Hypocrisy

Eddyr2

15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Texasball what’s your definition of Recruiting ?

lmao 😂 this should be good

🍿

Recruitment refers to the overall process of attracting, shortlisting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for jobs (either permanent or temporary) within an organization. Recruitment can also refer to processes involved in choosing individuals for unpaid roles.

I would also like to add in Enticing  - Here is example I pulled from allegations in article about Mater Dei in NJ  - "He said the same assistant coach contacted the mother again in December 2013 with another recruiting pitch and scholarship offer.

I get private schools are going to attract players just like any other school who win all the time.

The difference is seeking them out and enticing them from the school who groomed them.

Just being honest - I could care less how the vomit privates gain players - I have still yet to see any major difference in the overall level of play from the best couple of private teams each year and the best couple of public Texas teams.  I would bet my ass you are looking at competitive games were winning the game is thin fine line.

Trinity vs DLS proved that -  yes MD and SJB are probably better today than that DLS team -  I would call it marginal but better and so are the best teams in Texas vs that Trinity team!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I get private schools are going to attract players just like any other school who win all the time.

The difference is seeking them out and enticing them from the school who groomed them.

Whose seeking them out?

The kids who transfer do it on their own. You think Rollinson,Negro, Thomas e.t.c are out there doing recruiting pitches to these kids?

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You don’t know , Negro does Home Visits with families in Servite 

Don't forget to mention after the in home visit he takes em to dinner at the local Ruth's Chris (in a helicopter of course), promises them free rent (ocean view of course) and free tuition, has Lebron come in and talk to them, gets Beyonce and jay-z to perform a private concert for the family and then takes the parents on a shopping spree at the beverly center just to seal the deal! - tx logic 

( We know the kids come to the schools to compete at the highest level, receive the maximum exposure to get them to the next level, and get coached by the best hs staffs in America but that just doesn't make sense to texas folk so don't bother explaining) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Don't forget to mention after the in home visit he takes em to dinner at the local Ruth's Chris (in a helicopter of course), promises them free rent (ocean view of course) and free tuition, has Lebron come in and talk to them, gets Beyonce and jay-z to perform a private concert for the family and then takes the parents on a shopping spree at the beverly center just to seal the deal! - tx logic 

( We know the kids come to the schools to compete at the highest level, receive the maximum exposure to get them to the next level, and get coached by the best hs staffs in America but that just doesn't make sense to texas folk so don't bother explaining) 

Man times have changed...In the 90’s we just a tour of campus and box lunch for the bus ride back to our Jr high 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I personally believe that they actively pursue recruiting many of the players - They entice them with financial aide, the entice with lesser academic requirement than the normal student, and with chance to play on glorified all-star teams with legit chance to be on mythical national championship.  These are not just coming from me...This is coming from the mouths of other coaches in the area.

The MD and SJB train IMO is hurting HS Football in the state of California.  

Again at the end of the day...I simply do not care if they recruit or if by chance  every major player is simply is transferring for the Catholic schooling.  It doesn't matter -  I don't see a penny's worth of difference in the best privates vs the best Texas Public schools.

Honestly, do you guys like the current situation in California?  

I don't like Private school football anywhere including Texas...If we could have quality conversations it would be easy to leave out vomit in my post.

Somewhere all the bullshit needs to stop.  I have said time and time again on these thread that many of the private schools play high level quality football.  When have any of you said one damn positive thing about the state of Texas?

On 9/25/2019 at 10:44 AM, Frosty4024 said:

It's not like they're getting players from 300 mile radius lol.

Or hand picking them out for that matter.

Nothing to see here and not even remotely close to what idiots are trying to say it is...

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You don’t know , Negro does Home Visits with families in Servite 

Funny thing - Rollinson is saying that we do in home visits right here.   As the Guru would say their is no proof of what they are really talking about - I know he is not going to admit anything.  

Bruce Rollinson: Look, at my age, I don't need problems. We've worked too hard to establish our reputation here, and no other school anywhere is under the microscope like Mater Dei. We have to be safe and cautious. We do our homework. We visit the homes kids are supposedly moving into and make sure the previous home they supposedly lived in is vacated. We go above and beyond in this process so we don't get whacked. … What you hope for as a football coach is that you're accepting kids who have some character and are a good fit for our school and football program.

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Funny thing - Rollinson is saying that we do in home visits right here.   As the Guru would say their is no proof of what they are really talking about - I know he is not going to admit anything.  

Bruce Rollinson: Look, at my age, I don't need problems. We've worked too hard to establish our reputation here, and no other school anywhere is under the microscope like Mater Dei. We have to be safe and cautious. We do our homework. We visit the homes kids are supposedly moving into and make sure the previous home they supposedly lived in is vacated. We go above and beyond in this process so we don't get whacked. … What you hope for as a football coach is that you're accepting kids who have some character and are a good fit for our school and football program.

Lol you definitely smoke coke

😂 

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

So in tx kids only move for any reason besides athletics. Cali kids who move is for athletic reasons only. Got it.

Bold of you to assume i think that lol. I didnt mention cali at all once there and i gave two examples on kids getting denied for moving for athletic reasons in my area which is a weaker football area. In cali that will never be the case because they don’t question why you transfer and theres nothing wrong with that but sure go on with your smart ass replies clown

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn cali folk need to move the fuck back....

I'm not sorry either....

BGW

Cali folks moving to texas,arizona, new mex, nevada, colorado etc due to gentrification going in on. Stuffs crazy , look at what the rams stadium developments  is doing inglewood. People leaving as everything is getting too expensive. I have family in the bay area who are all moving either to pheonix or here to south texas due to cost of living. They make great money too but in the bay area it is crazy lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Texasball said:

....  its called a legal change of address. So they visit the past address to make sure the family doesn't live there and check the current address to make sure they are living there so the program doesn't get penalized. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

....  its called a legal change of address. So they visit the past address to make sure the family doesn't live there and check the current address to make sure they are living there so the program doesn't get penalized. 

When did it start mattering where the private kids lived out.  You yourself traveled like 1 hour each way.

Point is there is no zone!

37 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No body has to move anywhere to play at MD.  I find it extremely strange that he goes that route in the interview.

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

No body has to move anywhere to play at MD.  I find it extremely strange that he goes that route in the interview.

Correct, you can live anywhere you'd like if you enroll as a freshman. As a  transfer you must move and have a legal change of address in order to be eligible to play as a transfer. CIF rules.  Rollo is addressing that in the quote you posted. 

40 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

He visit's both homes -  lol he needed another scotch and cigar after that interview

MD is not zoned in the first place why would he need to visit either address.  He walks in Mom and Dad are like welcome to our home.  Is he like are you sure this is your home?  I need to send someone over to that previous address...lol that could be hours away 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Correct, you can live anywhere you'd like if you enroll as a freshman. As a  transfer you must move and have a legal change of address in order to be eligible to play as a transfer. CIF rules.  Rollo is addressing that in the quote you posted. 

So you are saying that their must be some sort of move before kid can transfer?  bullshit!

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

He visit's both homes -  lol he needed another scotch and cigar after that interview

MD is not zoned in the first place why would he need to visit either address.  He walks in Mom and Dad are like welcome to our home.  Is he like are you sure this is your home?  I need to send someone over to that previous address...lol that could be hours away 

It’s better than a coach checking a box