Some California news

Ararar

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tough to compare between teams from different decades. The '82 Servite team was dominant in that year.  The 2009 Servite team was actually underdogs vs. Mission Viejo and Edison, but managed to beat them.  If I had to put $ on it, I would probably go with '82.

That '82 team travelled to Cincinnati and played National #1 mid dynasty Moeller, who we found out later, recruited players from multiple states.  Servite controlled them and led after 3 quarters before running out of gas.  Moeller had 7-10 future  NFL guys on that team.  Servite finished at #2 nationally

And I still am waiting for them to visit Anaheim for a rematch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahahaha.  Nope DLS won the highest bowl game that year.  Servix was relegated to the lower than folsom level subdivision bowl game and squeaked by a Rocklin team who lost their starting QB before the game 33-30.  Think it was the 3rd highest bowl game if I'm correct.  Even Oceanside was playing in a higher bowl game than servix.  

So Rocklin had to replace their 2009 starting QB by putting in their 2008 starting QB. 

Servite was dominating that game until DB Pulaske stepped on our QB's throwing hand early in the 3rd quarter and did his best imitation of Chubby Checker doing the twist, as if he were putting out a cigarette. We completed only one pass after that.

But, that's all part of the game. We got the W, and 14-0 Rocklin took the L.

In fact, Servite's last three opponents came into the games undefeated, a combined 39 and 0. Mission Viejo 12-0, Edison 13-0, and Rocklin 14-0.

Servite ended the 2009 season as the highest rated team in California.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Slotback Right said:

So Rocklin had to replace their 2009 starting QB by putting in their 2008 starting QB. 

Servite was dominating that game until DB Pulaske stepped on our QB's throwing hand early in the 3rd quarter and did his best imitation of Chubby Checker doing the twist, as if he were putting out a cigarette. We completed only one pass after that.

But, that's all part of the game. We got the W, and 14-0 Rocklin took the L.

In fact, Servite's last three opponents came into the games undefeated, a combined 39 and 0. Mission Viejo 12-0, Edison 13-0, and Rocklin 14-0.

Servite ended the 2009 season as the highest rated team in California.

@Sammyswordsman  you know where these kind of posts go.  Do your thang!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite won the game.  Slotback is just adding some context

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Just the same, Servite ended the 2009 season as the highest rated team in California.

Even though I have expressed lately, that in my lifetime, I'd love to see a California public school win a National Title in H.S. Football, or just finished ranked number 1 in the nation, I wouldn't mind seeing Servite do that, even though Servite is a private/parochial school, that way it can make the classic, iconic MD-Servite rivalry more intense.

Comparable to how certain NFL team fan bases, brag or make fun of, how their rival team, doesn't have any Super Bowl rings.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:50 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

Tough to compare between teams from different decades. The '82 Servite team was dominant in that year.  The 2009 Servite team was actually underdogs vs. Mission Viejo and Edison, but managed to beat them.  If I had to put $ on it, I would probably go with '82.

That '82 team travelled to Cincinnati and played National #1 mid dynasty Moeller, who we found out later, recruited players from multiple states.  Servite controlled them and led after 3 quarters before running out of gas.  Moeller had 7-10 future  NFL guys on that team.  Servite finished at #2 nationally

I'm interested in learning more about that story or researching more about that, Moeller recruiting players from out of state, are there reports on this that can still be looked at?

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Are Socal teams practicing ?  Sac area teams haven't been allowed to yet... 

I think it is decided by counties and implemented by individual school districts. For example, I coach water polo and while this should be summer club season, we are forced to treat practices as "summer camps". Groups are limited to 12 kids and 1 coach, no contact, masks must be worn outside the pool. No new people can be introduced to the "bubble" and coaches can only be there for "one block" to aide in contact tracing. I may be mistaken but I believe this is how DLS was able to start last week. Groups of 11, no intermingling, etc...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

I think it is decided by counties and implemented by individual school districts. For example, I coach water polo and while this should be summer club season, we are forced to treat practices as "summer camps". Groups are limited to 12 kids and 1 coach, no contact, masks must be worn outside the pool. No new people can be introduced to the "bubble" and coaches can only be there for "one block" to aide in contact tracing. I may be mistaken but I believe this is how DLS was able to start last week. Groups of 11, no intermingling, etc...

Thanks. I think you're right.  My question still stands though if any of the Socal teams are practicing yet? Anyone from the TL care to chime in? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Thanks. I think you're right.  My question still stands though if any of the Socal teams are practicing yet? Anyone from the TL care to chime in? 

Word on the street is that TL been practicing at private undisclosed locations since early May.  Spring practice workouts concluded end of May.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1