Some California news

Ararar

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

What would you do?

Even Cen10 can't compete anymore.

Since '14-'15 season, I think Bosco has lost to Cen10 once and Servite once.

In that same time, I think MD has lost to Cen10 once and JSerra twice. 

That's 8 seasons in which Bosco and MD are something like a combined 180-5 against CA teams. 

So this is more geared towards the southern section and their playoffs. But I know for certain there is at least two ideas on the table. One would be 4 team D1 teams play go straight to semis play each other. Winners play each other in title game and loser play each as well for a shot to go to state. 

Another rumor I heard is similar to the southern section basketball model where you put 4 team in a group and they play round robin. Top two play after pool play go to the open division and bottom two play to go to D1. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

So this is more geared towards the southern section and their playoffs. But I know for certain there is at least two ideas on the table. One would be 4 team D1 teams play go straight to semis play each other. Winners play each other in title game and loser play each as well for a shot to go to state. 

Another rumor I heard is similar to the southern section basketball model where you put 4 team in a group and they play round robin. Top two play after pool play go to the open division and bottom two play to go to D1. 

Anything with the losers getting to play on is stupid

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That's basically what's happening already with the advent of Open Divisions at the Section level.

It's a bad idea that only seems to be gaining steam.

The San Diego Section Open Division works perfectly…. The 4 Top ranked SD teams play each other and it works great…. There is no need in SD to have a 8 Team top level playoff bracket because there are never 8 teams on the same level….

That is what the SS and CIF need to come to grips with… And the CIF needs to adjust because the North vs South Open Championship is just a Farce at this point….

Look at how this year would have unfolded….

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Anything with the losers getting to play on is stupid

I don’t know why the SS just doesn’t go to a 4 team Open like San Diego does….

It works perfectly each year and their is no loser moves on BS… 

29 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Negro is nothing but a Used Car Salemen and a Jackass….. What DLS did and what SJB is doing are 2 totally different things….

DLS actually Coached  kids up, didn’t take transfers and it did t take a team of 30+ D1 Players to play a competitive game against DLS as noted by MD almost beating them Twice during “The Streak”….

DLS used Coaching, Execution and hard work to teach the kids how to put forward their best effort and make the best of themselves and winning was a by product of that….

What JN does is run a program that “Coaches Kids Out” and brings In A revolving door of transfers every year in the name of winning FB games…. 

Jason Negro essentially ruined HS FB in So Cal and MD Followed him down the road…. His comments above just show how big his Ego really is and the dude is totally out of touch with reality…. 🤣

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Negro is nothing but a Used Car Salemen and a Jackass….. What DLS did and what SJB is doing are 2 totally different things….

DLS actually Coached  kids up, didn’t take transfers and it did t take a team of 30+ D1 Players to play a competitive game against DLS as noted by MD almost beating them Twice during “The Streak”….

DLS used Coaching, Execution and hard work to teach the kids how to put forward their best effort and make the best of themselves and winning was a by product of that….

What JN does is run a program that “Coaches Kids Out” and brings In A revolving door of transfers every year in the name of winning FB games…. 

Jason Negro essentially ruined HS FB in So Cal and MD Followed him down the road…. His comments above just show how big his Ego really is and the dude is totally out of touch with reality…. 🤣

LMAO. You, of all people, posting a multiple paragraph diatribe against SJB and Negro. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I think Negro is kind of a jackass too but I think your take on DLS is kind of silly.

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

"You've got to give us credit because what we've done is we've realized what we needed to do to be successful to knock off the De La Salles. To knock off the Mater Deis."

He hasn't knocked off the Meter Deis because MD made the same realization Negro did after Bosco beat them 5 times in a row in the early to mid 2010s. 

17 minutes ago, QPRTrinity said:

all I see is a bunch of excuses from nocal.  Get your talent up and compete.  Trying to lobby CIF to create dumb rules...↳

I think that's what SoCal did. Maybe it was part of Negro's "realization."

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/story/2019-10-19/how-mater-dei-and-st-john-bosco-became-dominant

"A loosening of transfer rules after some legal pressure has helped the Monarchs and Braves separate themselves from other top prep football programs."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I think Negro is kind of a jackass too but I think your take on DLS is kind of silly.

Is it Silly Though?….. From 1992 to 2004 The “Streak Years”, DLS only had 2 Teams, 1999 and 2001 that could possibly Play with and Beat the SJB and MD teams of the Current Era….

The Rest of the years there were likely at least 5-10 CA teams that could beat DLS but the just did not play them….

Go Ahead and name the 5-10 teams in CA that can beat SJB and MD in the current Era…..

Negro Comparing The DLS Streak to what he is doing at SJB is disingenuous and a Joke…. It’s totally different….

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Is it Silly Though?….. From 1992 to 2004 The “Streak Years”, DLS only had 2 Teams, 1999 and 2001 that could possibly Play with and Beat the SJB and MD teams of the Current Era….

Yes.

DLS led the country in the number of NFL players for many years. They had more talent than 99% of the teams they played.

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

That’s exactly why I don’t like him and call his team Thing 2.

He needs to play SFA, IMG, and The Bishop to remember what it’s like to play and get straight beat Apples to Apples.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 1:58 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Yes.

DLS led the country in the number of NFL players for many years. They had more talent than 99% of the teams they played.

NFL-type talent at DLS was sparse prior to 1997.  Once the DJ Williams, Matt Gutierrez, Maurice Drew type of players started showing up, that's when things got escalated.  Even then, it only lasted until maybe 2003.  Then, it went back to being sparse.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Once the DJ Williams, Matt Gutierrez, Maurice Drew type of players started showing up, that's when things got escalated.  Even then, it only lasted until maybe 2003.  Then, it went back to being sparse.

And once they got those guys (post-1998) they played all of their significant opponents during the streak.