No powerhouses down south or midwest wants to come play in CA vs reigning National Champions Mater Dei high school 🏈 week 5 or 6

Omar Ali

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

I know very little about FL football but am convinced that you’re missing STA

Nope

Sta wasn't elite this past year 

3 losses to 3 publics including giving up 44 points against a first round loser and having a ineffective offense the entire season 

Only people putting sta top 10 Are ones doing so based on reputation and not what the on the field results showed 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Nope

3 losses to 3 publics including giving up 44 points against a first round loser and having a ineffective offense the entire season 

Only people putting sta top 10 Are ones doing so based on reputation and not what the on the field results showed 

In reality STA was still probably somewhere between 8-10.

You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You just want them to be top 10 to help your narrative 

Please show me how they top 10

They got shut out by centennial which showed how bad sta offense was 

They got blown to shreds and gave up 44 points against a team who lost in the first round 

They lost to Venice who almost lost their lead at state to a team with a garbage secondary

Do you have facts to show HOW sta is top 10 or you just guessing? 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

No they ain't and it wasn't hard to see the idea of at least 10 teams in Florida better than sta this year 

I've talked to people from broward County who feel their was at least 5 teams in the county alone capable of defeating sta at the end of the season 

That's not counting any of the Miami big 3

Thats not counting armwood

That's not counting Oxbridge Academy 

That's not counting IMG Academy 

Believe it or not its not hard to see sta outside the top 10 this year if you watched them play 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Nope

I dissected the part of your statement a little more, and it seems as if publics aren't supposed to beat private schools. Am I right? Because it's usually a big deal when a public power beats a private power. I mean, is that not supposed to happen? 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I dissected the part of your statement a little more, and it seems as if publics aren't supposed to beat private schools. Am I right? Because it's usually a big deal when a public power beats a private power. I mean, is that not supposed to happen? 

If sta is elite then no

A elite sta team wouldn't have lost to Venice or Miramar or get shut out by centennial 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Omar Ali said:

CA has the best Highschool 🏈 OBVIOUSLY with #1 Mater Dei and #3 St John Bosco both looking for games for week 0 and week 5 at home we would love to help fly in  powerhouses from down south or the Midwest everyone we have called is making excuses email me if you want smoke and your high school is a Powerhouse  California taking all fades #weWillMakeUfamous

ISB doesn't have their schedule posted yet.  I bet you could get a game with them.

Just now, Fred said:

ISB doesn't have their schedule posted yet.  I bet you could get a game with them.

Just what we need 

Bad enough that Florida teams are blowing them out,  now let's go let some oos claim a win over a "broward team" and prance around thinking they could beat a real team in the county 

41 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Nope

I thought you were presenting a preseason top 10 for 2018

i can’t imagine STA ever not making that cut with the talent on hand 

39 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

In handicapping a game, I don’t think you could have found 10 FL teams at any point that would have been favored, but he’s correct in that their results weren’t top 10

STA underperforms at times, which is going to happen when you start top 5 every year 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I thought you were presenting a preseason top 10 for 2018

i can’t imagine STA ever not making that cut with the talent on hand 

Oh ok 😂 

They probably end up top 10 preseason but i was making the argument they weren't top 10 by the end of 2017

Edited by Columbiafan

45 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Nope

HEY, don't be deflating POPS mindset that STA was actually GOOD, just because they 'POPPED' SJB!xD

Relax!!!!!!!

first off no one is afraid of Mater Dei. They come from the 4th best state and lost a lot  of transferred up studs. 

SJB is now a poor mans Mater Dei and they definitely not striking fear in anyone. 

At this time Paragon is talking with AHP to go play SJB or Mater Dei. So be patient. Ass whoopings take time to cultivate. 

Florida owns a 21-7 all time record against Cali and 5 of 7 Cali-Florida bowls. Which means Florida has owned Cali for decades. No one is afraid of anything West of Nevada!!!!

Mayeb Arizona. We don't want none of what they got cooking 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I feel you. But let's broaden the horizon even more: are elite publics "supposed" to be beating elite privates? 

In most cases no

Because generally elite privates (someone like Bishop Gorman) will have better talent and coaching then most publics so it would seem unlikely a private of that level would lose to a public but nothing is 100% the same in every case

Really depends on the situation 

4 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Look no further than 35 miles along the 241 to the 91.

Signed

We're your Huckleberry

Cen10

would love to see it. those games were always fun. But now that Cen10 is in D1/Pac5 not sure if it would happend.

Rollo vs Logan...my 2 fav SoCal coaches...

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

How’s the new stadium construction going at SJB?  Would be nice to host a strong opponent opening game especially.  

Kind of late to be looking for an opening game though no?   PGL (GSB) should know who’s available those dates.  Maybe IMG is free their week 5?  Is STA locked in yet for opening game GSB?  

it would be the week of 9/7/18. Week 5 will be a bye week for MD. MD needs to replace the BC game from last year.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Relax!!!!!!!

first off no one is afraid of Mater Dei. They come from the 4th best state and lost a lot  of transferred up studs. 

SJB is now a poor mans Mater Dei and they definitely not striking fear in anyone. 

At this time Paragon is talking with AHP to go play SJB or Mater Dei. So be patient. Ass whoopings take time to cultivate. 

Florida owns a 21-7 all time record against Cali and 5 of 7 Cali-Florida bowls. Which means Florida has owned Cali for decades. No one is afraid of anything West of Nevada!!!!

Mayeb Arizona. We don't want none of what they got cooking 😂

What Arizona has is Chandler, a team that recruits PHOENIX, population 1,400,000!(1/4 of the state's population)

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

States with a winning records vs CA:

Colorado 15-11

Florida 19-7

Georgia 2-0

Maryland 6-1

New Jersey 5-3

Texas 19-13

Washington 19-17

Idaho 12-7

CA is indeed a top 3 hsfb state, but the newbie needs to keep it real. 

Florida is actually 17-7 all time not counting IMG. 

Plus 5-2 in Cali-Florida bowls 

still stellar nonetheless 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

States with a winning records vs CA:

Colorado 15-11

Florida 19-7

Georgia 2-0

Maryland 6-1

New Jersey 5-3*

Texas 19-13

Washington 19-17

Idaho 12-7

CA is indeed a top 3 hsfb state, but the newbie needs to keep it real. 

The MD win over the NJ state champ last year should count as 3 wins in the standings 

• Haha 2