Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

What people want and what people should do in a health crisis are obviously two different things.

So of course Governor Goofball deems religious services "essential" because people "want" to have access to religious services.

Nothing like good ole pandering during a health crisis.

DeSantis is a shining example of what NOT to do during a pandemic.

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I think you've got to pick one or the other, unless you think that Trump is an economic hitman and is also being manipulated by other economic hitmen. 

Probably not so much as those that take a country to the brink of poverty like some oil companies are doing to smaller third world countries for oil. 

Trump tried to manipulate China with his export taxes along with the Middle East. My opinion is that it puts him on the Econimic hitman list. 

On 4/8/2020 at 6:52 AM, Horsefly said:

Yes I saw her brief, it’s small nuance of the total numbers.  If a person dies in an accident, that’s what they die from.   Her example is of a person with underlying issues, is admitted with the virus and dies.  They count those as Covid deaths.  It’s not a gross over counting as is implied.   

Bingo! That is exactly how it should be listed on a DC and is totally correct and in no way over reports Covid deaths or skews numbers higher. Actually it’s pretty obvious they are under reported due to deaths where the person was never tested. As is always the case it is always a probable requirement for a DC.

The basic guide is part 1, lines a-d should be something like:

Part I : Acute respiratory distress syndrome 

Due to: Pneumonia 
Due to: Covid-19 infection 

Or any other sequence that ends with Covid-19 if they think the death was actually caused by Covid-19. COPD (asthma/emphysema), hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, etc should all go in part 2.    

If they think the person died from something else, like they had a heart attack and they also just happened to be COVID-19 positive, they can list COVID under part 2, so it would read something like:

Part 1: Acute myocardial infarct

Due to: Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease

Part II: COVID-19, type II diabetes mellitus, etc.

@Horsefly I get where you were going with the accident example. That would be the manner of death. They would actually die from “blunt force injuries” or “lethal dose dose of fentanyl” or something like that as a result of the accident 😉.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, World Citizen said:

So you don't follow the news (except local news) and don't read Trumps tweets and yet you still think you are qualified enough to comment on those who are informed and pay attention to bullshiat propaganda, and have absolutely NO IDEA  what's happening.  <<< Why yes...absolutely 🤣

Good to know.  I will put you down as not knowing what you are talking about but still wanting to criticize others who do know more and do pay attention.

You do that 👍 !

But you still are going to have to ask yourself....

giphy.gif

who you are really 'paying' attention to...

👂

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that most local news covers the President, at least to some extent, pretty much every day...or your weird take that people who watch local news are somehow less informed about Drumpf. 

I mean, if you think that scouring every source you can find, looking actively looking for stuff to rage about qualifies as "informed," then I'm not exactly sure what to tell ya, brah. 🤷‍♂️

Wtf are you talking about?

Carry on. 

My weird take huh?  He said himself he didn't pay much attention to Trump.  You are very strange and not sure why you are getting enraged about a conversation you were not a part of to begin with.  You're wrong and I would appreciate it if you didn't waste my time with your bs.  And I am very sure I don't need you to tell me anything, brah.

Carry on 

53 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Precisely what's wrong with America.

If a projection is wrong then the non-experts who expressed "skepticism" were "right."

OK...I'll bite...

How in your world are they not ?

giphy.gif

Guaranteed winner coming up here folks...🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I also understand why he did.

Just an article I thought was cute...that you might like ? 🤔

Looks like our state made CNN Headlines for what reason ?....LOL

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/business/coronavirus-cobol-programmers-new-jersey-trnd/index.html

Two men operating a mainframe computer, circa 1960.

Jeeze what happened to Pascal? 😲

😉

PS....I would (actually) love to VOLUNTEER my time for our beloved Gubna ....

But I am still trying to figure out how to pay all those property taxes due 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

[...]

If a projection is wrong then the non-experts who expressed "skepticism" were "right."

That's a nice point. A broken clock is right twice a day etc.

And I'm not sure why we're supposed to ignore all the times that those who construct models tell us that they will improve as new evidence comes in.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

My weird take huh?  He said himself he didn't pay much attention to Trump.  You are very strange and not sure why you are getting enraged about a conversation you were not a part of to begin with.  You're wrong and I would appreciate it if you didn't waste my time with your bs.  And I am very sure I don't need you to tell me anything, brah.

Carry on 

Okay lol

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Precisely what's wrong with America.

Lest we not forget that these idiots think we should never have done social distancing. It's all bullshit to destroy Trump and the economy. 

Had we not went into a virtual lockdown mode there is no telling the number of dead we would have. There still isn't any telling at this moment yet either though. If everybody wakes up tomorrow with the "itis' these dummies have, the numbers will certainly jump. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 6:24 AM, thc6795 said:

The sky isn’t falling Nor. I'm sure people now know someone. However a month ago they told us we would see 100k deaths in TWO weeks. Two weeks ago they told us the death toll would sky rocket. Now they are saying in two weeks there will be 200k dead. 

Meanwhile a Dr. in France has cured 99.9% of his patients. A Dr in NY has treated and cured 66 patients. Doctors all over the world are saying they have found a drug that works. 

If this French doctor was 99.9% successful, FOX News would send a private jet for him to go to New York and give him prime time coverage for a month.   Each night, Donald Trump would kiss his ass in private.  A drug company would make him an instant billionaire.

Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx would be out of a job.  Donald Trump would be preening his feathers.

So, who is this Doctor anyway?  Does he/she have a name?  No, just a BS story by another Republican Fake News source, of course.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lest we not forget that these idiots think we should never have done social distancing. It's all bullshit to destroy Trump and the economy. 

Had we not went into a virtual lockdown mode there is no telling the number of dead we would have. There still isn't any telling at this moment yet either though. If everybody wakes up tomorrow with the "itis' these dummies have, the numbers will certainly jump. 

Yes.

Idiots claim that virus is nothing.

Idiots then complain about social distancing to combat virus.

Idiots then claim that, see, the death projections were an exaggeration.

But the only reason the death toll was lower was because of social distancing.

🤡

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Certainly a fair point. 

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Had we not went into a virtual lockdown mode there is no telling the number of dead we would have. There still isn't any telling at this moment yet either though. 

Well, we for sure know that the number of dead is going to be about 1/4 of the most optimistic projection with the distancing measures included. 

That said, It is unreasonable to ask if we've perhaps "over-corrected" to the point of preventing sufficient infections (and thus immunity) to stave off an equally bad (or worse) 2nd wave?

• Like 1