Some California news

Ararar

6 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Is St Paul ready to rejoin some of its old Angelus League brothers in gang fights disguised as football games? 

Ha Ha  The good ole days.

Well they are working their way up from D-6 last year to D-5 this year.  Don't think they'll be ready to get up to the MD/SJB Tier for a looooong while tho.

I like the playoff Tiers.  The CIF did a good job of grouping teams with similar skill sets and capabilities.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 6:20 AM, Adam_MD_Alum said:

First of all, who the f cares about Folsom vs. SoCal...you can’t even get past DLS which is much closer. There’s a great article on Calpreps that basically explains this in further detail.

Net-Net - beat DLS or a legit Top 5 ranked D1 team (1&1) or top OOS team willing to travel, then maybe your argument has some merit.

Until then, you sound worse than the TX homers because they at least go back in forth with the top teams in their area, so in a way, I kinda feel sad for you..

But here’s the funniest thing about your Cent10 rants (and reason you should just shut-up)...last I checked, Cent10 can at least make claim of beating DLS this century

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-dec-20-sp-preptitle20-story.html

😂😂😂

Hate to beat a dead horse, add fire to flame or less worse quote myself😂👆🤣...

...THIS IS WHY NOBODY CARES ABOUT FOLSOM!!

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/article237513464.html

🐎🥊  🔥🔥  🐎🥊  🔥🔥 🐎🥊  🔥🔥  🐎🥊  🔥🔥

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I watched the last 5 minutes of the game on the app. You missed La Habra deciding to kick it short after they wet up by 2 points which gave Grace the ball near midfield. Then Grace gets a 40 yard pass. A very gutsy call by the Grace coach at the end. With no time outs and down by 2 points at the 3 or 4 yard line with about 8 seconds left, they run the ball for the winning TD. If he doesn’t make it the clock runs out and La Habra wins.

That was an odd decision.  Being there were only like 30 seconds left on the clock.

1 hour ago, SoCalFball said:

It's crazy that its been 2 days now and Mr. Folsom aka Franky James is no where to be found. Maybe we should send a search party out to look for him lol 

There’s only 1 explanation.  After the unfortunate loss (kudos to MT), the penultimate Folsom insider that he is, has been sent on a top secret mission.  Operation “Right the ship, restore the chip” is cleverly disguised as a trip to his favorite Atlanta ski resort, but the truth is, he’s been sent with an open checkbook to sign Rush Propst thereby extending Folsom’s pipeline from Reno to the Southeast.  We’re all gonna be in trouble when this plan unfolds.

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, old_e said:

Anyone know the possible matchups for the SBG games?

My current guesses:

D-Open:  De La Salle (NCS D-I) vs winner of SJB/MD (SS D-I)

D-1AA North:  Fresno Central (likely CS D-I winner) vs winner of San Mateo Serra/San Jose Valley Christian (CCS D-I)

D-1AA South:  La Mesa Helix (San Diego Open) vs (in my opinion) Newport Beach Corona del Mar (SS D-III)

D-1A North:  Winner of El Dorado Hills Oak Ridge/Elk Grove Monterey Trail (SJS D-I) vs Oakland McClymonds (Oakland Section champ)

D-1A South:  Chatsworth Sierra Canyon (my SS D-II winner) vs (dare I say it?) Santa Fe Springs St. Paul (likely winner of SS D-V)

D-2AA North:  Fresno San Joaquin Memorial (likely CS D-II winner) vs Winner of Santa Rosa Cardinal Newman/Kentfield Marin Catholic (NCS D-IV)

D-2AA South:  Winner of Oxnard Pacifica/Whittier La Serna (SS D-VI) vs Winner of San Diego Lincoln/Oceanside (SDS D-I)

D-2A North:  Winner of Rocklin Whitney/Elk Grove (SJS D-II) vs winner of Manteca/Auburn Placer (SJS D-III)

D-2A South:  Winner of San Juan Capistrano San Juan Hills/Los Angeles Loyola (SS D-IV) vs winner of Temecula Temecula Valley/Cypress (SS D-VII)

If Whitney wins SJS D-II, it's possible that winner of Concord Clayton Valley/Moraga Camplindo (NCS D-II) could be moved up to avoid two SJS teams playing each other.  If Elk Grove wins, perhaps Manteca/Placer winner falls to D-3AA.  Not sure how the committee will want to do this, even though the NCS D-II winner may not be as good as those from the two SJS divisions.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It's crazy that its been 2 days now and Mr. Folsom aka Franky James is no where to be found. Maybe we should send a search party out to look for him lol 

He's Here, Just look at the Post by @DogPile on the Folsom Thread.... It is a Classic Block post, giving no credit to the Kids of MT who beat Folsom and saying that MT would not win 6 Games in the SFL....

When of course they just beat Folsom by 12 who has a 40+ Game winning streak in the SFL, but somehow MT couldn't beat the likes of Whitney, Rocklin, Del Oro , Granite Bay, Grant and They already beat Folsom so I am counting 6 wins.... :)