Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

OC only sees red when it comes to Folsom. My guess is if Block wasn't such a triggering troll he wouldn't shit on them so much. Truth of the matter is Folsom is still a top 3 team in Norcal this year that just so happened to lose. It happens sometimes. Folsom wasn't even close to as good this year as the past couple of seasons. Even if they managed to get by MT I don't see that turnover-prone team beating Central this season. Folsom isn't the type of team that is great every season. They have great teams 3 out of every 5 years or so.  Folsom will be back to state in the next couple seasons 100%. There's a very nice crop of players coming up. This just wasn't their year. 

I wouldn't put money on MT beating Folsom a second time.

I absolutely would put money on Wilcox beating Pittsburg in a rematch.

San Mateo Serra has surprised me with their resilience in the face of losing their QB.  Their D is better than I thought it was going to be.

I think you could fairly suggest:  1. DLS, 2. Serra, 3. Folsom.  If you were to throw Central in the mix, it would be 1. DLS, 2. Central, 3. Serra, 4. Folsom.  Would be awesome to see Serra flip that second spot, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

After 9 years of beatings, they should be thankful :)

They got the Wal-Mart version of us this year! (Cen10)

:) 

Your team got smoked by a second rate veer team, after scraping by Edison. It’s time for you to hit the trail.   Oops, sorry, you already got hit by the trail. 

• Haha 10

14 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Your team got smoked by a second rate veer team, after scraping by Edison. It’s time for you to hit the trail.   Oops, sorry, you already got hit by the trail. 

You got SMOKED by an inferior San Diego team who got BLOWN OUT the following week by another inferior San Diego team!

Winning!

:) 

Cen10 losses to SD- 1

Folsom losses to SD- 0

On 11/25/2019 at 12:51 PM, frankyjames said:

We can argue semantics all we want. But the bottom line is this:

1. 9 straight section finals

2. 4 State Titles in last decade

3. Best public school program in CA still

1 loss to an upstart program, while losing an entire all star team from last year is no shame. I felt good!

#Folsom

Semantics. I do not think that word means what you think it means because you haven’t argued anything. Just admit it...you got nothin’ and want to change the subject because you’re too afraid to admit the truth and eat crow with a slice of humble pie for dessert. 🥧

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

OC only sees red when it comes to Folsom. My guess is if Block wasn't such a triggering troll he wouldn't shit on them so much. Truth of the matter is Folsom is still a top 3 team in Norcal this year that just so happened to lose. It happens sometimes. Folsom wasn't even close to as good this year as the past couple of seasons. Even if they managed to get by MT I don't see that turnover-prone team beating Central this season. Folsom isn't the type of team that is great every season. They have great teams 3 out of every 5 years or so.  Folsom will be back to state in the next couple seasons 100%. There's a very nice crop of players coming up. This just wasn't their year. 

The problem is that Folsom had a lot of marquee talent and they got worse and worse as season progressed. They did the same last season . Is the problem with the coaching and culture there, where the players run the coaches ? Ngata seemed to be dictating to the coaches earlier in season. Their practices must be more of photo ops than real preparation for games. The players and fans seem to buy into all the hoopla and scouts from colleges coming to practices. They finished these last two seasons woefully under performing, even though last year they barely beat cc of SD.  They never challenge anyone, never take a risk to get better. They seem content to be big dogs in their little bubble . I have to blame the leadership over there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

The problem is that Folsom had a lot of marquee talent and they got worse and worse as season progressed. They did the same last season . Is the problem with the coaching and culture there, where the players run the coaches ? Ngata seemed to be dictating to the coaches earlier in season. Their practices must be more of photo ops than real preparation for games. The players and fans seem to buy into all the hoopla and scouts from colleges coming to practices. They finished these last two seasons woefully under performing, even though last year they barely beat cc of SD.  They never challenge anyone, never take a risk to get better. They seem content to be big dogs in their little bubble . I have to blame the leadership over there

I agree with some of your points but don't think they got worse last season. They beat a pretty damn good CC team on an off night, put up over 80 on Central and looked every bit as good as DLS. This season I agree they looked worse as the season went on. They didn't look focused at times. I'm sure it wasn't easy for some of their seniors including Ngata to have a whole new coaching staff this season. That move caught the whole team and administration off guard. Those kids loved Richardson and crew. At the end of the day we have to remember that these are still kids and many are still immature. I know I was at that age. 

Coaching wasn't as good this season and Richardson/Taylor are showing how truly great of coaches they are already having the best season in Sac State history in year 1. My point in my post was simply I don't see the talent levels dropping much in the near future over there. All you have to do is look at their youth programs and all the kids they are still attracting. Sprinkle in some transfers and I can only hope Coach Doherty gets better with time. I don't want to be critical of the new staff in year 1. 

Lastly, I'm fully on board with them scheduling better and have always been.