Mater Dei and SJB "Transfer QB-2020"

Texasfrog

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Hey...  I see that Mater Dei got them a 2022 QB Transfer from San Diego, CA.

QB- Emmett Brown-   1 FCS offer so far.

Not bad when you also consider they got a  (Ross Maseuli3-Star OL transfer and 5-Star RB transfer (Raleek Brown).

Mater Dei....."Best team that money can buy."

You really have a hard on for MD football. This is also old news. And overblown IMO. Maseuli and Raleek Brown are way bigger transfers. Being close to the program I can tell you that this transfer QB is by no means even considered to be the favorite to be the starting QB. It's actually pretty even at this point. Unless there is a new transfer QB there will be a very interesting competition to see who will be the #1 QB going into next season. No matter who it is it will be a huge step down from the last 5 years of Bryce Young and JT Daniels. MD turned away a significant QB transfer because he would have been a senior and would not be allowed to graduate early. We don't want a repeat of the Dollars and Criddell debacle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Hey...  I see that Mater Dei got them a 2022 QB Transfer from San Diego, CA.

QB- Emmett Brown-   1 FCS offer so far.

Not bad when you also consider they got a  (Ross Maseuli3-Star OL transfer and 5-Star RB transfer (Raleek Brown).

Mater Dei....."Best team that money can buy."

block 39.jpg

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:35 AM, Bodysurf said:

You really have a hard on for MD football. This is also old news. And overblown IMO. Maseuli and Raleek Brown are way bigger transfers. Being close to the program I can tell you that this transfer QB is by no means even considered to be the favorite to be the starting QB. It's actually pretty even at this point. Unless there is a new transfer QB there will be a very interesting competition to see who will be the #1 QB going into next season. No matter who it is it will be a huge step down from the last 5 years of Bryce Young and JT Daniels. MD turned away a significant QB transfer because he would have been a senior and would not be allowed to graduate early. We don't want a repeat of the Dollars and Criddell debacle.

isn't MD known for being difficult to transfer to as a senior? if so, I wonder what MD has against senior transfers.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Yes they are. Especially at high profile programs. Talk about growth or whatever you want but you know these kids move in to these districts to play at better programs period. I have a buddy coaching at one of the best programs in AZ, they’re open enrollment until you want to transfer, then you have to move in to the district. So what do they do when they want to transfer to play in his program? “Move in” the district. Not having to pay tuition at a private school also makes it easier to “move in” to the district. No stars or 5 stars, EVERYONE pays tuition out here. 

Please. MD turns kids away. 5 star Kendall Milton was told no he couldn’t transfer to MD last year. 5 star Miller Moss was turned away a few weeks ago. This staff has produced a heisman winner, national champions on both levels and gets as many kids to the next level as any school. We can talk about development anytime you’d like. I’ll let you figure out which school has produced more talent MD or DV/NS. The best secondary in the country this year is at MD. Not one transfer amongst starters. Kids come to MD to get developed. I guess Allen doesn’t take pride in truly developing Kyler since he transferred in. I mean moved in. Would the best player in the state transfer to the best program in the state at the time for athletic reasons? Not in Texas! Lmao.

MD won two national titles & produced two Heisman Trophy winners before transferring became popular. Mater Dei & the University of Texas have the same number of Heisman winners. Can’t win nationally? MD has been doing this. Looks like NS didn’t win a 5A title until 2003, DV has never won a state title ever. MD has won nationally long before your top two programs were even relevant. NS would’ve lost either year. MD & SJB would’ve put up 50. 

it's also still a huge shock, how it took MD a while in basketball to produce a long-term NBA player, that being Stanley Johnson, despite being the most decorated high school basketball program in CA state history and maybe all of the West Coast, of the 9 MD players who made it to the NBA, only LeRon Ellis, Reggie Geary and Stanley Johnson are the only ones to last a full season in the NBA, since there are schools in CA that haven't achieved a 10th or fraction of the amount of success MD has done under McKnight, yet they have produced players who made an impact in the NBA.

that's always been the main advantage private schools, parochial schools have over public schools, public schools are limited to boundary lines, there are no boundary lines for parochial schools or private schools. In short, private/parochial schools can accept students from anywhere regardless of where they live, public schools are limited to a certain geography in which they can accept or draw students.

6 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

isn't MD known for being difficult to transfer to as a senior? if so, I wonder what MD has against senior transfers.

The issue is taking a senior that would want to graduate early in order to enroll early in college. So basically they would be at MD for half a school year. This is what happened with Dollars and Criddell which caused a huge shit storm. MD would not let them graduate early so they went back to their old high school. Last year there were a few high profile transfers that were turned away for this reason. This year the school turned away a highly touted senior quarterback that wanted to transfer there.

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

The issue is taking a senior that would want to graduate early in order to enroll early in college. So basically they would be at MD for half a school year. This is what happened with Dollars and Criddell which caused a huge shit storm. MD would not let them graduate early so they went back to their old high school. Last year there were a few high profile transfers that were turned away for this reason. This year the school turned away a highly touted senior quarterback that wanted to transfer there.

ya I brought this up because, someone I knew wanted to transfer to MD many years ago just as a student, but not as an athlete, he just didn't want to be in the public school district he was in anymore, but MD didn't let him in, he tried to transfer there his senior year. It's a reminder that, getting an interdistrict transfer to another school district has historically been a difficult process, so people who fail at that, try the private school option since private schools have no residential boundaries or district boundary lines.

The problem with transfering into MD as a senior especially if you're trying to leave early is that at MD you need 30 more credits than the California standard to graduate. So MD students take an extra class per semester to meet that requirement. That's why Elias Ricks went to IMG because he would not be able to leave early to go to LSU if he didn't leave. In order to leave MD early you have to plan in advance so you can take multiple units in summer or online. The rest of this post is stupid MD doesn't have to recruit. I coached youth football for years and these kids at 8 years old dream to go to MD and so do their parents. The education is college level, the facilities are college level, and every single starter gets a D1 look. If you're a parent with a 4 star or 5 star kid in you live within an hour of MD and he can compete and you don't enroll him you're an unfit parent and should be reported to child services.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Losdog said:

The problem with transfering into MD as a senior especially if you're trying to leave early is that at MD you need 30 more credits than the California standard to graduate. So MD students take an extra class per semester to meet that requirement. That's why Elias Ricks went to IMG because he would not be able to leave early to go to LSU if he didn't leave. In order to leave MD early you have to plan in advance so you can take multiple units in summer or online. The rest of this post is stupid MD doesn't have to recruit. I coached youth football for years and these kids at 8 years old dream to go to MD and so do their parents. The education is college level, the facilities are college level, and every single starter gets a D1 look. If you're a parent with a 4 star or 5 star kid in you live within an hour of MD and he can compete and you don't enroll him you're an unfit parent and should be reported to child services.

👆

On 2/3/2020 at 3:14 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Yes they are. Especially at high profile programs. Talk about growth or whatever you want but you know these kids move in to these districts to play at better programs period. I have a buddy coaching at one of the best programs in AZ, they’re open enrollment until you want to transfer, then you have to move in to the district. So what do they do when they want to transfer to play in his program? “Move in” the district. Not having to pay tuition at a private school also makes it easier to “move in” to the district. No stars or 5 stars, EVERYONE pays tuition out here. 

Please. MD turns kids away. 5 star Kendall Milton was told no he couldn’t transfer to MD last year. 5 star Miller Moss was turned away a few weeks ago. This staff has produced a heisman winner, national champions on both levels and gets as many kids to the next level as any school. We can talk about development anytime you’d like. I’ll let you figure out which school has produced more talent MD or DV/NS. The best secondary in the country this year is at MD. Not one transfer amongst starters. Kids come to MD to get developed. I guess Allen doesn’t take pride in truly developing Kyler since he transferred in. I mean moved in. Would the best player in the state transfer to the best program in the state at the time for athletic reasons? Not in Texas! Lmao.

MD won two national titles & produced two Heisman Trophy winners before transferring became popular. Mater Dei & the University of Texas have the same number of Heisman winners. Can’t win nationally? MD has been doing this. Looks like NS didn’t win a 5A title until 2003, DV has never won a state title ever. MD has won nationally long before your top two programs were even relevant. NS would’ve lost either year. MD & SJB would’ve put up 50. 

Any reason why theyd deny any player regardless of star rating,offers etc

On 2/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, Losdog said:

of course its all speculation, it's what if fantasy, many feel if Elias Ricks had not transferred out of MD prior to last season, MD would have no doubt had a 3-peat. if I recall correctly, I believe JT Daniels had dreamed or was committed to MD since elementary school, it should makes you say, wow, most high schools don't have that type of influence on youth athletes, even other rich HS programs from CA, I don't think they have been able to attract youth athletes the same way MD has.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 5:51 PM, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

of course its all speculation, it's what if fantasy, many feel if Elias Ricks had not transferred out of MD prior to last season, MD would have no doubt had a 3-peat. if I recall correctly, I believe JT Daniels had dreamed or was committed to MD since elementary school, it should makes you say, wow, most high schools don't have that type of influence on youth athletes, even other rich HS programs from CA, I don't think they have been able to attract youth athletes the same way MD has.

DGW was a bigger lose imo...ricks is great but DGW would have been a team captain and a leader on defense...

13 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

it reminds me, I believe some sports analysts consider the 2017 MD team to be the greatest, most talented team in CIF history, best ever to come out of California or maybe the West Coast. The most amazing stat for them, was that they never trailed in a single game all season long.

2017 MD would not have Beat 2018 MD or 2019 MD.... Those 2 Teams Played tougher competition and hold wins over IMG and SFA... BG post Tate Martell and BC were not on the level of either IMG or SFA.... Plus SJB wasn't nearly as good in 2017 as they were in 18-19...

I will take the team that had a comeback and win against IMG rather then a team that never trailed against lesser competition... I know MD had a Star Receiver sit out against BG, but 2017 BG was not anything like 2016 BG with Tate Martell...

I think The Greatest Team from CA ever was 1999 or 2001 DLS... Those 2 teams had the Talented Athletes and Future NFL type of prospects to beat the Super Teams of today... Those DLS Team's  had Matt Guiterrez at QB who could not only run the veer well, but was a terrific passer and future NFL type of Receivers...

I would take all 4 of those teams over 2017 MD... Maybe even 2019 SJB as well.... All just my opinion of course! :) 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

2017 MD would not have Beat 2018 MD or 2019 MD.... Those 2 Teams Played tougher competition and hold wins over IMG and SFA... BG post Tate Martell and BC were not on the level of either IMG or SFA.... Plus SJB wasn't nearly as good in 2017 as they were in 18-19...

I will take the team that had a comeback and win against IMG rather then a team that never trailed against lesser competition... I know MD had a Star Receiver sit out against BG, but 2017 BG was not anything like 2016 BG with Tate Martell...

I think The Greatest Team from CA ever was 1999 or 2001 DLS... Those 2 teams had the Talented Athletes and Future NFL type of prospects to beat the Super Teams of today... Those DLS Team's  had Matt Guiterrez at QB who could not only run the veer well, but was a terrific passer and future NFL type of Receivers...

I would take all 4 of those teams over 2017 MD... Maybe even 2019 SJB as well.... All just my opinion of course! :) 

2017 MD DEFINITELY beats 2018 MD. The 2019 team I'm not as sure about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

2017 MD DEFINITELY beats 2018 MD. The 2019 team I'm not as sure about.

I just don't see what makes 2017 MD better then 2018 MD... I think 2019 may have actually been the Best team, Still cant figure out how they blew that lead to SJB, other then the injured secondary... 

• Like 1