Poster of the Year Nominations

PrepGridiron

14 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Continuing the nominations. Post four nominees and we will vote later in the week.

Poster of the Year - goes to the poster that provided the most insight about national HSFB 

Based on reactions, the posters that have received the most likes are as follows:

@HawgGoneIt

@GardenStateBaller

@DevilDog

@BUFORDGAWOLVES

I nominate @hardhit1  @Omaha Vol @ECHS05

There are others and I’ll give it more thought

Well, I’m honored to be considered with such esteemed company. 

But my aspiration was to be an asshole. 

Clearly I missed wide right or left, depending on the view. 

Regards,

BGW

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Based on reactions, the posters that have received the most likes are as follows:

@HawgGoneIt

@GardenStateBaller

@DevilDog

@BUFORDGAWOLVES

Can you distinguish if "reactions" are from the Varsity Forum vs. the OT Forum?

• Like 1

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Can you distinguish if "reactions" are from the Varsity Forum vs. the OT Forum?

I don't think there is a way to separate the two currently. 

Maybe Prep can see where the reactions come from. Idk. 

Even though I bailed from the OT side, not really sure if we should try to separate the reactions or not. They're still our hsfb brothers even if they prefer to mostly discuss something other. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Even though I bailed from the OT side, not really sure if we should try to separate the reactions or not. They're still our hsfb brothers even if they prefer to mostly discuss something other. 

image.png.0e4d005efb2b290f151ffe7caef45286.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Continuing the nominations. Post four nominees and we will vote later in the week.

Poster of the Year - goes to the poster that provided the most insight about national HSFB 

@HawgGoneIt

@GardenStateBaller

@DevilDog

@BUFORDGAWOLVES

Don’t reward volume posters. It’s all about likes per post!!!!

• Like 1

To me, @Sammyswordsman is the poster of the year — he’s really the only guy that would leave a hole if he left.  Keeps us entertained with great humor, multiple personalities, and even a smidgen of actual hsfb knowledge when he’s not trolling 

he doesn’t fit the definition by the Chief, but giving him Troll of Year seems like a slap in face vs his contribution 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

See I feel the opposite. I think he’d wear the troll of the year award as a special badge of honor 

Well i read what you said with an open mind and then noticed an extremely rare negative reaction to The Chief

🤣

I feel a bit similar about the nomination I’ve received — Fan of the Year — while still being honored, it’s the “blind or otherwise” piece that I feel may be used against me every time I’m correctly enlightening someone in the future 

• Haha 3

First off, thanks to @Wosinc @Belly Bob @Extremely Humble for the mentions. I don't believe I contribute or cover enough to qualify, but I really do appreciate the fact that you guys thought enough of me to say something. That means a lot. I love debating (and sometimes agreeing) sports with all of you, most specifically HS football. After all, the one thing that bonds all of us together is our passion and love for the HS game.

That said, there are so many knowledgeable and passionate people on this board that it almost seems unfair to single any out. So if I don't mention you here, please don't take it as a slap in the face. Everybody brings something to the table.

But for me, I'd first nominate @PrepGridiron for not only his post contributions -- which are usually pretty unbiased and fair -- but because he's the reason we're all here by providing this wonderful forum. While I believe some of the obvious trolls non-serious people get too much latitude here, PG does a great job managing the board (as do the other admins).

Next, I'd nominate @Cal 14 who IMHO has as good a grasp on CA football as anybody on the board. There are many that are super  knowledgeable of SoCal and many that are super knowledgeable of NorCal, but very few that see and have strong insight on the amount of teams Statewide as Cal does. The quality work he did on the NorCal weekly thread is worthy of poster of the year all by itself as far as I'm concerned. That covered 7 different sections from the CA/Oregon border down through Bakersfield. Cal14 is the man!

Honorable mentions to:

• @Sammyswordsman for the discussion he provokes and humor he adds. I know I often break balls when I feel he's gone too far, doesn't know what he's talking about, or is biased towards SoCal/Trinity, but I still appreciate his sense of humor and what he brings to the community.
  • @Pops Like Sammy, I've known him on various boards for a decade now. We've had many spirited debates over the years and while I know he gets a lot of grief from many on this and DJ's old board, especially Canes, he's always been among my favorite posters to read.
  • Team GA. @HawgGoneIt @TheMaximumHornetSting @ECHS05 @BUFORDGAWOLVES @ATLien12x just to name a few. I don't dig and troll on GA football like many others do, but I've always appreciated the ferocity with which you guys defend your State against everyone else on the board. And you guys are heavy contributors in most threads.
  • @Belly Bob @Wosinc @Blueliner @GloryDays @Ararar I like reading you guys and appreciate the logic and methods behind your opinions/arguments.
  • @Consuela @The Comish @The Stache For all the humor.
  • All my NorCal brethren. We have to stick together against the rest of these a-holes 😉😋

• Thanks 3
  • Like 10

35 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

First off, thanks to @Wosinc @Belly Bob @Extremely Humble for the mentions. I don't believe I contribute or cover enough to qualify, but I really do appreciate the fact that you guys thought enough of me to say something. That means a lot. I love debating (and sometimes agreeing) sports with all of you, most specifically HS football. After all, the one thing that bonds all of us together is our passion and love for the HS game.

That said, there are so many knowledgeable and passionate people on this board that it almost seems unfair to single any out. So if I don't mention you here, please don't take it as a slap in the face. Everybody brings something to the table.

But for me, I'd first nominate @PrepGridiron for not only his post contributions -- which are usually pretty unbiased and fair -- but because he's the reason we're all here by providing this wonderful forum. While I believe some of the obvious trolls non-serious people get too much latitude here, PG does a great job managing the board (as do the other admins).

Next, I'd nominate @Cal 14 who IMHO has as good a grasp on CA football as anybody on the board. There are many that are super  knowledgeable of SoCal and many that are super knowledgeable of NorCal, but very few that see and have strong insight on the amount of teams Statewide as Cal does. The quality work he did on the NorCal weekly thread is worthy of poster of the year all by itself as far as I'm concerned. That covered 7 different sections from the CA/Oregon border down through Bakersfield. Cal14 is the man!

Honorable mentions to:

• @Sammyswordsman for the discussion he provokes and humor he adds. I know I often break balls when I feel he's gone too far, doesn't know what he's talking about, or is biased towards SoCal/Trinity, but I still appreciate his sense of humor and what he brings to the community.
  • @Pops Like Sammy, I've known him on various boards for a decade now. We've had many spirited debates over the years and while I know he gets a lot of grief from many on this and DJ's old board, especially Canes, he's always been among my favorite posters to read.
  • Team GA. @HawgGoneIt @TheMaximumHornetSting @ECHS05 @BUFORDGAWOLVES @ATLien12x just to name a few. I don't dig and troll on GA football like many others do, but I've always appreciates ferocity with which you guys defend your State against everyone else on the board. And you guys are heavy contributors in most threads.
  • @Belly Bob @Wosinc @Blueliner @GloryDays @Ararar I like reading you guys and appreciate the logic and methods behind your opinions/arguments.
  • @Consuela @The Comish @The Stache For all the humor.
  • All my NorCal brethren. We have to stick together against the rest of these a-holes 😉😋

Could be a late write in for post of the year. Thanks, Thunder. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If at all possible, I would like to see the OT posts and reactions disregarded.

They add nothing to the HSFB end of this otherwise enjoyable board.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, Belly Bob said:

For GA insight:  @HawgGoneIt and @ECHS05 and @ATLien12x

For OH: @hardhit1 and @Coletrain06

For TX: @DevilDog and @Horsefly

For NorCal: @ThunderRam

For SoCal: @dntn31 and @Eddyr2 and @Ararar and @Sammyswordsman

For MD: @NicholasMalibu

For the Northeast: @Adam Kurkjian and @NYHSFAN33

For national polls: @Omaha Vol and @whiteshoes

There are others whose names I can't think of, but I'm running out of steam.

EDIT:

For FL: @954gator

For the market: @DarterBlue

For grip strength and ladies' feet: @ChimpGrip

There are two posters who know what's going on in AZ, but I can't remember there names. Apologies.

The guys from UT and NV were quiet this year. 

Thank you Belly Bob!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

[...]

Thanks a lot guy's.  Woe is me.  

33 minutes ago, ohio said:

Yeah...I feel your pain.

Listen, it's not the "Who would you want to have a beer with?" award. 

When they're handing out awards, I'll be in the back, in a dark corner, trending down. You'd be welcome to join me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4