Some California news

Ararar

18 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I agree in your assessment earlier. Everyone hates me and wants me to leave. I leave for 3 days. I come to see everyone has been asking for me to come back and tagging me.

I guess I am loved. :) 

Ok, since you’re back, please explain to us, in your words, WTFH against MT.

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Ok, since you’re back, please explain to us, in your words, WTFH against MT.

We can argue semantics all we want. But the bottom line is this:

1. 9 straight section finals

2. 4 State Titles in last decade

3. Best public school program in CA still

1 loss to an upstart program, while losing an entire all star team from last year is no shame. I felt good!

#Folsom

23 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Impossible to be #1 public when you get man handled by a team that lost to a 7 loss team.Top 5 for sure though 

I don’t think Consumes Oaks has more then 3-4 losses.... I am pretty sure they just got knocked out of the Playoffs the same week as Folsom....

Regardless, Monterey Trail is the new #1 Public in the SJS... Folsom is barley Top 5 in Nor Cal D1 right now....

Nor Cal Top 5 D1 Public’s:

1. Central -Fresno

2. MT

3.  PITT

4. Oak Ridge

5. Liberty

6. Folsom

You can Flip Flop #5 and #6 since neither of those teams made a section title game....

If you add in Private’s Serra, VC, DLS then Folsom is more like #9 or #10 Nor Cal Team...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

I don’t think Consumes Oaks has more then 3-4 losses.... I am pretty sure they just got knocked out of the Playoffs the same week as Folsom....

Regardless, Monterey Trail is the new #1 Public in the SJS... Folsom is barley Top 5 in Nor Cal D1 right now....

Nor Cal Top 5 D1 Public’s:

1. Central -Fresno

2. MT

3.  PITT

4. Oak Ridge

5. Liberty

6. Folsom

You can Flip Flop #5 and #6 since neither of those teams made a section title game....

If you add in Private’s Serra, VC, DLS then Folsom is more like #9 or #10 Nor Cal Team...

Ya know... I get that you don't like Folsom.  That's fine.  But, you routinely get into lunacy about them.

There's no freakin' way that Pittsburg would beat Folsom.  The Bulldogs could all wear cleats 1 size too small and they'd still beat the Pirates by 3 scores.  Liberty probably couldn't beat Manteca.

Everyone's been overrating the non-DLS NCS D-I teams all season.  Pitt barely beat Santa Clara Wilcox with the Chargers having to give their 3rd string RB the ball 24 times.  Pitt's other "big" wins have been over Liberty... a team that barely beat Oakdale.  Liberty's big win was over Monte Vista, who split two games with San Ramon Valley... a team that Monterey Trail demolished by 42 points in a non-league game.  Liberty was taken to overtime by Clayton Valley, who tied for last place in the EBAL.

The NCS D-I (aside from DLS) was terrible this year.

As for putting them behind Oak Ridge... also silly.  Folsom beat them with Ngata barely playing one quarter.

Block is stupidly fanatical about supporting Folsom.  You're ridiculously fanatical about dissing Folsom.  That's not much better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Ya know... I get that you don't like Folsom.  That's fine.  But, you routinely get into lunacy about them.

There's no freakin' way that Pittsburg would beat Folsom.  The Bulldogs could all wear cleats 1 size too small and they'd still beat the Pirates by 3 scores.  Liberty probably couldn't beat Manteca.

Everyone's been overrating the non-DLS NCS D-I teams all season.  Pitt barely beat Santa Clara Wilcox with the Chargers having to give their 3rd string RB the ball 24 times.  Pitt's other "big" wins have been over Liberty... a team that barely beat Oakdale.  Liberty's big win was over Monte Vista, who split two games with San Ramon Valley... a team that Monterey Trail demolished by 42 points in a non-league game.  Liberty was taken to overtime by Clayton Valley, who tied for last place in the EBAL.

The NCS D-I (aside from DLS) was terrible this year.

As for putting them behind Oak Ridge... also silly.  Folsom beat them with Ngata barely playing one quarter.

Block is stupidly fanatical about supporting Folsom.  You're ridiculously fanatical about dissing Folsom.  That's not much better.

OC only sees red when it comes to Folsom. My guess is if Block wasn't such a triggering troll he wouldn't shit on them so much. Truth of the matter is Folsom is still a top 3 team in Norcal this year that just so happened to lose. It happens sometimes. Folsom wasn't even close to as good this year as the past couple of seasons. Even if they managed to get by MT I don't see that turnover-prone team beating Central this season. Folsom isn't the type of team that is great every season. They have great teams 3 out of every 5 years or so.  Folsom will be back to state in the next couple seasons 100%. There's a very nice crop of players coming up. This just wasn't their year. 

9 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

OC only sees red when it comes to Folsom. My guess is if Block wasn't such a triggering troll he wouldn't shit on them so much. Truth of the matter is Folsom is still a top 3 team in Norcal this year that just so happened to lose. It happens sometimes. Folsom wasn't even close to as good this year as the past couple of seasons. Even if they managed to get by MT I don't see that turnover-prone team beating Central this season. Folsom isn't the type of team that is great every season. They have great teams 3 out of every 5 years or so.  Folsom will be back to state in the next couple seasons 100%. There's a very nice crop of players coming up. This just wasn't their year. 

Like that Folsom is now being compared to other small market teams in their local area.  I'll leave the details up to you guys.  I'm fine either way.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Ha Ha  The good ole days.

Well they are working their way up from D-6 last year to D-5 this year.  Don't think they'll be ready to get up to the MD/SJB Tier for a looooong while tho.

I like the playoff Tiers.  The CIF did a good job of grouping teams with similar skill sets and capabilities.

A lot better than what they did with JSerra years ago.

1 minute ago, bigrobstercraws said:

A lot better than what they did with JSerra years ago.

Ugh.  Or Mater Dei and Servite a few years before that.  Definitely bit off more than they could chew at that point.

Personally I like them in D-5.  Very competitive division for them, and they can play up in the preleague games, like this year when they scheduled Narbonne and Sierra Canyon.

I remember in 1999 when they scheduled a home and home with MV.  The shoe was on the other foot then, with SP being the better team and MV starting back up.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Like that Folsom is now being compared to other small market teams in their local area.  I'll leave the details up to you guys.  I'm fine either way.

According to Nielsen, Sacramento ranks as the 20th largest media market in the USA. "Small market" isn't the word I would use to describe that. Plenty of teams in the biased tiers in much, much smaller markets.

6 hours ago, dntn31 said:

First everyone wants him to leave, now everyone is wondering where he is...

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611550109f75dc0735bab

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

I agree in your assessment earlier. Everyone hates me and wants me to leave. I leave for 3 days. I come to see everyone has been asking for me to come back and tagging me.

I guess I am loved. :) 

Wondering where he was doesn’t equate to wanting him back or, god forbid, loving him.

It’s basically morbid curiosity over how long he was going to puss off like he does every time Folsom gets their ass kicked.

#fuckoffuntilyoucanstopbeingacluelessasshole

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Are you putting words in my mouth?

because it seems like that’s what you’re doing 

Nah... just trying to determine whether you think Centennial or Mission Viejo is the #1 public this year in CA. 

'Cause if you think it's the Huskies...

Just saying one needs to be wary of glass houses.