Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, QPRTrinity said:

What is going on at Norco?  Sad to see so many players leaving including the coach.  Did the AD/Principal hit the reset button on the football program and cut everyone?

I guess they got a new principal but they also tried to force Jordan Campbell on the HC so he bounced to Roosevelt lol

Does anyone know what's going on with Santa Margarita?  I swear they have had around 12+ kids, including multiple starters, depart the program to division 8 Crean Lutheran, Los Al, and now Inglewood.  What's going on out there?  My suspicion is it has to deal with their QB coach Porter.  Something fishy here is going on.  Whatever it is, the gurus are circling the program and taking the best.

15 hours ago, QPRTrinity said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Santa Margarita?  I swear they have had around 12+ kids, including multiple starters, depart the program to division 8 Crean Lutheran, Los Al, and now Inglewood.  What's going on out there?  My suspicion is it has to deal with their QB coach Porter.  Something fishy here is going on.  Whatever it is, the gurus are circling the program and taking the best.

Santa Margarita has not been relevant since Coach Harry Welch was there…. They are nothing more then a poorly coached bottom feeding team….

I think what is shows are Kids are done with these overinflated TL teams that just get to have their teeth kicked it by MD and SJB every year…. No one needs this ….

In this day and age you can play anywhere and get plenty of offers through 7 on 7, social media, etc so why waste your time playing for Trinity League has beens…..

The real question is, why would any one go to SM or any of these other TL schools in the first place…. There is no good coaching, and you will never compete for league or CIF titles in D1….

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!!…. If all that mattered to these kids, then why are they all leaving?…. 🤣

Those ratings are just for the kids who actually pay tuition and care about education…. 🤣🤣

So they don't pay tuition, the academics are far superior, and regardless of what you say, the football teams were still in the top 2% of all teams in the state this year. The only team that doesn't fall into that category would have been favored to win a state championship in 49 other states last year. I'm guessing someone would go to those schools for the aforementioned reasons, coupled with the fact that they aren't quite good enough to play at Mater Dei or Bosco. Is this really a mystery?

13 hours ago, QPRTrinity said:

In other news, O Lu's preseason schedule has been released.  Pretty impressive and I now understand why they are getting so many transfers in this early in 2023.  I want to see OC Corp work his magic.

OLU would have placed 3rd in the Sunset League last year….. 🤣

Hopefully they get a lot of good transfers because it looks like another 5 or 6 loss season for OLU….

The St. Paul Swordsmen of Santa Fe Springs California are searching for a new head football coach after they let Swordsman alumnus Rick Zepeda go.

Zepeda was hired at St. Paul in 2013 and compiled a 55-51 overall record. In addition to reaching the CIF-SS playoffs five times, the Swordsmen won three league titles during Zepeda’s tenure. In 2019, they advanced to the CIF-SS Division 5 championship game, where they lost to Aquinas, 21-16.

St. Paul was 4-6 this past season and missed the playoffs. But a year prior, the Swordsmen were 8-3 and shared the Angelus League title. They lost to Upland in the first round of the Division 4 playoffs that season.

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2023/02/10/st-paul-fires-football-coach-rick-zepeda-explaining-that-it-is-moving-in-a-different-direction/

I wonder if Sammy Swordsman is interested. 🤔