Some California news

Ararar

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Like lendale & Reggie even tho JD is a 4.4 guy too lol. No one will beat the boys next year unless they can win in the trenches. 

Yeah I’m feeling good about next season. It’s good to know the biggest hole to fill will be our kicker Chase Meyer! 
You mentioned Zabien and Los Al? Pray tell

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Yeah I’m feeling good about next season. It’s good to know the biggest hole to fill will be our kicker Chase Meyer! 
You mentioned Zabien and Los Al? Pray tell

As of now NO. 

I will say I believe chuck mcdonald will end up being one of the top corners in his class. Line him up across from Daryus dixson who already holds P5 offers & we’re fine. Marco Wilson just pulled in a few offers and he’s just depth. King Shelton will also help the group.  *IF* Zabien leaves we will be ok but I’d say it’s about a 5% chance that happens. Early smoke but nothing serious. He played ‘the 7 on circuit with the los Al guys but Nelson & lemon only have one more year. ZB has 2 left. He knows that 2024 MD team will be OIAG “again” Lol. He won’t leave. 

• Thanks 1

Coleman Shelton, Super Bowl Champion Rams OL (fresh from signing a new 2-year deal to stay in LA) stopped by 1901 Venice Blvd and linked up with the Loyola Offensive Line.

Shelton is listed at 6’4 299 and will be entering his 6th NFL season. Great seeing the alums continue to return to their roots.

The “Punish At Will” Loyola OL Legacy is a live and well. 

(Right to Left)

Sam Yoon 6’5 295 (UCLA Signee) Class of ’22

Jack Susnjar 6’6 310  (3-year starter) ‘23

Coleman Shelton 6’4 299 ‘13

Rashad Westbrooks 6’3 240 ‘24

Ryan Turk 6’4 270 ‘24

C1795354-CC67-44E3-AB39-FD9E7017143C.jpeg.39e2475779dab4a44620dd6b52fd79d6.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Dash fifita, Noah’s younger brother, is going to Mater Dei. 😂

OC Buckeye pipeline to servite is officially done. Only a matter of time before Troy is hosed again. Yikes, anacrimes poverty school is struggling. 

There must be serious issues at Servite with the Mass Exodus this year…. I wonder what TT did to piss everyone off, he seems like a good coach but something is definitely wrong overthere…..

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

There must be serious issues at Servite with the Mass Exodus this year…. I wonder what TT did to piss everyone off, he seems like a good coach but something is definitely wrong overthere…..

We can’t forget that Troy was already run out of servite once before. Rubs a lot of people the wrong way. 

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

De La Salle has played East.

Mater Dei is playing West.

Now only if we can get Thing 2 to pony up and play North or South; they at least may have a chance for the Natty.

Thing 2 vs Allen is an interesting game . What gives Allen more of a chance vs sjb rather than Md, is that SJB can be a slow starter most seasons. MD is about as ready for an opening game than anyone in country these past 6 seasons . Should be a game

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Thing 2 vs Allen is an interesting game . What gives Allen more of a chance vs sjb rather than Md, is that SJB can be a slow starter most seasons. MD is about as ready for an opening game than anyone in country these past 6 seasons . Should be a game

I also feel like they’re more susceptible to getting involved in a shootout rather than Mater Dei.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Saw that last year vs East St. Louis. SJB had a slow start in that game. Had those ESL fans excited. 

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I also feel like they’re more susceptible to getting involved in a shootout rather than Mater Dei.

MD's defense overall has been better than SJB 's mostly these last 6 seasons , MD in 2019 , imop, had their weakest Defense . SJB may have been better that season

• Like 3

16 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Beat part about CJ’s entrance is that he’s with two other Mater Dei receivers. KWH, CJ, & Josiah Zamora all take the field together. 

CW loves LA. 

3458DC5D-9A99-4D38-B637-A23DC070A86C.jpeg

Hope JZ can get some PT.  Great kid.  Hunter Renfrow, security blanket type.

University of Delaware signs a Mater Dei player (from Philly)

What is MD like IMG now recruiting Nationally?

Shuyab "Shoes" Brinkley

CB | 5-8 | 185
Philadelphia, Pa. / Mater Dei [Calif.]

High School: Played his first three seasons at Northeast High School before playing his senior season at Mater Dei in California … Earned First Team All-State honors as a junior and Second Team All-State recognition as a senior … Twice named Philadelphia All-Public School and was also named All-City as a junior … Helped lead Mater Dei to a No. 1 national ranking while leading the defense in tackles and interceptions … Helped lead Mater Dei to a Trinity League Championship and undefeated season in the 2021 spring season … Two-time Public League Champions at Northeast … Cousin, Curtis Brinkley, played football at Syracuse, ranking among the career leaders in several rushing categories, and played in the NFL for the Chargers and Bears. 

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

University of Delaware signs a Mater Dei player (from Philly)

What is MD like IMG now recruiting Nationally?

Shuyab "Shoes" Brinkley

CB | 5-8 | 185
Philadelphia, Pa. / Mater Dei [Calif.]

High School: Played his first three seasons at Northeast High School before playing his senior season at Mater Dei in California … Earned First Team All-State honors as a junior and Second Team All-State recognition as a senior … Twice named Philadelphia All-Public School and was also named All-City as a junior … Helped lead Mater Dei to a No. 1 national ranking while leading the defense in tackles and interceptions … Helped lead Mater Dei to a Trinity League Championship and undefeated season in the 2021 spring season … Two-time Public League Champions at Northeast … Cousin, Curtis Brinkley, played football at Syracuse, ranking among the career leaders in several rushing categories, and played in the NFL for the Chargers and Bears. 

Glad to see Shoes get this opportunity. He was a great contributor during the 5-game Spring 2021 season. Seemed like a good kid too.

And yes MD is scouring the country for more players just like IMG does. But I suppose it’s not okay for a kid to want the opportunity to play for MD. Anybody who thinks he was actually recruited by people from MD is clueless.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Glad to see Shoes get this opportunity. He was a great contributor during the 5-game Spring 2021 season. Seemed like a good kid too.

And yes MD is scouring the country for more players just like IMG does. But I suppose it’s not okay for a kid to want the opportunity to play for MD. Anybody who thinks he was actually recruited by people from MD is clueless.

Shoes is a good player. However, if MD was recruiting nationally shoes isn’t who we’d go after Lol. Kids from Florida and San Diego ended up at Austin Westlake and it’s because the family moved. A kid’s family moves from philly to California and ends up at MD and it’s recruiting! 😂 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Shoes is a good player. However, if MD was recruiting nationally shoes isn’t who we’d go after Lol. Kids from Florida and San Diego ended up at Austin Westlake and it’s because the family moved. A kid’s family moves from philly to California and ends up at MD and it’s recruiting! 😂 

I’ve seen that move made before 🤷‍♂️ 

515801FB-982E-421D-8106-058681BCF5E7.jpeg

• Haha 3