Some California news

Ararar

26 minutes ago, On2whls said:

They’ll be in a new league next year with Cen10, Norco, Murrieta Valley, Chapparal, and Roosevelt.  Will be good for all involved.

Well I give them huge props. They had one relevant season. What was that 2010 when they upset Cen 10 in the finals and have gotten a decade+ publicity out of that. 😂

30 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Well I give them huge props. They had one relevant season. What was that 2010 when they upset Cen 10 in the finals and have gotten a decade+ publicity out of that. 😂

What I remember about VM was their run with SUA Cravens…. They had the 1 year where they had to forfit like 4 or 5 games for some reason but Beat Cen10 in the finals….

The next year the Lost an Espic game to Cen10 in The Finals by a couple of points…

Sua Cravens was a GREAT HSFB Player…. 🍻

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:49 AM, MD87 said:

DLS is the 4th or 5th best team in the state, but they have to follow St Francis (MV), of course.  They should not be ranked behind MV or Serra (SM), though.  Sparty would dispatch those two pretty easily.

No team in NorCal has played DLS tougher than Serra over the years, including St. Francis.

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

No team in NorCal has played DLS tougher than Serra over the years, including St. Francis.

True, of course, but how often have they beaten DLS?  My point is that DLS is still better than SM Serra this season.   St Francis deserves to be ranked ahead of DLS simply bc they've beaten them, but SM Serra and MV do not deserve to be ranked ahead of the Spartans, imo.

14 minutes ago, MD87 said:

True, of course, but how often have they beaten DLS?  My point is that DLS is still better than SM Serra this season.   St Francis deserves to be ranked ahead of DLS simply bc they've beaten them, but SM Serra and MV do not deserve to be ranked ahead of the Spartans, imo.

DLS has pretty much always been better than Serra, but they've still have two 4th qtr leads against the Spartans, with one game hinging on a fake PAT (cough, cough... muffed snap) and another loss was only by 1 score.  This Serra team is very good and this Spartan team has had some holes in it.

The expectation by CalHiSports is that Serra will beat St. Francis.  I think that game could go either way, but CalHi doesn't really like playing hopscotch with their rankings.

37 minutes ago, MD87 said:

If I had to rank them right now:

Serra 

DLS

SF/MV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

I would agree but the problem for Serra is their best player is out for the season with injury. They also aren't battle tested at all. 

Good point.  I still think DLS wins even if he wasn't hurt.  Early in the year Serra probably beats them but at this point in the season I would go with DLS.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

I would agree but the problem for Serra is their best player is out for the season with injury. They also aren't battle tested at all. 

I agree. I called out Serra earlier before the season started. If you think you got a special team, challenge them with a special schedule. Let them see where they stack up, not with HMB. They stole the Folsom playbook unfortunately on the scheduling for this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

In summary:

• The CIF-SS D1 championship will be held at Veterans Stadium in Long Beach on Nov. 1
  • The CIF-SS D2-14 championships will be played at host team sites
  • CIF State championships will be played at Saddleback College on Dec. 10 and 11
  • The CIF-SS football playoff brackets will be released Sunday, October 31 at 10 AM PDT
  • Thanks 2