated against the San Diego section over a decade.

Let that sink in :)

I will take 4 losses in a decade, over a loss to a San Diego team who got BLOWN OUT by another SD team :)

7 hours ago, frankyjames said:

I will take 4 losses in a decade, over a loss to a San Diego team who got BLOWN OUT by another SD team

DLS has 5 losses to Norcal teams since 1984.  And I believe that the combined point differential in those losses is still less than Folsoms closest loss to the Spartans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, THEOC89 said:

You Nailed that one!!!....🤣🤣

What would have been awesome would have been sitting next to him in the 4th Quarter when DLS was up 42-14 with the game clinched and see the Look on his face....🤣🤣🤣....

DLS will never lose to Folsom.... Because Folsom’s  players and coaches do not really want to go to the Open to get blasted by 5 TD’s.. They would Rather put D1AA State Champ Patches on their Letterman Jackets Rather then play the Best teams in the State....

That is the culture at Folsom And has been for the last 10 years..... 

“It’s Not Fair That We Have To Beat DLS To Go To A SBG”....🤣🤣🤣

block 8.jpg

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Rippers said:

DLS has 5 losses to Norcal teams since 1984.  And I believe that the combined point differential in those losses is still less than Folsoms closest loss to the Spartans.

What does DLS have to do with the public vs. public debate we are having? Are you lost? 

Cen10 has a lot of ground to make up after an L to a San Diego team this year. :)

It was funny to see all the SoCal guys RIP SD teams for the last 2-3 years. All of a sudden......................crickets about SD teams! Classic! :)

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

What does DLS have to do with the public vs. public debate we are having? Are you lost? 

Cen10 has a lot of ground to make up after an L to a San Diego team this year. :)

It was funny to see all the SoCal guys RIP SD teams for the last 2-3 years. All of a sudden......................crickets about SD teams! Classic! :)

Nothing, and despite what you think, you are not engaging in a private vs. public debate.  You're centered on Folsom vs. San Diego.

My post has to do with you crowing about Folsom's four other losses in a decade while playing only one team of consequence.  And you left out that during that time frame, they are also 0-4 against that one team.

I was demonstrating what sustained dominance means; not "Johnny come lately".

But go ahead, continue to be king of Poop Island.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

You're centered on Folsom vs. San Diego.

Folsom is undefeated. Cen10 is not. Facts. 

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

I was demonstrating what sustained dominance means; not "Johnny come lately".

Sustained dominance for teams that are supposed to be dominant, with no "boundaries" or real rules to play by. Yes, those teams should be dominant. If you can get kids from anywhere, and you don't have any sustained success in sports, there is a real problem. Teams like Folsom should not be dominant, and it upsets people. To include you.

Folsom is the #1 public in CA, while Cen10 plays for a consolation and season sending prize tonight. :)

4 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Sustained dominance for teams that are supposed to be dominant, with no "boundaries" are real rules to play by. Yes, those teams should be dominant. Teams like Folsom should not be dominant, and it upsets people. To include you.

Folsom is the #1 public in CA, while Cen10 plays for a consolation and season sending prize tonight.

Kinda like how Reno is within Folsom's boundary?  And Folsom winning does not bother me at all, I have no beef against Folsom.  I just wish they would challenge themselves a bit more so that people can stop ragging on the quality of Norcal football.  And speaking of playing for consolation, hasn't Folsom written the rule, er, book, on that sort of thing?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Kinda like how Reno is within Folsom's boundary?

Reno is less than 2 hours away. DLS has had kids come from farther than that :) And 1 family of kids that moved into Folsom to attend, really isn't a great argument for what you are trying to portray. Come harder. :) 

And Folsom winning does not bother me at all

Yes, it does. :) Nearly every one of your posts is a response to me or about Folsom. :) 

And speaking of playing for consolation, hasn't Folsom written the rule, er, book, on that sort of thing?

Actually, due to the "SoCal rule" we now have the consolation prize in play. Funny how SoCal advocated so hard for this rule, just to send San Diego teams to the Dawgs every year.

Baffles me. :) 

3 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

I guess Folsum better schedule more cream puffs next year, because they are no match for Cent10 or for Servite.

A 12 point loss to a 27 point underdog. What a choke! 

Losing to a team that's not even in the top 50 in California? 539th in the nation/ Snicker snicker.🤣🤣😝

But how big was the crowd? smile.png

• Haha 3