Some California news

Ararar

On 2/5/2022 at 8:48 PM, SeaShells21 said:

More or less to point out the difference between what a normal Mater Dei team looks like [2016]

as opposed to what they look like now after Mater Dei and Thing 2 started taking advantage of relaxed transferring CIF rules.

Allen looks the same as any other public school from here roster wise, even during their championship run. [Point: They didn’t turn into a Texas IMG.]

Mater Dei doesn’t and it’s not close.

The 2016 MD team had the second-most cumulative "stars" (sum total of 3-5 stars) of any MD team from '16-'21.  More than the '17, '18 and Fall '21 MNC teams.  Only the COVID-season spring '21 team had more.  It also had the best WR corps of any MD team, ever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

The 2016 MD team had the second-most cumulative "stars" (sum total of 3-5 stars) of any MD team from '16-'21.  More than the '17, '18 and Fall '21 MNC teams.  Only the COVID-season spring '21 team had more.  It also had the best WR corps of any MD team, ever.

@HurricaneNick

Touche’

Okay. That is fair.

Even if they were, I think we can agree that there is still a difference in the amount of talent they had before their title run compared to what they have there now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Have they released a schedule yet?  Didn't they used to play Chandler or Hamilton on the regular?  Maybe a lot of teams are pulling back on challenging schedules.  Maybe $$ or pandemic realities.  Idk.  

The schedule won’t be released until it is filled, but I’ll bet it won’t be as good as Folsoms. They played Chandler twice in the past. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:34 PM, Horsefly said:

But it’s still better and the boom is regional thanks to Tesla leaving the hell hole Cali for Austin. Cali is dead last.   😂 

Here’s a nice read for you:

https://do512.com/p/big-companies-moving-to-austin

Here’s another read for you and it’s not so nice… 

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-02-11/la-fi-tesla-race-discrimination-lawsuit

https://nypost.com/2021/10/28/elon-musks-tesla-hq-move-to-texas-reportedly-shocked-staff/

26 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks for the links, yeah their race relations are not good.   

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Thanks for the links, yeah their race relations are not good.   

I’ll be following this case.  

2023 might be an EV idea for the wife and I.  I’m not too keen on the idea just yet, nor is she, but like with many things, time heals.  

I did own Tesla shares and sold awhile back.  They are in one fund I own with a tiny pct so I’m pleased for now.  

Fisker (FSR) I’ve owned shares in for awhile and looking forward to seeing the model “Ocean” when it rolls out.  

• Like 1