Rush Tapes

Ga96

10 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

But once you do get caught don’t you have to pay the consequences for you actions I.E. forfeit games and championships?

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Is he doing anything illegal or shit that’s frowned upon?

According to state and district it’s against the rules and if he took any of that “Funny Money” for himself and didn’t report it that’s tax evasion.

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

How do you think this will effect Colquitt and Hoover’s Previous championships under Rush?

Hoover already forfeit games in 2007 over a kid that moved involved in a crazy divorce. Hoover was looked at by an independent law firm in an investigation and the AHSAA.  We paid the price forfeited 4 games. The kid played in the playoffs after being reinstated by the Ahsaa after a judges ruling on custody. Rush had women trouble at Hoover not recruiting.  We have bern looked closer at than any school in the state for a while.   Alabama's rules are set in stone over a bonafide move.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hoover already forfeit games in 2007 over a kid that moved involved in a crazy divorce. Hoover was looked at by an independent law firm in an investigation and the AHSAA.  We paid the price forfeited 4 games. The kid played in the playoffs after being reinstated by the Ahsaa after a judges ruling on custody. Rush had women trouble at Hoover not recruiting.  We have bern looked closer at than any school in the state for a while.   Alabama's rules are set in stone over a bonafide move.

What about paying players, he supposedly said it was the norm at his others schools to have a slush fund “funny money” to pay expenses for players and there families. The moves might be “bonafide” under state guidelines but the money changing hands to facilitate said moves sure wasn’t. 

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Alright gentlemen. Have received a report for the original post with a threat for potential litigation toward the OP. I'm trying to decide the proper action to take at this point. Clearly the OP was speculative and potentially libelous as I had already kind of alluded to in my other post in this thread. Apparently it was also offensive to another user. 

Preferably we could just not be speculative or speak as if we have some inside scoop on tapes or whatever without providing them as proof. It's a little sketchy tbh and I totally understand the report I received although I really don't care if the OP gets a subpoena or service for libel. I've warned that this Valdosta thing was a nightmare for potential litigation/subpoena, and clearly I was correct. 

As a website we aren't creating that reported content, simply giving the platform for others to create that content, so, use some discretion and protect your ownselves from these legal threats.

For those that don't think it can happen, the Gwinnett football board got shut down about 10 years years ago for something similar.  There was a bunch of chatter about a Gwinnett coach and he sued/threatened to sue the people that ran the board and those that posted on the subject.

1 minute ago, Norcalnut said:

What about paying players, he supposedly said it was the norm at his others schools to have a slush fund “funny money” to pay expenses for players and there families. The moves might be “bonafide” under state guidelines but the money changing hands to facilitate said moves sure wasn’t. 

Helping poor kids with food and clothes is not against the law. 

Just now, Fred said:

For those that don't think it can happen, the Gwinnett football board got shut down about 10 years years ago for something similar.  There was a bunch of chatter about a Gwinnett coach and he sued/threatened to sue the people that ran the board and those that posted on the subject.

Al.com forums were shut down and the main issues were death threats, personal info and a refs home address phone number after a baseball game got posted.  It got crazy over personal info.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Really, that’s the narrative your going to try and spin, that Rush is just being Mother Teresa incarnate. Dude that ship has sailed.

The point is helping hungry kids is not in the same boat as paying rent for families.   I have lived in Hoover my entire life and being going to games since the 70's never heard of anything like what is being talked about in this Valdosta mess. 

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The point is helping hungry kids is not in the same boat as paying rent for families.   I have lived in Hoover my entire life and being going to games since the 70's never heard of anything like what is being talked about in this Valdosta mess. 

If he really wanted to help then he would have started a food bank for the entire student body, instead he started a slush fund for the football team. You can’t be that naive to think that he was a saint in Alabama then the devil came down to Georgia (I love that song). He probably started small at Hoover and upped his game because nobody said anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

I am going to sue!!!!!

Rufus be like

Under The Bed GIFs | Tenor

You must think I'm a damn virgin in the litigation process.

Hoss, I been around.

Hell, back in 1997...a group of attorneys forced me to have an EKG to see if I had a heart.

I am not at liberty to disclose the results.....

I say...jump in.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

They did hire a white coach, so what leg does he have to stand on?

0 but that doesn't matter down south. Still have the good ole boy system that will try everything in their power to make him look good. Valdosta in 100+ years has never had a HC that wasn't white even with a majority black community and players but the second someone wants to try a black HC then its a problem. One of the coaches they were looking at just got hired at a group of 5 college.

2 hours ago, Fred said:

There is no doubt that it can happen. Even could be likely on this particular one. 

The issue for these things is by just allowing them, especially with threats of litigation, then, the litigation becomes an actual thing... Is the person being sued,, or the board viable enough with cash flow to withstand the price of legal fees? 

Everyone seems to think it's funny and shit, so, have at it is what I say. None of them would step up to pay legal fees if the board was to be sued. Chances are it goes away due to the thing and they can just go yuck it up somewhere else. Freedom of speech and all. 

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Doesn’t GSB own this website ??   Who cares if PG gets sued

• Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is no doubt that it can happen. Even could be likely on this particular one. 

The issue for these things is by just allowing them, especially with threats of litigation, then, the litigation becomes an actual thing... Is the person being sued,, or the board viable enough with cash flow to withstand the price of legal fees? 

Everyone seems to think it's funny and shit, so, have at it is what I say. None of them would step up to pay legal fees if the board was to be sued. Chances are it goes away due to the thing and they can just go yuck it up somewhere else. Freedom of speech and all. 

You can't get blood out of a turnip.

Just how much is this board worth.

I was the 2018 pick'em world champion. I need my money.  LOL

If they go after this board think about the crap on Facebook. Let them sue Facebook, Twitter etc.

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You can't get blood out of a turnip.

Just how much is this board worth.

I was the 2018 pick'em world champion. I need my money.  LOL

If they go after this board think about the crap on Facebook. Let them sue Facebook, Twitter etc.

That's the point. The value here probably isn't worth the expense. Board closed. 

See what I mean? 

Generally they would know there isn't blood in the turnip so the idea would be to shut it down.