Poster of the Year Nominations

PrepGridiron

20 hours ago, Wosinc said:

If at all possible, I would like to see the OT posts and reactions disregarded.

They add nothing [...]

You're being far too generous. 

I recently read about a Harvard study from the 70s which allegedly showed that people tend to like each other less the more they get to know each other. It's making the rounds right now because people are reflecting on the Internet and social media.

People believed that the Internet would help us build better communities. The thought was that we just have to get to know each other, and then we'd all get along. And the Internet was going to make that so much easier. 

But it's not going as well as people had hoped. Communication does not imply community.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Listen, it's not the "Who would you want to have a beer with?" award. 

When they're handing out awards, I'll be in the back, in a dark corner, trending down. You'd be welcome to join me.

You must be old school, like me, so we are both trending down.  Or are we trending up?

We got to move forward, and keep up with the times..............................NOT.

Today, everybody gets a participation award. Lol

Image result for everybody gets participation award gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I recently read about a Harvard study from the 70s which allegedly showed that people tend to like each other less the more they get to know each other. It's making the rounds right now because people are reflecting on the Internet and social media.

People believed that the Internet would help us build better communities. The thought was that we just have to get to know each other, and then we'd all get along. And the Internet was going to make that so much easier. 

But it's not going as well as people had hoped. Communication does not imply community.

I barely hate you, Belly. 

BGW

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I knew this ... 😎, but that’s me: Mr. Generous.

Just trying to stay calm amidst a tsunami of assholery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/29/2018 at 9:05 AM, Belly Bob said:

For GA insight:  @HawgGoneIt and @ECHS05 and @ATLien12x

For OH: @hardhit1 and @Coletrain06

For TX: @DevilDog and @Horsefly

For NorCal: @ThunderRam

For SoCal: @dntn31 and @Eddyr2 and @Ararar and @Sammyswordsman

For MD: @NicholasMalibu

For the Northeast: @Adam Kurkjian and @NYHSFAN33

For national polls: @Omaha Vol and @whiteshoes

There are others whose names I can't think of, but I'm running out of steam.

EDIT:

For FL: @954gator

For the market: @DarterBlue

For grip strength and ladies' feet: @ChimpGrip

There are two posters who know what's going on in AZ, but I can't remember their names. Apologies.

The guys from UT and NV were quiet this year. 

I just passed out, came to, then went out again LOL good shit!

• Haha 1

Big thanks to @ThunderRam and @Extremely Humble for the mentions.  Although I don't really consider myself to be a "national poster", I do appreciate the consideration amongst a lot of knowledgeable people.

giphy.gif

My nominations:

@Sammyswordsman:  He's sort of a like a reoccurring rash, keeps popping up and reminding you he's there.  A bit of a homer at (many) times, but still puts in work for his tiers.

@ThunderRam:  Have always enjoyed the discussions over the years and have a good sense that I'm going to learn something new every time I see one of his posts.

@Eddyr2:  Throwing a shout-out here, even though his reaction-content ratio isn't as good as mine ( 😋 ).  Good info on MD without being an overbearing homer.

@Ararar:  For keeping us abreast of new developments in SoCal... and for making me aware/inviting me to this board in the first place.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, Belly Bob said:

Listen, it's not the "Who would you want to have a beer with?" award. 

When they're handing out awards, I'll be in the back, in a dark corner, trending down. You'd be welcome to join me.

Thank you for the invite.  I gladly accept although you will trend up after the first round.  Once I have enough rounds in me where I become a better dancer and better looking, them things start trending down again unfortunately.  

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...