Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

another problem Poly has is LBUSD. the Football program can no longer use open enrollment to pull in kids for outside and inside the LB area. LBUSD wouldn't even let local kids go streight to Poly anymore and asking many to go to another High School freshmen year, sit out and then transfer to Poly as Sophomores. Making those kids easy pickings for Negro. LBUSD are trying to make that school truly a Polytechnic school and not just know for sports...

it's really sad

No wonder why they can't even field a JV team

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Maybe they can the new coach and bring Raul back?  Lol.  I know I know it sounds cray, but stranger things have happened. 

I think the most interesting job is the Loyola one.Mission League team that perennially finishes last in league.A opportunity to compete against Amat,Serra and Chaminade May tempt him to throw his hat in the ring.

If he is looking long term then OLU needs a Freshman team Head coach I believe 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I think the most interesting job is the Loyola one.Mission League team that perennially finishes last in league.A opportunity to compete against Amat,Serra and Chaminade May tempt him to throw his hat in the ring.

Freshman?  I doubt he takes a freshman team coaching job.  Unless it pays more than the Varsity coach. Lol.  Loyola does sound like a nothing to lose type of job.  Loses and its no biggie since they suck.  Win and he is a hero. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Loyola used to be a Real Powerhouse!... I remember going to a big game my senior year in High School where Dick Butkis's Kid Played for Loyola and they played Crespi with Russell White... If I remember correctly, Both teams were like #1 and #2 in the Southern Section and I think Loyola was even Nationally ranked.... 

I know Loyola won a low scoring game, but I don't remember the exact score... I Just remember it was such a big game and it was on a Saturday night so a bunch of us from my team went to see those 2 great players and teams square off!.... :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Freshman?  I doubt he takes a freshman team coaching job.  Unless it pays more than the Varsity coach. Lol.  Loyola does sound like a nothing to lose type of job.  Loses and its no biggie since they suck.  Win and he is a hero. 

You are right about the Loyola Job being nothing to lose.... Football is not a priority there like it used to be so there would be no pressure... I Believe Their Administration and Alumni do not have a desire to enter the recruiting and transfer wars down there necessary to be a Top Private Program again, meaning Competing for a D1 Title...

Could defiantly see them winning D2 or Something with Raul though... He is a Great Coach!.... :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

You are right about the Loyola Job being nothing to lose.... Football is not a priority there like it used to be so there would be no pressure... I Believe Their Administration and Alumni do not have a desire to enter the recruiting and transfer wars down there necessary to be a Top Private Program again, meaning Competing for a D1 Title...

Could defiantly see them winning D2 or Something with Raul though... He is a Great Coach!.... :) 

In the mid-2000s, my old boss's son applied and was denied admission to Loyola.  The kid ended up at Servite and USC before finally getting a PhD in Chemistry.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

In the mid-2000s, my old boss's son applied and was denied admission to Loyola.  The kid ended up at Servite and USC before finally getting a PhD in Chemistry.

Ha!!!!.... Yes, I always remember Loyola Being a Very Difficult School to get in to... I Certainly don't see Loyola handing out "Football Scholarships" anytime soon!!!... :) 

It does seem like  the focus has shifted away from football at Loyola after Grady left. When the CIF eliminated the “fumblerooski” it took about a 1/5 of their playbook 😀.

But they did start playing games on campus a few years ago so their has to be some interest? They used to play “home” games in Glendale. On campus stadium is small, but looks kinda cool with downtown in the background.

31FC38E7-9042-415D-B851-55DB857FA974.jpeg

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

It does seem like  the focus has shifted away from football at Loyola after Grady left. When the CIF eliminated the “fumblerooski” it took about a 1/5 of their playbook 😀.

But they did start playing games on campus a few years ago so their has to be some interest? They used to play “home” games in Glendale. On campus stadium is small, but looks kinda cool with downtown in the background.

31FC38E7-9042-415D-B851-55DB857FA974.jpeg

Ha!!!... They defiantly were never accused of running up the score on anyone!!!...😂

Grady was a awesome coach, one of so cal’s Best!!!.... The Cubs were always a tough defensive minded team!!!

That stadium looks Sweet!!!... I am glad they brought football to the campus!

That school has a lot of money and if they wanted to, The Cubs could be like MD and SJB....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogPile said:

Folsom D gave up less total yardage without their best defensive player than MD did against DLS.

That makes me smile 

I have Bulldog blood, but I can't figure out who that defensive player that you're talking about is?  Pierre?

•  

MD point differential versus DLS:

Folsom point differential versus DLS:

Pretty much the same thing the only difference is that pasty “-“

13 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

The only reason they have been regulated to D2 is because of Folsom. 

Exactly, the Folsom rule doesn’t work out well for everyone up north.  Del Oro exposed.   It’s gonna be pretty funny if another D1 NorCal power loses tomorrow to a 3 loss D2 team.  

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

Exactly, the Folsom rule doesn’t work out well for everyone up north.  Del Oro exposed.   It’s gonna be pretty funny if another D1 NorCal power loses tomorrow to a 3 loss D2 team.  

Definitely a tough match for Sierra Canyon.  Hopefully they can keep it close.