Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Oh really? Groundbreaking take here! 😂 This all started because USC did the right thing and a grown man is upset about it. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/la-sp-mater-dei-corona-centennial-20181116-story.html 

Bru went for 8 grabs and 135 yards against c10. I understand why this one hurts now. 

The right thing being filing an indefinite emergency order removing him from campus, correct?  

I do t have an issue with maintaining that having his University filing an order to prevent him from being on campus wasn’t his plan when he enrolled in school(for the third time), but maybe you’re right and that was the plan all along?!?

4 minutes ago, pied said:

The right thing being filing an indefinite emergency order removing him from campus, correct?  

I do t have an issue with maintaining that having his University filing an order to prevent him from being on campus wasn’t his plan when he enrolled in school(for the third time), but maybe you’re right and that was the plan all along?!?

No. That the allegations were false and the university has reinstated him & the DA declined to press charges. That is exactly why Lincoln Riley has made keeping him at SC a priority. I know it bothers you but it’s ok👍 Same thing happened with bubba bolden (Gorman alum) and he had the opportunity to come back to SC but chose to go to Miami. The university handled his situation poorly just like Bru’s. 

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No. That the allegations were false and the university has reinstated him & the DA declined to press charges. That is exactly why Lincoln Riley has made keeping him at SC a priority. I know it bothers you but it’s ok👍 Same thing happened with bubba bolden (Gorman alum) and he had the opportunity to come back to SC but chose to go to Miami. The university handled his situation poorly just like Bru’s. 

Got it. Will be interesting to follow. May work out for him, may transfer a couple more times. 

BTW - doesn’t bother me, kind of forgot about him. Saw he was in the portal and it was like, AGAIN?!!?

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

You aren’t a grown man once you finish high school. Not rocket science. Should I link a video of Saban talking about second chances because kids in college fuck up all the time? Let me know. 

“You can are very defensive” nice, smooth brain! 

I acknowledged that I defend MD and MD kids on here. (Defensive) Bru is an MD kid & I know him and his family. You’re slow, I get it. 

Ive met many posters from here at MD games. Come see how pussy I am in person (; Maybe you can thumbs down all my posts too? You know, like a pussy does that gets his feelings hurt on the internet. Lmao.

Lol 

Ok. You are definitely not defensive and are as stable as one could be.  

As for my phone adding the word 'can', that is proof that everything you said is reasonable.  

I'm impressed with the intellect and emotional maturity you have shown so far.  

13 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

McCaffrey was a similar RB in college, I thought. Two fun guys to watch.

McCaffrey is the better Pro though. You wonder if all the drama that happened after he left  USC didn't affect his performance . He also dealt with some injuries , but so has McCaffery

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sophomore DT Aydin Breland was just offered by Alabama while on campus visiting. Sophomore LT DeAndre Carter is also on campus with him. I expect him to pull in an offer as well. Tennessee just recently offered both of them. 

Both MD bigs walk away with offers from Alabama 

• Like 2

Pretty bold take in a tweet that has since been deleted by DJ and Matayo Uiagalelei’s father Dave. I’m not saying he’s wrong, especially because this almost certainly makes USC the front runner for Matayo. I think we all know CFB is going to change drastically over these next few years. I still think the blue bloods in smaller areas like Alabama, Notre Dame, OU, and OSU will find ways for their big money donors to secure NIL deals for the guys they need. Gotta like the spot SC is in though. 

Here’s an example of the power NIL in LA has. The Lakers posted a picture of Lebron shooting a three against the warriors and MD alums Domani Jackson and Kyron ware-Hudson are in the background. College freshmen. What in the world. NIL could end up putting SC over the top with the elite recruits, as it did with CW. Then again, DJ Uiagalelei is driving an Escalade around Clemson and Bryce young is already a multimillionaire through NIL deals and gets to drive free BMW’s around Tuscaloosa for the remainder of his time there. Going to be a wild ride these next few years. You can pretty much guarantee “bought championships” going forward. Especially if the parents share a similar viewpoint with Dave. If one school can give you $2MM and the school you really want to go to can only offer $750K…. Tough call. If you all had 5* athletes what would be your advice? 

208C8218-2BEE-48FD-924F-DF30D169D40B.jpeg

E6C441C8-B477-43C7-8298-AE5D41DF643F.jpeg

18DD4993-E9CC-4110-9DB2-DF7F4C2A8D48.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Pretty bold take in a tweet that has since been deleted by DJ and Matayo Uiagalelei’s father Dave. I’m not saying he’s wrong, especially because this almost certainly makes USC the front runner for Matayo. I think we all know CFB is going to change drastically over these next few years. I still think the blue bloods in smaller areas like Alabama, Notre Dame, OU, and OSU will find ways for their big money donors to secure NIL deals for the guys they need. Gotta like the spot SC is in though. 

Here’s an example of the power NIL in LA has. The Lakers posted a picture of Lebron shooting a three against the warriors and MD alums Domani Jackson and Kyron ware-Hudson are in the background. College freshmen. What in the world. NIL could end up putting SC over the top with the elite recruits, as it did with CW. Then again, DJ Uiagalelei is driving an Escalade around Clemson and Bryce young is already a multimillionaire through NIL deals and gets to drive free BMW’s around Tuscaloosa for the remainder of his time there. Going to be a wild ride these next few years. You can pretty much guarantee “bought championships” going forward. Especially if the parents share a similar viewpoint with Dave. If one school can give you $2MM and the school you really want to go to can only offer $750K…. Tough call. If you all had 5* athletes what would be your advice? 

208C8218-2BEE-48FD-924F-DF30D169D40B.jpeg

E6C441C8-B477-43C7-8298-AE5D41DF643F.jpeg

18DD4993-E9CC-4110-9DB2-DF7F4C2A8D48.jpeg

I know they won that game, but really what perk is it to see a crappy Lakers team who is 7 games under .500 and is a very old, slow and generally sloppy team to watch 😂.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I know they won that game, but really what perk is it to see a crappy Lakers team who is 7 games under .500 and is a very old, slow and generally sloppy team to watch 😂.

The only thing that matters is the Lakers took out Warriors in the playoff.The Dodgers took out the Giants and the Rams folded the 9ers😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/4/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ararar said:

Solid schedule for Chaminade. I’m glad to see Loyola hosting the Eagles as a tuneup for each squad’s respective league campaign. 

I was disappointed to see San Clemente opt out of their 2nd year of a 2-year contract with Loyola. Surprisingly, they didn’t want to travel to Downtown LA, and replaced Loyola on their schedule with (checks notes) freaking Steele Canyon (3-8 in 2021). 

Nonetheless, Loyola negotiated three new 2-year (home and away) deals with Pasadena, Chaminade and Oaks Christian. This will be the first time Loyola and Oaks Christian have ever met on the gridiron. 

Loyola will be returning 15 starters (8 on offense & 7 on defense), including their starting QB and 4 of 5 OL. 

Big question mark will be replacing the Cubs’ bell cow in the backfield Tahj Owens (Princeton). 

Loyola Cubs 2022 Football Schedule 

Scrimmage vs Serra (Gardena)

Game 1 vs Damien 

Game 2 @ Culver City

Game 3 @ Pasadena 

Game 4 vs Chaminade 

Game 5 @ Oaks Christian

Game 6 @ St. Paul*

Game 7 vs Crespi*

Game 8 @ Paraclete*

Game 9 vs Cathedral*

Game 10 vs St. Francis*
*Denotes Angelus League Games

EB75F297-40F8-4121-BE54-62A168FFB1EC.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Centennial Football Schedule

2022-23

Fri, 8/19  7:00pm  Corona Santiago

Fri, 8/26 7:00pm @ Cathedral Catholic San Diego (D1 AA State Champs)

Fri, 9/2 7:00pm Mater Dei  Santa Ana (Div 1, Open State Champs)

Fri, 9/9 7:00pm JSerra Catholic San Juan Capistrano (Div 2 playoffs)

Fri, 9/16 7:00pm @ Temecula Valley Temecula

Fri, 9/30 7:00pm @ Chaparral Temecula • League

Fri, 10/7 7:00pm @ Roosevelt Eastvale  • League

Fri, 10/14 7:00pm @ Vista Murrieta Murrieta  • League (Div 2 Playoffs)

Fri, 10/21 7:00pm Murrieta Valley Murrieta  • League (Div 2 playoffs)

Thu, 10/27 7:00pm Norco • League (Open Div 1 playoffs)

In a new more competitive league. 

• Like 2