This BS craziness is a growing story

OldTerrapin

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

What is GSB’s crime? What would he be involved in? 

Aren’t the accusations they are playing 20 years olds posing as high school students and the adults are promoting a fraudulent educational curriculum as a guise to filed a football team? 

How would any of those things involve GSB? 

Wait — I thought you weren’t defending GSB and the scam?    LOL — you’re a clown.

For starters, there’s potential fraud, unjust enrichment, child endangerment - and that’s just for the ESPN fiasco, where he defrauded ESPN and Paragon.  The players and their families could sue for fraudulently inducing the matchup and endangering the players.  The same could apply for any of the other teams they’ve played.  The teams that have now had to cancel could sue based on fraud for all of their resulting additional costs.

Where it gets even more serious is if all of the nonstop lies he has peddled online and in social media for years to help push the scam helped to induce any families or players to join the program, thereby putting them in harm’s way and/or subjecting them to the kind of conditions and consequences that former players have disclosed, including destroying their chances in real high schools or prep schools, then there could be liability.

Why?  Are you getting worried yourself, pimp?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Awful Announcing.

Your go-to source for dunking on shyster Joe Maimone.

Bishop Sycamore taken off FloSports schedule, but questions remain on relationship with Prep Gridiron Logistics

PGL seems to be the only entity actively defending Bishop Sycamore and the game’s booking. Although Paragon says PGL just recommended the game, a now-deleted tweet from PGL suggested they were more active in that booking. That tweet also claimed Bishop Sycamore had multiple teams, and suggested it would be different players playing Sunday than played Friday, a claim that has been proven as false and admitted by the program.

Good Lawd.. I just realized this gem made it into that article. Jesus Joe wtf man.. you be lucky if they don't come tar and feather your ass

Screen-Shot-2021-08-31-at-6.27.07-PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

More from this great man.. Koooooooooo

https://awfulannouncing.com/high-school/exclusive-former-ohsaa-investigator-shares-frustrations-that-schools-ignored-his-warnings-about-bishop-sycamore-red-flags.html

So when this all pops up with COF Academy, which is what they were known as before Bishop Sycamore, we have some schools scheduling this place… never heard of them, they are in Columbus, huh, never heard of them. Call them. “Yeah, we’re new, this is our first year.”

So “How many students do you have?”

“750.”

“What??” You are a first year program here in Columbus where the HQ of OHSAA is located, and you are telling me you have 750 boys? Not even just students, but boys?

“Yep.”

I said “no, you don’t.”

He said “I can show you all the applications, I can prove it.”

I said “I don’t need to see applications, I need to see the 750 students.”

They had an address that they reported to have school out of. I go to that address and no one is there. I ask the people there if they’ve ever heard of these people, and they said “No, never heard of them. There’s no school here.” Which led to them obviously being declared not a school for OHSAA purposes, and led to their school charter being revoked by the Ohio Department of Education.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

LCA off the board

Article with quotes from the LCA coach:

https://richmond.com/sports/high-school/richmond-area-school-seeking-new-football-opponent-to-replace-the-now-infamous-bishop-sycamore-of/article_a8f3b797-6bee-543d-8140-272ad461ecf8.amp.html

Scott said the game was set up by a scheduling broker, Prep Gridiron Logistics, and he learned of the allegations about Bishop Sycamore at the same time the rest of the country did.

"I highly doubt it," he said when asked if the game would happen. "We're actively seeking to replace them."

He said the only way the game would go on is if the allegations prove to be unfounded.

"We would never put our kids in that type of situation where they’re saying they got older kids or they got guys that came from college to play," Scott said. "Unless it’s unfounded, we’re not gonna be a part of that."

• Thanks 2

What does Ferree think the end goal was for the program?

It’s just for Roy Johnson to make money. I know he is, because it can all be proven via court records. Schools… like he will call up a powerhouse school in Maryland, and say “We will come play you but golly gee, we are this struggling organization, so you need to pay us money to pay us to get there.” And the school in Maryland will say no problem. Then all of a sudden, hey, there’s a lawsuit in Delaware County, Ohio because Roy Johnson never paid the busing company. Okay. So where did that money go? Maybe it went to the hotels? Nope. There’s a lawsuit, he never paid the hotels. Maybe it went to the helmet manufacturers? Nope, there’s a lawsuit. Never paid them. So, maybe it went to the banks where he took out loans? Nope, there’s lawsuits. He never paid the banks where he took out the loans. He just pockets the money.

I don’t know the exact amounts. But in my job as an investigator, I had schools tell me “yes, we paid them a travel stipend.” I didn’t ask them the number because it didn’t particularly matter. So then when you see that he got paid a travel stipend but then on these court documents he never paid the travel company… where did the money go?

I’d say it’s probably in the ballpark… if it was normal from what I’ve seen from other games where I have seen game contracts, not involving Bishop Sycamore but a standard contract I’ve seen before, I’d say the ballpark figure is probably $10,000 per game.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

This part has GSB written all over it.. so and so is playing them so they must be ok.. and so on

How did Bishop Sycamore schedule so many high profile games given they were a new program?

Going back to when this issue first occurred, so COF Academy, before anyone knew anything, they were able to schedule so many games. It’s just getting that first domino. They got one school to schedule them. Then they would call other schools and say “I’m playing School X in Week 1.” They then say “School X wouldn’t have scheduled them if they weren’t legit.” That precipitated them being able to schedule other people. That’s when the OHSAA stepped in and did the investigation and yeah, that’s all it took. It just took one school to schedule them, and that gave them the credence and they were able to schedule everyone else they wanted to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nobody except a handful of guys on this site even care about Bishop Sycamore.   Can you guys turn the page?

Sure seems like a lot more than a few guys care about this story. 

People all around my town that barely even talk sports ever are talking about this. It's everywhere. xD

Sorry, not sorry. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tigerguy12780 said:

one of the guys on here claims he talked to the person who organized the game (I assume it’s joe) so be on the watch for that lol

haha... @Chukwu77 said he did a okie doke on GSB posing as a Texas High School coach calling him and GSB spilled the beans.. Must be one of those teams GSB said was calling to play the team that played IMG on TV  lmao 

Said he would post a video of it.. #cantwait

There actually is some discussion on the HS football and the shady character looking to bank on the kids

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nobody except a handful of guys on this site even care about Bishop Sycamore.   Can you guys turn the page?

It's possibly the biggest story in high school sports (even though they aren't a real high school) in a very long time. When else would this message board be mentioned in articles that have gone viral nationally?

But, I agree that it would be nice if we at least consolidated into one or two threads max.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

So Sycamore is a joke. Yet IMG would hang 58 points on literally 95% of high school teams in the United States. You’re only gonna get a good match up with IMG if the team is legitimately in the top 25. And IMG is still going to win by two or three touchdowns against everyone except maybe two or three teams in the country. Mismatches are a very common theme in high school football these days. Long gone are the days when a lot of teams in the area played on a similar level. Now there’s the three or four haves and the 25 have nots in almost every area.

• OldTerrapin changed the title to Still the best..